Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by austin. »

2,500 dollar, for the most affordable option for two people to go see Creed…..

We are gonna do it but holy shit that’s greedy. Wow

And then if (I strongly think WHEN) they do some summer festivals next year, after the cruise is when the bands are announced for most of them besides Welcome to Rockville, fans are gonna be pissed they’re already a could grand into payments and can’t go back and just do a festival…..

So maybe there will be some exclusiveness for this cruise, and if not, I expect big backlash.

Edit man…. 2500 dollars is a good chunk of my extra income….. I wanna go so bad. I might get a second job for a few months.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I have no dog in this fight but to me it would seem quite dishonest and small-time if they think the only way people will come on this cruise is if they make people think it could be the only way they get to see one of their favourite bands. They should be up-front and open about what their plans are regarding the reunion, so that their long time fans can make the best decision for themselves on what would be a huge outlay of money when times are already tough.

Either way, hope the people that get tickets have a great time.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

The manager guy said this has been in the works for a few years. Its practically confirmed that the secret album Mark was referring too was either the second Sinatra record, or the music he made for that Venom pinball machine. That dude also heavily implied that Creed would be second priority to everything else going on, and Mark has said he's going into the studio January 2024 for Tremonti.

Maybe this is just a one off reunion. Velvet Revolver did it in 2012. It's happened before. It would be really sad, and I agree, releasing a new record either the end of this year or early next year would be a nice treat to all the fans who can't afford it. Stapp notably doesn't seem as excited as I'd expect either. You'd think he wouldn't stand for Creed to just be a one off reunion considering how dedicated he is to the band.

Who knows what's really going on? Stone Temple Pilots has some of the worst management and promotion of any band I know so maybe Creed is just entering that stage in their careers.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Look at the current success of Limp Bizkit and Blink-182, who were at their creative peak during the same time as Creed (1999-2001).
The latter are bigger than ever and making a fortune in 2023. Just like Creed, it looked like they had major internal issues and that a reunion was impossible. Yet, they worked it out, became FRIENDS again instead of putting dust under the rug, and their current tour is a phenomenal success.
This could happen to Creed too if they were properly managed.
None of those aforementioned bands would have announced their big comeback on a cruise. I mean, it's almost a joke when you think about it. The is the kind of stuff Sugar Ray does. Not the mighty Creed!
Why not play fairs while they're at it?

If they go radio silent until after the cruise is over (so 9 months from now), this will be yet another missed opportunity. But after 15 years of bad management, I can't say I'm surprised by any of this.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Devil Inside You wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:08 am The manager guy said this has been in the works for a few years. Its practically confirmed that the secret album Mark was referring too was either the second Sinatra record, or the music he made for that Venom pinball machine. That dude also heavily implied that Creed would be second priority to everything else going on, and Mark has said he's going into the studio January 2024 for Tremonti.
We really need some specifics on how things are going to work. Mark has said for years that there hasn't been any time for Creed because of AB & Tremonti (this was before he even started the Sinatra stuff as well). So if all bands/projects are continuing, how are Creed reuniting? Does it mean Alter Bridge's time will be shortened slightly? Does it mean Mark will spend slightly less time doing his Tremonti stuff? Tim said "when time allows". My concern is that Creed aren't going to be seriously back as a proper artistic enterprise. No new music, just nostalgia bait shows here and there.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Sail…

Post by scarecrow »

MaraCarr wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:40 pm
scarecrow wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:16 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:12 pm I’ve never been on a Cruise
For your sake and all that money you'll be dropping - I hope you like it. For me personally, I was forced to go on two as a kid and I loathed them. Untold numbers of drunk people in cramped quarters. Cruises are definitely not for everybody.
Thanks for the warning. I will definitely make the best of it! 😃
You may love it!! I truly hope you do and if money weren't an object, I might consider going since it's a short one. Cruises seem to be a "love it or hate it" thing among most people I know. Definitely do some research, I'm no expert. But be prepared for possible seasickness - better safe than sorry, I think.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:57 pm I'll second the disappointment - it's a great reunion thingy and all, but it's highly exclusive to people with money and free time. I'm sure there's more to come, as they said, but I wish they'd have dropped a little bit more than JUST the cruise thing right off the bat. If there's a new album coming, say so - doesn't have to have a release date, just "new album coming this winter!" or something like that. The cruise thing just feels like my high school days, where I was the poor kid and couldn't go with all my friends on their trips to football games or whatever. The cruise thing is cool but a very small amount of the global fanbase is going to be able to be part of it. Should have thrown some kind of bone to the rest of us.
Exactly. And Tim writing that they've been working on this for four years only adds insult to injury. WILD that he thinks that would soften people's negative reactions.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

chtimixeur wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:02 am Look at the current success of Limp Bizkit and Blink-182, who were at their creative peak during the same time as Creed (1999-2001).
The latter are bigger than ever and making a fortune in 2023. Just like Creed, it looked like they had major internal issues and that a reunion was impossible. Yet, they worked it out, became FRIENDS again instead of putting dust under the rug, and their current tour is a phenomenal success.
This could happen to Creed too if they were properly managed.
None of those aforementioned bands would have announced their big comeback on a cruise. I mean, it's almost a joke when you think about it. The is the kind of stuff Sugar Ray does. Not the mighty Creed!
Why not play fairs while they're at it?

If they go radio silent until after the cruise is over (so 9 months from now), this will be yet another missed opportunity. But after 15 years of bad management, I can't say I'm surprised by any of this.
I'm new to being in a band but you definitely don't have to be friends with your bandmates. Sometimes you shouldn't be. Part of the reason blink-182 flamed out originally is that Mark and Tom STARTED as friends. And then other things like money and creative control and too much time together inevitably got in the way of the friendship. They changed and grew in different directions and that's a recipe for hard feelings.

Respect, communication, grace, and professionalism is all that's required to be in a band. Tons of successful bands don't spend time with each other outside of making / playing music. And I highly doubt Mark and Tom hang out these days despite reuniting as musicians. Based on Tom's Instagram posts he's had other friends / an entourage with him on this recent tour. And that's fine! Probably healthier than forcing a friendship with Mark - or at least the kind they used to have.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So I have this friend who's been a life-long Creed fan and he's feeling extremely disappointed because he's got a huge fear of sharks, so he can't get on a boat.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm tired of this drama.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Wife and I are booked. Deck 9 balcony room and first 500 so we will get the picture with the band too I guess. The lineup isn't too bad, looking forward to seeing Dishwalla and Louise Post. Fuel and Tonic should be good too, the rest are just one hit wonders for me.

If anyone else here is going, I'll see you there!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Vaux wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:20 pm The lineup isn't too bad, looking forward to seeing Dishwalla and Louise Post. Fuel and Tonic should be good too, the rest are just one hit wonders for me.
This inspired me to check how many songs I've heard from each band.

Creed: 2 (Torn and With Arms Wide Open)
3 Doors Down: 2 (Kryptonite and Here Without You)
Buckcherry: 1 (Crazy Bitch)
Tonic: 1 (If You Could Only See)
Vertical Horizon: 0 (never even heard of them)
Fuel: 1 (Hemorrhage (In My Hands))
The Verve Pipe: 1 (The Freshman)
Tantric: 0 (but I do know one Days Of The New song that I don't remember the name of)
Dishwalla: 1 (long time ago, I don't remember the name)
Louise Post/Veruca Salt: 0
Nine Days: 1 (Absolutely (Story Of A Girl))

Welp, I guess I'm too young to remember any of these bands.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:02 am
Vaux wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:20 pm The lineup isn't too bad, looking forward to seeing Dishwalla and Louise Post. Fuel and Tonic should be good too, the rest are just one hit wonders for me.
This inspired me to check how many songs I've heard from each band.

Creed: 2 (Torn and With Arms Wide Open)
3 Doors Down: 2 (Kryptonite and Here Without You)
Buckcherry: 1 (Crazy Bitch)
Tonic: 1 (If You Could Only See)
Vertical Horizon: 0 (never even heard of them)
Fuel: 1 (Hemorrhage (In My Hands))
The Verve Pipe: 1 (The Freshman)
Tantric: 0 (but I do know one Days Of The New song that I don't remember the name of)
Dishwalla: 1 (long time ago, I don't remember the name)
Louise Post/Veruca Salt: 0
Nine Days: 1 (Absolutely (Story Of A Girl))

Welp, I guess I'm too young to remember any of these bands.
You've never heard Higher by Creed? Honestly impressed you've managed to avoid it. That was the riff that got me started on guitar.

Also, you must not be much of an album person.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MidnightToker wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 am You've never heard Higher by Creed? Honestly impressed you've managed to avoid it. That was the riff that got me started on guitar.

Also, you must not be much of an album person.
I could have heard it without knowing what song it was. Then again, I'm only 19, so much of the music that some of you may have grown up with was released before I was born.

As for supposedly not being an album person...I think I'm a little bit of both. I gravitate towards custom playlists with songs on shuffle. But I did recently do what I called a "Walkman Week", where I only listened to albums in order. During that week, I listened to the entire discographies of Volbeat and Alter Bridge, three Halestorm albums, four Tremonti albums, three Breaking Benjamin albums, and some more albums from my favorite bands. (I had already previously heard the entire discographies of Volbeat, Alter Bridge, Halestorm, Tremonti, and Metallica.) I really enjoyed it. My playlists are typically composed of about half of the songs from each album of my favorite bands, give or take. (Yeah, my playlists typically center on about ten bands at a time, with other songs from other bands sprinkled in.)

The reason I know only one or two songs by so many bands is sometimes because of radio, but more often because of local musicians. Of the bands that are playing the Summer Of '99 cruise, I know some of their songs because local bands in my area play them (Crazy Bitch, If You Could Only See, Hemorrhage (In My Hands), Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)).
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:19 pm But I did recently do what I called a "Walkman Week", where I only listened to albums in order.
It's great to hear that you spent some time experiencing the whole albums! At 35, I am definitely an old man compared to your generation. Listening to albums straight through is just my normal way of enjoying music.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MidnightToker wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:53 pm
maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:19 pm But I did recently do what I called a "Walkman Week", where I only listened to albums in order.
It's great to hear that you spent some time experiencing the whole albums! At 35, I am definitely an old man compared to your generation. Listening to albums straight through is just my normal way of enjoying music.
It's a great way to enjoy music. Another way I like to listen to music is full concert recordings. I love to see the way setlists flow (especially because I have to make them myself for our own shows).
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

So looks like the "secret album" Mark was teasing wasn't Creed 5.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 3685645315

"Who is ready for a little Christmas in July? With 5 months until Christmas we are excited to announce "Mark Tremonti Christmas Classics New & Old" - out October 27th, 2023!

Grab your exclusive copied of the record and merch today at:
https://linktr.ee/marktremonti

Christmas Classics New & Old:
1) The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
2) Jingle Bells
3) The Christmas Song
4) Christmas Morning
5) The First Noel
6) Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town
7) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
8) Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
9) O Holy Night
10) This Christmas

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

A Christmas album is something I would expect more from Stapp than Tremonti.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Sail…

Post by MaraCarr »

scarecrow wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:39 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:40 pm
scarecrow wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:16 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:12 pm I’ve never been on a Cruise
For your sake and all that money you'll be dropping - I hope you like it. For me personally, I was forced to go on two as a kid and I loathed them. Untold numbers of drunk people in cramped quarters. Cruises are definitely not for everybody.
Thanks for the warning. I will definitely make the best of it! 😃
You may love it!! I truly hope you do and if money weren't an object, I might consider going since it's a short one. Cruises seem to be a "love it or hate it" thing among most people I know. Definitely do some research, I'm no expert. But be prepared for possible seasickness - better safe than sorry, I think.
I got a cabin toward the middle just in case.

Good thing I signed up early!

It’s only Day 2 and it’s …Sold Out!!!! I think we gonna need a bigger boat! 😆

Incredible! It’s not even the end of day 2!!!!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Given the price of packages for the cruise, it made some financial sense to advertise the cruise first before any tour plans were announced. If some people had a G to drop on Creed, they might have chosen to travel to 3 or 4 shows instead of booking a cruise package. You can see why the cruise operator and the bands presumably chose to announce and sell the cruise first and without any competition from tour dates.

Now that all the cruise is sold out, hopefully the powers that be won’t keep all the rest of the fans hanging too long and and all those disappointed Creed fans can get their amphitheater dates released.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die