Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by anguyen92 »

Anywho, I think this is just the beginning. Like there is no way they aren't going to do a Summer amphitheater tour in 2024. Like fudge, I went a show in Irvine that had Matchbox Twenty and Matt Nathanson supporting (and I saw Matt Nathanson in a local venue a few months prior that had a few hundred people attended). They should be able to do similar numbers to that bill and have someone like Daughtry supporting. I would gladly go to a Creed with Daughtry tour in US amphitheaters next Summer if there is a show at the amphitheater in Irvine, California.

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm Anywho, I think this is just the beginning. Like there is no way they aren't going to do a Summer amphitheater tour in 2024. Like fudge, I went a show in Irvine that had Matchbox Twenty and Matt Nathanson supporting (and I saw Matt Nathanson in a local venue a few months prior that had a few hundred people attended). They should be able to do similar numbers to that bill and have someone like Daughtry supporting. I would gladly go to a Creed with Daughtry tour in US amphitheaters next Summer if there is a show at the amphitheater in Irvine, California.
First time I saw Creed was in '09 at Verizon Wireless in Irvine. Would be super cool to see them at FivePoint.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm Anywho, I think this is just the beginning.
I think what's frustrating people is that THE BAND doesn't seem to know if it is or not. If it's not, this is just a cash grab. :rolleyes If it is just the beginning, give us something more concrete than "maybe we'll do other stuff." Don't play coy.

They're free to do what they like, and maybe they genuinely have no idea what they're going to do moving forward, if anything. But what a bizarre starting point to announce a reunion. Perhaps fanboys don't make the best managers. Just a thought.

That Tim immediately started getting sooooo many questions from people - shouldn't that be enough to make you wonder if you could've handled this better? Maintaining a bit of mystery is one thing, but almost across-the-board question marks from the fanbase... not great!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I agree that the buildup and announcement was not handled well, but good PR and hype has never been a strong point of AB and most of the side projects.

But for all those disappointed that they only announced the cruise yesterday, relax. There's going to be a tour. Mark has always said as much.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

AB and all the other projects are all poorly managed, and their PR and videos are not at the level where they should be.
Creed used to properly managed and promoted: say what you want about Wind-up Records, but they knew how do to their job, and they were one of the reasons the band became so big back in the day. I'm sorry to see everything about this reunion is amateurish at best so far.

A Creed reunion after a 12 year hiatus should be a HUGE event in the rock world, just as it was in 2009. So far, it's clearly not the case, but there's still a lot of time to correct that misfire.

MrK2991
Brand New Start

Post by MrK2991 »

scarecrow wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:09 am
anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm Anywho, I think this is just the beginning.
I think what's frustrating people is that THE BAND doesn't seem to know if it is or not. If it's not, this is just a cash grab. :rolleyes If it is just the beginning, give us something more concrete than "maybe we'll do other stuff." Don't play coy.

They're free to do what they like, and maybe they genuinely have no idea what they're going to do moving forward, if anything. But what a bizarre starting point to announce a reunion. Perhaps fanboys don't make the best managers. Just a thought.

That Tim immediately started getting sooooo many questions from people - shouldn't that be enough to make you wonder if you could've handled this better? Maintaining a bit of mystery is one thing, but almost across-the-board question marks from the fanbase... not great!
I would think the cruise promoter would likely not want them to discuss further tour plans until the cruise is sold out. They are essentially trying to sell $1000+ concert tickets. Many who might buy would probably think twice if they knew for sure they could see Creed a couple months later for $50-100.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MrK2991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:17 pm I would think the cruise promoter would likely not want them to discuss further tour plans until the cruise is sold out. They are essentially trying to sell $1000+ concert tickets. Many who might buy would probably think twice if they knew for sure they could see Creed a couple months later for $50-100.
There you go! I never thought about that.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

MrK2991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:17 pm

I would think the cruise promoter would likely not want them to discuss further tour plans until the cruise is sold out. They are essentially trying to sell $1000+ concert tickets. Many who might buy would probably think twice if they knew for sure they could see Creed a couple months later for $50-100.
You're probably right on that point. But what scarecrow is saying is also right, a CRUISE being how they choose to reunite after 11 years is crazy.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Yeah, I said that already. I still think they botched this.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

So Creed's playing two sets back to back. Do bands usually do the same set twice on cruises? I'm having fun with my ideal dream sets if anyone wants to add some. Haha I did it for 16 songs, and each night has eight of their big hits just to keep it even. Provided there's no new music:

Night one would be
-Bullets
Overcome
Are You Ready?
Say I
A Thousand Faces
Faceless Man
Never Die
One Last Breath
Torn
Young Grow Old
Unforgiven
Stand Here with Me
Hide
What's This Life For
One
Who's Got My Back?

Night 2
-What If?
Ode
Freedom Fighter
Signs
My Own Prison
On My Sleeve
Suddenly
Beautiful
Sister
With Arms Wide Open
Full Circle
Riders on the Storm (or Bound and Tied)
Time
Inside Us All
My Sacrifice
Higher

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I know its probably gonna be centered on Human Clay. I put every song except Wash Away Those Years and Wrong Way

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

Exactly this, like many have pointed out, they won't go to the husstle to get al their agenda's lined up just for this cruise.
I expect a tour and maybe even new music :peace

I don't really get al the "dissapointment" around here, be happy what we get and have a little patience, jeez :facepalm

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:36 am Do bands usually do the same set twice on cruises?
It depends on the band. In 2020, Alter Bridge and Halestorm co-headlined Shiprocked. Alter Bridge played 13 songs each night they played. 10 songs were repeated, 3 songs were switched out for other ones. (The order also shuffled a little, if that matters. The second night was the only time they didn't open with Wouldn't You Rather on the tour.)

Halestorm went the exact opposite way. They played 12 songs each night they played, including the drum solo. Only 3 songs were played both nights, one of them being the drum solo. The other 9 were switched out, leaving the opportunity for many deep cuts and even songs they hadn't played in almost a decade.

Point made? Sometimes bands play similar or even the exact same setlists on cruises. Sometimes they play completely or almost completely different setlists. It's all up to the band and how flexible they are with switching songs.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

merces wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:10 am
I don't really get al the "dissapointment" around here, be happy what we get and have a little patience, jeez :facepalm
I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm a Creed fan from the UK who saw the teaser that was posted a few days back and thought... "Hmm, I wonder what this is gonna be". They said to "stay tuned" and on the website they said the reveal would be "huge". And it turns out to be a cruise that I have absolutely zero chance of getting on. I'm stunned if you can't understand why I would perhaps feel some "disappointment" about that. You can not be disappointed yourself and have a bit of empathy for others at the same time.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:05 am
I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm a Creed fan from the UK who saw the teaser that was posted a few days back and thought... "Hmm, I wonder what this is gonna be". They said to "stay tuned" and on the website they said the reveal would be "huge". And it turns out to be a cruise that I have absolutely zero chance of getting on. I'm stunned if you can't understand why I would perhaps feel some "disappointment" about that. You can not be disappointed yourself and have a bit of empathy for others at the same time.
Empathy is a strange, often misunderstood thing. Unfortunately, empathy sometimes needs to be hard-earned - and other times it never comes at all. I speak as someone who had a malignant narcissist as a father and I definitely had very little empathy for a long time. (Some of this was reflected, embarrassingly, on this board around the time the band released "Rise Today.")

So, many painful years later, I now have made great empathic strides - including having empathy for for anyone who struggles with empathy. If that makes any sense. :lol

Anyway, yay for therapy!! :bow

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

I'm from the Netherland, and I too won't be getting on any cruise soon, the point is that any 5 year old could guess this reunion isn't just a one off, this isnt just some charity event...

All the signs point to the fact that we will get more news about a tour of even new music....
  • They made promo pictures
    Tremonti telling in interviews that a reunion wouldn't be a single event
    The email anouncement said "We've got a lot more in store"
And I could go on and one, but I think we should be exited, and have a little patience!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

merces wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:06 pm
I'm from the Netherland, and I too won't be getting on any cruise soon, the point is that any 5 year old could guess this reunion isn't just a one off, this isnt just some charity event...

All the signs point to the fact that we will get more news about a tour of even new music....
And I could go on and one, but I think we should be exited, and have a little patience!
It's so cynical (and kind of sad) though, to withhold information about your plans just so you can fill up a cruise ship.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Sail…

Post by MaraCarr »

scarecrow wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:16 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:12 pm I’ve never been on a Cruise
For your sake and all that money you'll be dropping - I hope you like it. For me personally, I was forced to go on two as a kid and I loathed them. Untold numbers of drunk people in cramped quarters. Cruises are definitely not for everybody.
Thanks for the warning. I will definitely make the best of it! 😃

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

merces wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:06 pm

All due respect, merces, but you continue to miss the point. My disappointment was due to the fact that they teased something via social media, which is full of fans from all over the world, and it turned out to be a cruise setting sail from Florida. Of course I knew that it most likely wouldn't be a one and done thing, but it's still not a very classy way to reunite after all this time.

It could easily have been handled differently as well. The reveal could have just been an official announcement that the band were reuniting and that plans were afoot for shows and such. Then release the info/news about the cruise about a week later.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I'll second the disappointment - it's a great reunion thingy and all, but it's highly exclusive to people with money and free time. I'm sure there's more to come, as they said, but I wish they'd have dropped a little bit more than JUST the cruise thing right off the bat. If there's a new album coming, say so - doesn't have to have a release date, just "new album coming this winter!" or something like that. The cruise thing just feels like my high school days, where I was the poor kid and couldn't go with all my friends on their trips to football games or whatever. The cruise thing is cool but a very small amount of the global fanbase is going to be able to be part of it. Should have thrown some kind of bone to the rest of us.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.