Instrumentals

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Instrumentals

Post by chtimixeur »

This is probably the closest we'll get to an official instrumental.
AR can do wonders these days.
I hope there is more to come, because we can appreciate Creed's music more than ever before this way.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Instrumentals

Post by Dolo »

I did one a long time ago.

Are any AB multitracks available anywhere?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I guess you used the Guitar Hero stems to create this instrumental.
I also played with them and boosted the bass in the mix, but sadly, it's the only song where multitracks are available.

This instrumental I posted is something else. One year ago, a guy on Youtube created an AI software that removes vocal frequencies from songs, and the end result almost sounds like official instrumentals. That's something that couldn't be done before.

Here are some channels with AI instrumentals if you want to get an idea:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZvyp3 ... kgg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcuhCq ... a2A/videos

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I have stems from Guitar Hero 6 which includes Ties that Bind. Usually, if the stems were out there, other people have already put them on Youtube as instrumentals and isolated tracks:

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea those existed.
I played with them for a little bit.
I increased the bass by 3 dB, the drums by 2 dB and decreased the guitar by 2 dB. It makes a huge different when you can hear all instruments and not just the guitars. Suddenly, Alter Bridge becomes super groovy!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:29 am I increased the bass by 3 dB, the drums by 2 dB and decreased the guitar by 2 dB. It makes a huge different when you can hear all instruments and not just the guitars. Suddenly, Alter Bridge becomes super groovy!
Did you mess around with EQ or compression? It seems to me that all their mixes are crammed af (Elvis at his 'best' lol) and it would be interested if one can improve it.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Dolo: I did none of that. But the individual stems are not compressed at all, so my quick amateurish mix isn't brickwalled, which gives more air and dynamics to the song.

Here's the sound wave from the official album version:

And here's the one from the version I played with:

Too bad we can't play with stems from every song, that would be fun!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Holy balls, is that first wave form a real thing? Looks like it was streched or something.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Most songs ave been looking like that for the last 25 years (the loudness war started around 1995)

Here's a recent example. Muse remixed its 2001 album sand said this in the press release.
Whereas most remix albums aim to radically rework the material, or to switch to an entirely different genre, the band and Costey wanted to provide a renewed clarity with a more open, dynamic and less crushed sound.
Fine. Some of their fans who know nothing about mixing and mastering might want to trust their favourite band.
Now, let's look at the sound wave of Hyper Music.
Needless to say there is nothing dynamic about it... :lol

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Yeah. I listened to some of those remixed and pretty much hated them so far, but I'm not that familiar with that album anyway.
That wave form looks awful.
Last edited by Dolo on Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I think Metallica "won" the loudness war with Death Magnetic. Since then things have calmed down a little.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

chtimixeur wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:57 pm Most songs ave been looking like that for the last 25 years (the loudness war started around 1995)

Here's a recent example. Muse remixed its 2001 album sand said this in the press release.
Whereas most remix albums aim to radically rework the material, or to switch to an entirely different genre, the band and Costey wanted to provide a renewed clarity with a more open, dynamic and less crushed sound.
Fine. Some of their fans who know nothing about mixing and mastering might want to trust their favourite band.
Now, let's look at the sound wave of Hyper Music.
Needless to say there is nothing dynamic about it... :lol
Wait...is that the original or remixed sound wave? Either way OOOOOF that looks bad.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's the remix.
That's why I mentioned it: they talked about the remix being more "dynamic and less crushed", when it's clearly not the case.
You can listen to it here:

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yet there's a lot more clarity and it does sound a lot more open. I agree it's too loud, don't get me wrong, but you can't judge an end product purely based on a wave.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I agree about the clarity.
The previous mix was a bit muddy, whereas this new one highlights the high-end.
The drums have also been cleaned up, compressed and put higher in the mix (e.g. New Born).
Even though somes new mixes in the second half of the album are interesting, overall, I prefer the previous mix, which was not all over the place and suited the music better IMHO. The previous mix made sense from start to finish, whereas the new one only works on a few songs.