Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by scarecrow »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:44 pm Funfact: I've never heard of Our Lady Peace before lol
They were never very memorable to me but people liked them. I can recall "Somewhere Out There" (vaguely) but that's about it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:44 pm Funfact: I've never heard of Our Lady Peace before lol
This is their most famous song, and admittedly the only one I know. I like it. Its really good Post Grunge. I'm gonna check out that other track that got posted rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ladagy7wgNA

Devil Inside You
Isolated

scarecrow wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:42 pm If we're thinking LITERALLY summer of 1999 (and bands that Creed are a fit with), I could see something like a Filter / Our Lady Peace / Stone Temple Pilots / Creed bill. Similar to what Weezer, Fall Out Boy, and Green Day did with their Hella Mega tour.

Sevendust is another name that would make a lot of sense.

Orrrrrrrrr... how about The Mayfield Four? ;)
Stapp posted a pic with Carl Bell of Fuel recently. I'd love another tour of Creed and Fuel. Hell throw in the Days of the New/Tantric guys' new band too.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I wonder if they’ll finish “More Than This” and release it.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:16 pm
scarecrow wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:42 pm If we're thinking LITERALLY summer of 1999 (and bands that Creed are a fit with), I could see something like a Filter / Our Lady Peace / Stone Temple Pilots / Creed bill. Similar to what Weezer, Fall Out Boy, and Green Day did with their Hella Mega tour.

Sevendust is another name that would make a lot of sense.

Orrrrrrrrr... how about The Mayfield Four? ;)
Stapp posted a pic with Carl Bell of Fuel recently. I'd love another tour of Creed and Fuel. Hell throw in the Days of the New/Tantric guys' new band too.
Oh yeah, I ruled out Fuel because I know their singer left. Didn't know they were still around.

And Tantric is another band I revisited recently. I mostly liked the harmonies and Todd Whitener's songwriting so I've little use for anything past their first 2 records, but I realized Hugo finally recorded a lost 2004-era song for the most recent Tantric record and it brought back those good vibes for me. Originally known as "Locked Out" it came out as "Twisting And Turning" and I recommend it to anyone looking for a new fix of old Tantric.

This really does feel like the perfect time for Creed to come back and not just in a nostalgia bait way. Younger people seem a lot less precious about "coolness" in music and a lot of older folks will be reminded of how hard Creed can hit and how immaculate so many of the hooks are. If Stapp really has his shit together, this could be more than a reunion - it could be a redemption story (to take nothing away from what Alter Bridge has done and hopefully will continue to do).

I think this article was ahead of its time (by 15 years lol):

https://slate.com/culture/2009/10/creed ... rated.html

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Been listening to Human Clay a fair bit over the past couple of days. And when it comes to Faceless Man, it just blows my mind that Mark and Scott were 25 and 26 when they put that song together.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:15 pm
This is their most famous song, and admittedly the only one I know. I like it. Its really good Post Grunge. I'm gonna check out that other track that got posted rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ladagy7wgNA
Never heard this song before, but they sound alright. Looking at their Wikipedia article I can see why they are completely new to me: they never were in the charts in Europe.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Oh absolutely. That lost Tantric III record is my white whale solely for Todd Whitener's amazing playing and melodies. Hugo re-recorded Letting Go off that album in 2018 also. Its fine but his voice severely declined after Todd, Jesse and Matt quit so I also never really gave them a second look post After we Go. They put on amazing show and we're super nice when I met them this year.

I can actually see thier new band opening for Creed. It features Donald Carpenter of Submersed on vocals. Mark and Flip played on almost all of that Submersed record

https://youtu.be/H4O5Q39f2r4

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dan Dando wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:21 am Been listening to Human Clay a fair bit over the past couple of days. And when it comes to Faceless Man, it just blows my mind that Mark and Scott were 25 and 26 when they put that song together.
yeah that truly is one of their best songs. Reminds me of Michael Jacksons Man in the Mirror in terms of subject matter

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:31 am Oh absolutely. That lost Tantric III record is my white whale solely for Todd Whitener's amazing playing and melodies. Hugo re-recorded Letting Go off that album in 2018 also. Its fine but his voice severely declined after Todd, Jesse and Matt quit so I also never really gave them a second look post After we Go. They put on amazing show and we're super nice when I met them this year.

I can actually see thier new band opening for Creed. It features Donald Carpenter of Submersed on vocals. Mark and Flip played on almost all of that Submersed record

https://youtu.be/H4O5Q39f2r4
I read that recently. The band name is, uhhhhhh, certainly a choice lol.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I got back from a concert at the Pacific Amphitheater in the OC. 3 Doors Down and Candlebox. Had around 5,000-7,000 people and I think the demographic of that show is probably something that be very apparent if Creed is coming back to touring and that's a good thing. I think there is an opening for people wanting bigger shows that had that mid 90s - early 00s post-grunge vibe and that it would be great if a titan of that kind of music would come back and I think, if everyone's mindset is fine and there's no bitterness or passive-aggressive, they should be able to fill those numbers and then more if things align well enough.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:49 am So I got back from a concert at the Pacific Amphitheater in the OC. 3 Doors Down and Candlebox. Had around 5,000-7,000 people and I think the demographic of that show is probably something that be very apparent if Creed is coming back to touring and that's a good thing. I think there is an opening for people wanting bigger shows that had that mid 90s - early 00s post-grunge vibe and that it would be great if a titan of that kind of music would come back and I think, if everyone's mindset is fine and there's no bitterness or passive-aggressive, they should be able to fill those numbers and then more if things align well enough.
I'm fairly sold in my own mind that this Creed tour is going to be Arenas. They will slap in some big name band or two to open for them that we all love as well and it'll be some monster 3-band arena tour. I could easily see Creed / 3-Doors Down / Candlebox type of show.. That would sell Arenas for sure.. but idk if 3DD would be okay opening for Creed.

Either way, this is happening.. and I'm stoked for it. I hope some new music comes out of it as well. Scott has sounded great lately and we know Mark can carry him with his backing vocals along with Eric Friedman.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I can see Mammoth WVH touring with Creed to be honest. Other than that Fuel seems like a solid choice if they want to aim for Summer of 99'. I think Seven Mary Three is back together too. Normally I'd so a coheadline tour with Stone Temple Pilots, especially since STP was gonna do a big tour with Nickelback before COVID. But I think STP is pissed at Stapp for that rumor that he was their new singer

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm gonna lower my expectations just in case

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

nagpo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:14 pm Tomorrow is the big day! I'm gonna lower my expectations just in case

Don’t set them too low. Mark said earlier this year he recorded an album, the new photo of them pretty much confirms a tour and album.

I doubt they’d get together for a photoshoot to rerelease Human Clay 25 years later on Apple Music or whatever… that’s not gonna make any noise.

I’m excited, and my wallet has been saving for this for a long time.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

austin. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:16 pm Don’t set them too low. Mark said earlier this year he recorded an album, the new photo of them pretty much confirms a tour and album.
Mark has already confirmed that the album that he recorded was the second volume of Sinatra songs.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:28 pm
austin. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:16 pm Don’t set them too low. Mark said earlier this year he recorded an album, the new photo of them pretty much confirms a tour and album.
Mark has already confirmed that the album that he recorded was the second volume of Sinatra songs.
Second volume of Sinatra stuff? Missed that info, thanks for the clarification!!

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I never saw that anywhere that he confirmed that, where from?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

That got disputed in this forum a couple weeks ago. As far as I know he hasn't done the Sinatra work beyond that Slash collab. Additionally, its not much of a secret since he's already made a Sinatra record so it doesn't align with what he's been saying in interviews. Here he says its something he has planned but not yet recorded

https://blabbermouth.net/news/mark-trem ... me-reality

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Vaux wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:53 pm I never saw that anywhere that he confirmed that, where from?
https://tremontisingssinatra.com/produc ... d-5x5-card
Thanks Andy!