Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by VigilantSteve »

scarecrow wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:51 pm
Kreuger wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:10 pm Call me crazy but I think the hate Creed gets started long after the split. Or at least at any large level. So that shouldnt be a factor.
Nope. I was made fun of by a TEACHER in high school in front of an entire class for being such a vocal fan. This was around 2001. They became super 'uncool' as soon as Human Clay hit and snowballed into 'widely hated' pretty quickly. Some of that was their popularity. A lot of it was Stapp's voice, religious imagery in the lyrics, and his arguably overblown stage presence.
Absolutely. At the very latest, the Creed hate began around the massive success of With Arms Wide Open, and the constant radio play of that song and Higher. It all definitely began before the recording and release of the Weathered album, though it got progressively worse as well.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Kreuger wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:10 pm Call me crazy but I think the hate Creed gets started long after the split. Or at least at any large level. So that shouldnt be a factor.
Nope. I was made fun of by a TEACHER in high school in front of an entire class for being such a vocal fan. This was around 2001. They became super 'uncool' as soon as Human Clay hit and snowballed into 'widely hated' pretty quickly. Some of that was their popularity. A lot of it was Stapp's voice, religious imagery in the lyrics, and his arguably overblown stage presence.
Pretty much. As early as around Human Clay days, people thought the videos for Higher and With Arms Wide Open were cringy, also Stapp got some stick for his 2002 car accident. Not to mention the infamous shirtless photo.
I feel like the development of the internet, social media and memes definitely accelerated the hate but it started pretty early on.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Yikes, this thread is getting heated. Hope it doesn't get locked. I feel like I'm the only guy on this site who prefers Creed to Alter Bridge but also respects Creed being inactive. All talk of Mark and Stapp's dysfunction aside, let's do some comparisons.

Fuel had a similar writing chemistry to Creed between a singer and a guitarist, and the insistence for the band (brand?) to exist from the aforementioned individuals has bastardized it to such a degree that they have just as many mediocre albums as they do great albums and are no longer recognizable.

Linkin Park abandoned the sound that established them to get "experimental and grow" only to become a shell of what they used to be by the time thier lead singer tragically died.

Lana Del Rey has released album after album since 2015 when she got burned out, and while many people celebrate her new material, she's just been making the exact same record for 7 years now. Just boring mundane music that people will always eat up.

Nickelback follows a pattern so strategically that both of their new songs sound like a combination of four songs they've already made. They are so committed to doing the same thing that they have made zero artistic growth in their careers and may as well be exactly where they were in 2001.

Do you guys really want Creed to end up like this? Creed released three amazing albums that featured a steady but natural progression from record to record but that was completely halted. They had to start over with Full Circle and while I don't hate that album it is the absolute outlier in their discography.

Mark has come SO FAR since Creed broke up, and each of his albums in Alter Bridge and Tremonti feature the same steady but natural growth in sound from album to album. The only way he could write like he did from Creed's heyday would be to completely commit to and revisit his old style of songwriting which may be something he's not willing to do at this point in his career.

Pawns and Kings is my favorite Alter Bridge album since Fortress and my second favorite Alter Bridge album of all time. The Sinatra album is wonderful and supports a beautiful cause. All four members of Creed are on the same label. Stapp's in a great place and will release music when he wants to. The same goes for Mark with Creed. Let it happen naturally and that lost Creed album, and any feature material will sound as beautiful as My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered. There is no need for negativity when there is so much to celebrate with all four Creed members at this point.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Man fuck high school teachers. I went to an all boy Catholic school and my biology teacher called me a baby in front of the entire class cause I took a sheet of paper out of a notebook instead of a loose leaf one like she told us to.

Target team members get paid more than teachers and rightfully so (sort of kidding lol). Forget about Creed, your douchebag teacher will never be as accomplished as you are, both personally and professionally

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:15 pm Do you guys really want Creed to end up like this? Creed released three amazing albums that featured a steady but natural progression from record to record but that was completely halted. They had to start over with Full Circle and while I don't hate that album it is the absolute outlier in their discography.

Mark has come SO FAR since Creed broke up, and each of his albums in Alter Bridge and Tremonti feature the same steady but natural growth in sound from album to album. The only way he could write like he did from Creed's heyday would be to completely commit to and revisit his old style of songwriting which may be something he's not willing to do at this point in his career.

Pawns and Kings is my favorite Alter Bridge album since Fortress and my second favorite Alter Bridge album of all time. The Sinatra album is wonderful and supports a beautiful cause. All four members of Creed are on the same label. Stapp's in a great place and will release music when he wants to. The same goes for Mark with Creed. Let it happen naturally and that lost Creed album, and any feature material will sound as beautiful as My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered. There is no need for negativity when there is so much to celebrate with all four Creed members at this point.
All very well said!

I'd be one of the first to buy the album if it ever happens. But I'm also content with it never happening at all if it meant it would have to be forced and if any of the band member don't have their heart fully in it whenever it does happen.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:21 pm

Man fuck high school teachers. I went to an all boy Catholic school and my biology teacher called me a baby in front of the entire class cause I took a sheet of paper out of a notebook instead of a loose leaf one like she told us to.

Target team members get paid more than teachers and rightfully so (sort of kidding lol). Forget about Creed, your douchebag teacher will never be as accomplished as you are, both personally and professionally
He was a theology teacher who everyone thought was cool because liking Nirvana was his entire personality. The year I graduated he literally ran off with a student and became a pastor - which he is to this day lmao.

Had a lot of anger towards him and my education come back up after my dad died last year. I don't even care about being made fun of, it was the bile and hate and lies he drilled into me in his classes. Almost sent him an email but my therapist helped me talk myself out of it. <3

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:15 pmLana Del Rey has released album after album since 2015 when she got burned out, and while many people celebrate her new material, she's just been making the exact same record for 7 years now. Just boring mundane music that people will always eat up.
A friendly 'disagree' here. Despite my distaste for Jack Antonoff (her frequent collaborator now), I think "White Dress" is one of her best tracks. I love it so much. The albums have fallen off a bit though, yeah. "Born To Die" still my favorite by a mile.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I like some of the newer LInkin Park and Fuel stuff.

When it comes to linkin park, I think it’s more about just having good songs. If they make a new album with great songs it wouldn’t matter what the genre was (whether it’s nu metal or pop or whatever).

When it comes to the albums by Fuel and the movie franchises of Pirates/Caribbean and Bourne Identity:

The first 3 movies/albums were pretty good.

Albums/movies 4 and 5 were okay but kind of hit and miss.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

What kind of theology teacher doesn't like Creed? What a creep. I hate those types of people. Hollow spirituality. I always loved how Creed challenged those beliefs with songs like Unforgiven and Signs.

White Dress is literally the only song I like off that album lol I like 3 songs off Blue Banisters. If I were to compile all the songs I like that Lana's done since Lust for Life, it would probably be the same length as Paradise.

Yo, check out Lola Marsh. She's way more Lana than Lana these days and I love her music.

https://youtu.be/Vgx8AhlrwuI

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 pm What kind of theology teacher doesn't like Creed?
What kind of logic is that?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Timotheus wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:54 pm
Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 pm What kind of theology teacher doesn't like Creed?
What kind of logic is that?
Maybe because Creed's entire discography pertains heavily to theology? I can try and spell it out slower if you want

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Right. Every Christian song is good to Christians... Got it. Even the ones that aren't Christian but were made by Christians (even the ones that are making sex tapes).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Timotheus wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 pm Right. Every Christian song is good to Christians... Got it. Even the ones that aren't Christian but were made by Christians (even the ones that are making sex tapes).
Okay?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Timotheus wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 pm Right. Every Christian song is good to Christians... Got it. Even the ones that aren't Christian but were made by Christians (even the ones that are making sex tapes).
I appreciate the irony that in a thread where I literally said Target team members should be paid more than teachers you choose to take that at face value. Let me repeat myself since you tend to say the same things in these threads, if you love shitting on Stapp so much why do you bother commenting? Clearly his personal choices have bothered you so why surround yourself with Stapp fans?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Obviously that teacher was a dick and it sucks that he had to go through that. I apologize to Scarecrow if my comment was out of place.

I post on this board because I'm an Alter Bridge fan, not because I like to surround myself with Stapp fans. It's just that Stapp often say things on this AB forum that I don't always agree with. That one comment is an example of that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:21 am Obviously that teacher was a dick and it sucks that he had to go through that. I apologize to Scarecrow if my comment was out of place.

I post on this board because I'm an Alter Bridge fan, not because I like to surround myself with Stapp fans. It's just that Stapp often say things on this AB forum that I don't always agree with. That one comment is an example of that.
but you're actively coming in the creed subforums to talk shit about stapp lol. makes no sense. and making sex tapes is cool. if i was a rock star i would've doe it too. the only reason it got out was because someone broke into stapps house. stapps was living the life every other rock star was living. doesn't bother me. why do men care where other men put their dick? kinda gay tbh

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't actively come to the Creed sub section. I just check the active threads.

Cool that you've got that role model thing going on with Stapp. I personally have no issue with anybody's sex life. It's just about as genuine as Putin preaching peace or Cruella De Vil preaching animal rights.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:33 pm I don't actively come to the Creed sub section. I just check the active threads.

Cool that you've got that role model thing going on with Stapp. I personally have no issue with anybody's sex life. It's just about as genuine as Putin preaching peace or Cruella De Vil preaching animal rights.
i guess the world is a cartoon to you?

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

-------Although technically they arent hurting anybody (i think?) , sex tapes are weird.

I don't think Stapp at the time cared if a tape was made, but I know he also didn't deliberately set out to make one.

Im glad Stapp seems to be doing better now.

-------On a related note, Ive never really cared a whole lot about celebrities. Ive never really looked up to them as role models or anything. I mostly just saw them as ordinary people. That differs from a lot of other people but regardless, Ive always kind of felt that way.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Timotheus wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:21 am Obviously that teacher was a dick and it sucks that he had to go through that. I apologize to Scarecrow if my comment was out of place.

Oh Thank God you were able to share with us how offended you were that I made a joke about theology teachers liking Creed. Idk how we would have made it without insight. Especially since everyone in the thread was being before you showed up and screwed it all up again.

So are you some sort of fundamentalist Christian? It would explain why the theology comment upset you so and also why Stapp having consensual sex with a groupie is so traumatic to you. Just doesn't explain how you can be cool with Myles Kennedy's heathen lyrics about questioning God.

Go hit up Steve Stapp. You guys can talk about how evil sex is together