*The Official Creed Press Thread* (Updated 6/17/12)

A place for all Creed discussion.
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: *The Official Creed Press Thread* (Updated 6/17/12)

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:36 pm
scarecrow wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:45 pm
Devil Inside You wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:47 amI guarantee a new Creed album is coming out this year. Its probably already finished
I will bet you literally any amount of money that it's not.
I don't do bets lol and I can admit when I'm wrong. Believe what you want but by the end of this year I will revisit this thread to hold you to my point.
It hasn't been recorded yet. We know that. Band members have openly said it's a possibility but there are no plans. And they're all far too busy the rest of the year to get the recording (and possibly writing) of an album in. A song or two seems feasible to me, though.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

I dunno where else to post this but holy cow, a complete proshot from 2002, VHS rip

https://youtu.be/JrH-_m9a9ms?si=TG8KWzoTLD0izxXb

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

fudish123 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:09 am I dunno where else to post this but holy cow, a complete proshot from 2002, VHS rip

Thanks for posting this! Stapp was really struggling at points here, and they were running a ton of bad sounding reverb on his voice, lol. Love Mark's live tone in this era.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

paisleyfan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:11 am
fudish123 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:09 am I dunno where else to post this but holy cow, a complete proshot from 2002, VHS rip

Thanks for posting this! Stapp was really struggling at points here, and they were running a ton of bad sounding reverb on his voice, lol. Love Mark's live tone in this era.
This show rocks, sadly the dvd Stapp talked about never saw the light of day. There's a minor audio glitch during Say I but I don't care much, all Weathered songs are spot on and we finally got Who's Got My Back on pro quality!

Regarding Stapp's voice, yeah, he was running short of breath quite often but the end result is positive IMO. I agree with the reverb, specially on Higher and One.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Wow. That is a great find. I did a skim through and Bullets and Faceless Man sound pretty good. It’s also good hearing the lesser played Weathered songs.
Cannot wait to hear what they sound like in 2024 with Stapp in better shape vocally. You guys in the US better give us some good recordings in the next few months :)

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Shortman45 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:24 am Wow. That is a great find. I did a skim through and Bullets and Faceless Man sound pretty good. It’s also good hearing the lesser played Weathered songs.
Cannot wait to hear what they sound like in 2024 with Stapp in better shape vocally. You guys in the US better give us some good recordings in the next few months :)
I wonder why no one bothered to record from IEM source. All Creed SBDs date back from 97-2000, then we got only AUD, not counting some radio and tv of course.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Holy crap, finally! I saw them in Pittsburgh in 2002 - and that tour is when Mark started really breaking out with his guitar work, and this is also when he added the extended solo to Arms Wide Open - and this concert finally gives us a good quality audio and video of that solo. When he broke it out in Pittsburgh my jaw almost hit the floor - it's not a whole lot, but it's still one of my favorite solo's he's done.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Vaux wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am Holy crap, finally! I saw them in Pittsburgh in 2002 - and that tour is when Mark started really breaking out with his guitar work, and this is also when he added the extended solo to Arms Wide Open - and this concert finally gives us a good quality audio and video of that solo. When he broke it out in Pittsburgh my jaw almost hit the floor - it's not a whole lot, but it's still one of my favorite solo's he's done.
Hell yeah, I was at that same Pittsburgh concert, and it's still one of my top 3 concerts I've ever gone to.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

There's a guy on FB who owns more shows but he gotta get the band's greenlight to post more

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Very interesting article if you want some numbers about Creed's return.
https://news.pollstar.com/2024/03/25/wi ... nt-return/
When we launched it, within the first 24 hours, we had over 9,000 signups for the presale. By the time we went to the presale, we had almost 20,000 signups, and this is for around 1,000 cabins,” Moeller said, explaining that music cruises are typically announced a week before onsale to give fans a little time to check their calendars and make arrangements.

“On average, we see around a 5% to 10% conversion rate on presale signups to actual bookings. This one was double, triple that in terms of what actually came through.”
With a Live Nation tour penciled in already, the team had confidence that a full summer run would be successful, but no one could really know for sure.

“The cruises really primed the pump for the tour because we could see from the comments on social media, the pervasive comment was, ‘When’s the tour? When’s the tour? When’s the tour?’” said Fermaglich, who was an early adopter of the concert cruise model. His client, Paramore, who created the successful “Parahoy Cruise” with Sixthman, was one of the first contemporary bands to try the format. “It allowed us to kind of have a bit of a sense of what would happen when we put real shows on sale.”

A full “Summer Of ’99 Tour” was put on sale in early November, again exceeding expectations and leading to a fall leg announced this month. The “Are You Ready?” tour will feature 3 Doors Down and Mammoth WVH, this time taking in arenas in new markets and some repeats, with many dates selling out immediately. A big believer in the band is Live Nation’s Steve Herman, a self-described expert on rock reunions with artists who may have been out of the scene — or touring without their full original line-up — mentioning recent successes including blink-182, Guns N’ Roses, Smashing Pumpkins and Nickelback. He admits the response to Creed’s tour was bigger than anyone would have anticipated. “It’s double what I expected, which was still going to be super successful,” he says.

It was a good problem to have and further proof of the band having a wide-reaching and organically grown moment.
Championship Series Houston Astros v Texas Rangers Game Three

“It’s really interesting to note the demographics on their sales — 10% of the tickets sold on this tour are under 24 years old. That’s pretty remarkable to us,” Herman said. “Under 34 represents 38% of the tickets sold, which is a big number. They still obviously have a very big base in the middle-age range, but they are trending younger than most of the rock bands from that era.”

Herman says the shows are configured for around 11,500 to 13,000 tickets per night, with first-day sellouts at markets including Pine Knob Amphitheater in Detroit and Toronto’s Budweiser Stage.

He expects more than 700,000 tickets to be sold ultimately on all Live Nation dates, “which is pretty remarkable in North America.” He says there is also plenty of demand overseas, although there are no international touring plans yet.

The stars seemed more than aligned and the band themselves were ready — although busy.

“Everything’s been kind of in the works for a while, but everything seems to be happening all at once,” says Mark Tremonti, Creed co-founder and guitarist, who was about to hit the studio to record guitar tracks for an upcoming solo project at the same time Stapp was on tour for his own solo project.

“We always hoped it would come back as strong as it was back in the early 2000s and it really has,” says Tremonti, adding he’s getting calls from friends and family and even hearing excitement from his kids’ school teachers. “It seems like people are going nuts for it. Not just the stuff you see online. I’m getting calls from people from around the globe asking me about it.”

The fact that we’re able to go out and do this and do a 26,000-capacity (venue) in Hershey, Pennsylvania, is an absolute gift, but the enthusiasm would still be there if it was a 1,500-cap. House of Blues,” said Tournier. “We’re excited for people who are willing to come on the journey with us, and we’re doing it either way.”

“The whole point of this is to celebrate what’s already been created and to get the machine back up and moving,” says Tournier. “Yes, it’s nostalgia, but it’s also a healing process to be able to get everybody back together and play these songs again. Then the focus can happen of figuring out who Creed is moving forward.”
:peace