Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by chtimixeur »

Latest Mark quote about this:
"It's just a matter of timing for everybody. Everybody's juggling so many projects, we would just have to find a window where it made sense.

There's always people talking. We always get calls from people that are interested in putting a show together. But it's tough to get a band that hasn't toured in 10 years to just do a show. We would have to put it all together. We would have to put weeks into preparing the production and weeks into doing the rehearsals. And it's a big production. You can't just do one show."

It starts at 10:52.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

"It's just a matter of timing for everybody. Everybody's juggling so many projects, we would just have to find a window where it made sense.
Somebody get him a Thesaurus. We've already heard this excuse like a hundred times.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

There's a new band logo on their socials, can this be it ?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

The word tenuous comes to mind :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I don't think so. if you update something like this it can be used to just stir up interest in the band which brings more money from the backlog imo.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Brian Marshall “liked” the Facebook post with the new band logo. I’m not sure whether that means anything or not.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:30 pm Brian Marshall “liked” the Facebook post with the new band logo. I’m not sure whether that means anything or not.
Hmm. Mark did say during an interview at Download... "I just recorded a new album right before this tour started".

:headscratch

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:54 pm
creed009 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:30 pm Brian Marshall “liked” the Facebook post with the new band logo. I’m not sure whether that means anything or not.
Hmm. Mark did say during an interview at Download... "I just recorded a new album right before this tour started".

:headscratch
Do you think he was referring to Pawns & Kings? How long has the tour been going on? I know he mentioned wanting to do a follow up to the Sinatra record with new songs so it may be that.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

On top of that...there has to be some reason why stapp hasn't released a new solo record. May be was with tremonti recording a creed record? i still dont believe

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:07 am On top of that...there has to be some reason why stapp hasn't released a new solo record. May be was with tremonti recording a creed record? i still dont believe
Mark mentions recording an album separate from Tremonti and Alter Bridge at 2:28. Its due for release this year. I'm almost positive its more Sinatra but the longshot is Creed.

https://youtu.be/dKOrWKFKgvE

It could be! Stapp played that Worthy song last year seemingly gearing up for a release but then it all went quiet. Mark says he wants to go into the studio for Tremonti in 2024 so if it is Creed, it might be the 2012 record finally completed. They may release it just to test waters before committing to an actual tour/reunion

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Whoa, unexpected news! Finishing that Creed CD would be awesome! The few songs we heard, I really liked a lot.

I hope Creed is back.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's already 10:30 EST time, I don't think the announcement is coming today (if at all).
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Another link - pretty much the same info as the other link posted:

https://metalinjection.net/news/rumors/ ... -a-reunion

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I'm not getting my hopes up either way until we hear any official word, but this is definitely the most convincing evidence we've had since the last reunion, for sure. If it were just the logo being updated I may think otherwise, but the timing here is suspect especially with their website being completely inaccessible.

Hopefully we hear something soon.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:28 am
Mark mentions recording an album separate from Tremonti and Alter Bridge at 2:28. Its due for release this year. I'm almost positive its more Sinatra but the longshot is Creed.
Damn, I was hoping for the first Mark Tremonti EDM album.

But jokes aside, an all new logo on social media is a strong hint that something will happen. Either a tour or even a new album. A new album would be great news. Scott seems to be in a much much better shape than 2008 so this could be really good. And now imagine Mark and Stapp getting along well enough to even write new songs together.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I mean, hey. Stapp made an EDM song a couple years ago. Maybe its Mark's turn to go dubstep. Lol

Both of them have said if Creed reunited, that they'd want to finish the material from those 2012 sessions. Mark's going into the stuido for Tremonti next year so maybe they're releasing this as a test of public perception. Seeing if there even is an audience for Creed in 2023

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

If they do it for the right reasons, why not?
If they want it to work this time, they'll have to do the exact opposite of what they did from 2009 to 2012 though.
And by that, I mean :
- work on their inner band relationships first and foremost: if they put the drama under the rug as they did in 2008, it's probably gonna end up the same way.
- make Creed a priority for at least a full year. 18 months would be even better, and then they can go on hiatus for another 5 or 10 years.
- tour, tour and tour before going into the studio. It's the only way the new material will not sound like AB or Tremonti.

I also hope Eric Friedman and Elvis Baskette will have nothing to do with that rumoured reunion.

Someone said here Mark is already talking about a new Tremonti album, which makes me believe Creed is still at the very bottom of his priorities.
Only time will tell.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:32 am It's already 10:30 EST time, I don't think the announcement is coming today (if at all).
i doubt an official announcement until next week if it happens at all. Major announcements tend to not happen on fridays or weekends. It buries the news .

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »