Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

A place for all Creed discussion.
User avatar
maximzub
On The Rail
Posts: 1408
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:57 am
Location: Where women don't exist.

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by maximzub »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 am As for 2009 the rumour is he had a benign tumor in his throat. He got it removed but had no time to recover and just went out and started singing like the Volbeat guy lol
As a huge fan of Volbeat, I somehow had no idea that this happened. When was that?
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

User avatar
Devil Inside You
Isolated
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by Devil Inside You »

maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 am
Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 am As for 2009 the rumour is he had a benign tumor in his throat. He got it removed but had no time to recover and just went out and started singing like the Volbeat guy lol
As a huge fan of Volbeat, I somehow had no idea that this happened. When was that?
I'm exaggerating a little haha Its just Scott's 2009 voice always reminded me of Volbeat. Check out this chorus to this song. Vocally, its reminiscent of something like A Warrior's Call to me

https://youtu.be/0PoOEzE6r80?si=RxS7SBjapJMCWFU4

fudish123
Bought The CDs
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:43 am

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by fudish123 »

As we talk about Scott's voice and technique, The Charismatic Voice reacted to If These Walls Could Talk video

https://youtu.be/tAb79srerEI?si=vhaSO40kpzRqcWxE

nagpo
Burn It Down
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by nagpo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1ap94-h3g
dunno if this has been posted. if these walls could talk. he plays guitar

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:57 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1ap94-h3g
dunno if this has been posted. if these walls could talk. he plays guitar
Is this some kind of open tuning? Or is he just playing the bass notes? The guitar is too quiet so it nearly sounds like an acapella version. :D

fudish123
Bought The CDs
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:43 am

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by fudish123 »

nagpo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:57 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1ap94-h3g
dunno if this has been posted. if these walls could talk. he plays guitar
This is the first time since Crazy In Love that he played the guitar on a show

User avatar
maximzub
On The Rail
Posts: 1408
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:57 am
Location: Where women don't exist.

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by maximzub »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:18 pm
maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 am
Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 am As for 2009 the rumour is he had a benign tumor in his throat. He got it removed but had no time to recover and just went out and started singing like the Volbeat guy lol
As a huge fan of Volbeat, I somehow had no idea that this happened. When was that?
I'm exaggerating a little haha Its just Scott's 2009 voice always reminded me of Volbeat. Check out this chorus to this song. Vocally, its reminiscent of something like A Warrior's Call to me
Okay, I misunderstood you. I thought that you were saying that Michael Poulsen from Volbeat went out and started singing without fully recovering from his vocal surgery. From what I remember, he wasn't even able to talk for a while after his surgery. I agree that Scott's 2009 voice does sound like Michael's voice, albeit with less of a range. However, let's not forget that Michael's voice sounds that way because of his Danish accent.
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

fudish123
Bought The CDs
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:43 am

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by fudish123 »

After a lot of listening, I've finally come to terms with how I rank Stapp's albums now:

1) TSBTS - 8.3/10
2) TGD - 7.9/10
3) HP - 7.5/10
4) POL - 7.2/10

His best IMO is still The Space Between The Shadows and my least favorite is Proof of Life. And that's not counting the extra 2 songs version, otherwise it would drop below 7.

Higher Power sounds so loud and over the place thar when I switched to play TSBTS, my ears thanked me. Scott managed make a more consistent album, although it sounded meh in some choruses and the latter half in general. If anyone is interested, this is how I ranked every song in Higher Power:

Higher Power - 9
Deadman's Trigger - 7.5
When Love Is Not Enough - 7
What I deserve - 7
If These Walls Could Talk - 10
Black Butterfly - 6
Quicksand - 7
You're Not Alone - 7
Dancing In The Rain - 8
Weight Of The World - 6

nagpo
Burn It Down
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by nagpo »

I'm beginning to like this album more the more I listen to it. I think the latter half is maybe better than the first

Post Reply