Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by chtimixeur »

Asked about the possibility of a CREED reunion, Mark said: "It's just a matter of timing. We're all so busy running around the world doing our things, we would just have to have the time where it made sense. I don't think we need to rush into it, because I don't think CREED fans are going anywhere. I think whenever we decide to do something, I think it's gonna be a safe time to do it. It's just gonna be when it makes sense for everybody. You don't wanna derail a whole album cycle by jumping into doing CREED. It would just have to make sense."
Sure, it's only been 10 years.
What's the rush, huh? :headscratch

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by nagpo »

"I don't think CREED fans are going anywhere. I think whenever we decide to do something, I think it's gonna be a safe time to do it. "

He just takes Creed and its fans for granted. He doesn't care about it or us. Stapp is the only one who does and the only reason Creed has any sort of relevancy in 2022. You know what Mark, there will come a time when Creed is not available, and that's when stapps voice is weathered down too much over time. mark just pisses me off

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

Mark is happy putting out the same mediocre material with Alter Bridge and his solo stuff.

At the same, I can't blame him being wary of going back to that drama that seems to come with Creed.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

paisleyfan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:20 pm Mark is happy putting out the same mediocre material with Alter Bridge and his solo stuff.

At the same, I can't blame him being wary of going back to that drama that seems to come with Creed.
Mediocre, to you, but I guess I, and a fair amount of people, have such low standards that we're more than pleased with his stuff in AB or Tremonti and wouldn't care much at all if Creed comes back. Woe is us, I guess. :rolleyes

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

paisleyfan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:20 pm Mark is happy putting out the same mediocre material with Alter Bridge and his solo stuff.

:headscratch :shrug :rolleyes

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I think it’s hard not to feel bad for Scott Stapp when this topic comes up because we all know that he would likely drop everything for Creed. Where as for Mark, Brian, and Flip, Creed is lower in terms of priority. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Scott and the guys, or Scott and Mark, have spoken privately and tentatively agreed that there will be another run when the demand for it is hard to ignore. I’m sure Scott knows deep down that Creed is never going to exist again like it did at the beginning, so he’s probably willing to wait until a reunion makes good business sense for everybody. Until then, each and every time Mark is asked the question, he’s gonna keep the option open but at arm’s length. For those of us who would love to see another Creed run, I think it would be wise to assume that the level of demand that would suit Mark might never actually materialise.

Or… I’m way off on all of this and am speaking out of my behind :lol

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:53 pm

Mediocre, to you, but I guess I, and a fair amount of people, have such low standards that we're more than pleased with his stuff in AB or Tremonti and wouldn't care much at all if Creed comes back. Woe is us, I guess. :rolleyes
Don't take it so personally. Alter Bridge has been my favorite band since 2004 when I found them on VH1 when I was 13. But I, PERSONALLY, actively dislike the last 2 albums. So maybe I'm just speaking out of frustration. Maybe I will grow to enjoy the new stuff.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:15 pm He just takes Creed and its fans for granted. He doesn't care about it
That's the impression I get from that quote too.

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:47 pmWhere as for Mark, Brian, and Flip, Creed is lower in terms of priority.
It's clearly at the bottom of priorities for Mark, way behind Alter Bridge, Tremonti and the Sinatra stuff.
I'm not sure about Flip. I think he'd really love to play with Creed again.
As for Brian, I've always had the impression he had much more of a musical connection with the Creed stuff.
But I doubt both of them can say that publicly, because it would put too much pressure on Mark to do something he's clearly not interest in anymore.

Mark could do no wrong from 1997 to 2007. It was masterpiece after masterpiece.
But IMHO, during the last 15 years, he's only released one great album, and that is Fortress.
All the other stuff ranges from mediocre to good, and lots of it is just okay.
Do I want another Creed album that is okay-ish? Absolutely not!
Less is more, and in retrospect, I'm now glad Creed stopped releasing albums.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I think it's very silly and selfish for any Creed fan to wish Mark back into a dysfunctional, still widely-derided band. Would I buy a new Creed record? Would I go see them in concert? Absolutely. Would be quite a rush of nostalgia.

Mark is a GREAT dude and it really rubs me the wrong way when I see comments like 'he doesn't care about Creed fans.' OF COURSE he does. They're why he's getting to do the things he really loves doing. The world is not black and white. He can be grateful for Creed and that whole experience while not wanting to return to it anytime soon. Just IMAGINE being in a band that became a national laughingstock, in large part because of Stapp's voice (fair enough if you enjoy it - many do not), demeanor, and antics. Being in a band considered a joke by millions would crush me. That he even tried to make it work a second time says a lot about Mark's character (admittedly I believe there were financial motives there - financial motives that didn't really pay off). That he's open to doing it AGAIN at some point - says even more.

I believe we will see Creed again. Early 90s nostalgia is hitting hard now. Won't be *too* long before we see some degree of Creed nostalgia - of the 'wait, maybe they wrote some really great, catchy songs actually?' variety. And also former fans getting over feeling uncool and just embracing music that once connected with them and made them feel good.

But it'll be a while.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I, honestly, do believe that in order to convince Mark to do Creed, he needs to be convinced that this band is not perceived to be the laughingstock that their reputation is/was. If you say, "Well, that's never going to happen, there's always going to be someone that will joke about Creed all the time," then Mark can go, "Then I'm not going to be convinced to do Creed when I'm more than content with what I got in AB and Tremonti."

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:04 pm I think it's very silly and selfish for any Creed fan to wish Mark back into a dysfunctional, still widely-derided band. Would I buy a new Creed record? Would I go see them in concert? Absolutely. Would be quite a rush of nostalgia.

Mark is a GREAT dude and it really rubs me the wrong way when I see comments like 'he doesn't care about Creed fans.' OF COURSE he does.
if u want to @ me just quote me bro. Also, I don't think most creed fans are even alter bridge fans at this point

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:29 pm I, honestly, do believe that in order to convince Mark to do Creed, he needs to be convinced that this band is not perceived to be the laughingstock that their reputation is/was. If you say, "Well, that's never going to happen, there's always going to be someone that will joke about Creed all the time," then Mark can go, "Then I'm not going to be convinced to do Creed when I'm more than content with what I got in AB and Tremonti."
That's the thing. If he cares more about people's opinions than the art itself, then he's doing it for the wrong reasons and it will probably be another subpar creed record like full circle; which was done just for financial benefiting alter bridge.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

nagpo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:57 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:04 pm I think it's very silly and selfish for any Creed fan to wish Mark back into a dysfunctional, still widely-derided band. Would I buy a new Creed record? Would I go see them in concert? Absolutely. Would be quite a rush of nostalgia.

Mark is a GREAT dude and it really rubs me the wrong way when I see comments like 'he doesn't care about Creed fans.' OF COURSE he does.
if u want to @ me just quote me bro. Also, I don't think most creed fans are even alter bridge fans at this point

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:29 pm I, honestly, do believe that in order to convince Mark to do Creed, he needs to be convinced that this band is not perceived to be the laughingstock that their reputation is/was. If you say, "Well, that's never going to happen, there's always going to be someone that will joke about Creed all the time," then Mark can go, "Then I'm not going to be convinced to do Creed when I'm more than content with what I got in AB and Tremonti."
That's the thing. If he cares more about people's opinions than the art itself, then he's doing it for the wrong reasons and it will probably be another subpar creed record like full circle; which was done just for financial benefiting alter bridge.
Please don't call me 'bro.'

Are you an artist? When you're creating stuff that's personal, it's HARD to receive harsh feedback. Let alone on a national scale. I can't imagine. Mark is human. I think expecting him or any artist to be emotionally bulletproof is silly.

And only Mark and the band know just how dysfunctional they were as a group. For all we know, it was even more dysfunctional than anyone has led on.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Why is everybody, including Mark, acting like Stapp is still the same dysfunctional guy he was 20 or even 10 years ago?
He's become wiser over the last 8 years, and I don't think he'd be hard to work with.

But hey, we've discussed this topic to death, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mark kept using the poor same excuse over the next 10 years when asked about Creed.
"Sorry, I'm busy with my 3 or 4 other bands, can't do it!"

In retrospect, it's quite a waste, especially when you listen back to the albums he's released since Creed went on a new hiatus. Very few of them have stood the test of time, but that's just my opinion of course. Focusing on Creed for a couple of years wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:06 pm

Are you an artist? When you're creating stuff that's personal, it's HARD to receive harsh feedback. Let alone on a national scale. I can't imagine. Mark is human. I think expecting him or any artist to be emotionally bulletproof is silly.

And only Mark and the band know just how dysfunctional they were as a group. For all we know, it was even more dysfunctional than anyone has led on.
sure thing bud

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:15 pm Why is everybody, including Mark, acting like Stapp is still the same dysfunctional guy he was 20 or even 10 years ago?
Your question kinda answers itself by the way you formatted it.

"I'm not the man I used to be, I've changed..."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Have you watched his podcast with Theo Von?
He's become pretty wise and self-aware, if you ask me.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

To me, a wise Stapp would realise that he and Creed are not a healthy mix. If he's in a good place now with mind, body and spirit, stay well away.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:15 pm Why is everybody, including Mark, acting like Stapp is still the same dysfunctional guy he was 20 or even 10 years ago?
He's become wiser over the last 8 years, and I don't think he'd be hard to work with.
Yes, then, on the other hand some character traits will never change. A narcissist will always stay a narcissist. Maybe Scott would stay professional while working with the band, maybe he wouldn't. I can see why Mark is very cautious.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

nagpo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:04 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:06 pm

sure thing bud
Please no (condescending) masculine terms. It was a simple ask, really. You're just being a jerk.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Stapp apologist. I'm the idiot for being surprised.