On The Rail

Re: Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

Post by austin. »

Damn! Got my wish. Creed and Mammoth! Atlanta gonna be πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

austin. wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:14 pm Damn! Got my wish. Creed and Mammoth! Atlanta gonna be πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Just got 2 tickets for Atlanta myself!!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

paisleyfan wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:51 pm
austin. wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:14 pm Damn! Got my wish. Creed and Mammoth! Atlanta gonna be πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Just got 2 tickets for Atlanta myself!!
See you in the pit 🀘🏻🀘🏻🀘🏻🀘🏻🀘🏻

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

The fact that this tour is called the "Are you Ready?" tour makes me think there is no new record this year. Usually tours are named after new records to help push the new music. So this whole year is mostly a reunion tour(s) and next year will probably be the new record I think.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I will die on this hill until 12/31/2024 but they are likely going to release that 2012 album to capitalize off this years hype. Even with Stapp saying "there's no new music", it just wouldn't make sense not to.

Next year will be about Alter Bridge and I'm fairly sure Mark will do Tremonti project as soon as that's finished. If Creed doesn't put out an album this year it will be a long time before we get anything else.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:31 am I will die on this hill until 12/31/2024 but they are likely going to release that 2012 album to capitalize off this years hype. Even with Stapp saying "there's no new music", it just wouldn't make sense not to.

Next year will be about Alter Bridge and I'm fairly sure Mark will do Tremonti project as soon as that's finished. If Creed doesn't put out an album this year it will be a long time before we get anything else.
Next year will depend on how well Creed does this year imo

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

I think there might be a new Creed album or at least a couple of EP but Scott does not want to take away attention from his solo album. After he is done with his solo tour then we can expect to hear him talk about new Creed album.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Devil Inside You wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:31 am I will die on this hill until 12/31/2024 but they are likely going to release that 2012 album to capitalize off this years hype. Even with Stapp saying "there's no new music", it just wouldn't make sense not to.

Tremonti is recording a new Tremonti album right now I believe.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

You can't die on a hill until a certain date. You only die once.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I think if the creed tours go well, stapp and tremonti get along swimingly, and all the creativity is flowing, all parties will delay future plans for a creed 2025. Why? Creed is their most popular and profitable avenue. If you delay a creed record when all is going well for a solo record, you are perhaps willfully throwing an opprotunity of mass $$ and cultural relevance away as well. Like I said, if 24 goes amazing for creed, all parties will delay AB and solo material. They were going to do this in 2012 and even then the relationship between mark and stapp wasn't as good as it seems now.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

This is the comeback opportunity they've been hoping for since 2004.
All stars are currently aligned.
It won't happen again, so they'd better ride that wave now.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

maximzub wrote: ↑Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:29 am
You can't die on a hill until a certain date. You only die once.
Ah but what you don't know is I've been a jellyfish this whole time

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

https://x.com/LEGACYMotorClub/status/17 ... 89637?s=20

I'm continually amazed at how much press Creed is getting. One thing after another.

If they don't take advantage of all this exposure, that's on them.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Sure, the exposure is grand and the shows are selling well, but it all comes down to if they cannot repair the internal culture that ended the first two stints, the shelf life for this one may not last long. No amount of mainstream exposure or high-end arena shows can compensate if the vibes and culture are not fun for all the guys in the band.

That being said, I'm genuinely optimistic that everyone has their stuff in check and can laugh and enjoy being in a band together, and maybe create good stuff to move forward as a band, without issues. When the time comes for them to do other stuff, I think everyone isn't going to be upset about it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Yeah if they don't release a new record during this time when they're getting more press than in a long time, they're blowing it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Is it blowing it? Other bands their size have done big successful reunion tours without needing new material and quite frankly, I don't think casual fans are thinking "They need a new album to capitalize on it."

If they want to release an album because they got great song ideas they want to show to the world, great. They should do that. But having them come back and expect them to do all these things on a wishlist and then get mad if they don't fulfill that mental wishlist seems like setting people up for disappointment that's not needed for them to make.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:35 pm ^^ Is it blowing it? Other bands their size have done big successful reunion tours without needing new material and quite frankly, I don't think casual fans are thinking "They need a new album to capitalize on it."

If they want to release an album because they got great song ideas they want to show to the world, great. They should do that. But having them come back and expect them to do all these things on a wishlist and then get mad if they don't fulfill that mental wishlist seems like setting people up for disappointment that's not needed for them to make.
Coming back for only a tour is just to come back for $$$. Coming back to make to make music is to come back for art and adding to your legacy as a band. The former will come and go and be forgotten. New music is not - it's a true capitalization on this rare reunion. And why should anyone care about fair-weather fans? All the people that mocked Creed for the past 20+ years? I get it - they want creed for the nostalgia. But the real fans want new music.

They should appease both. Go on tour - check. Release new music. How hard would it be to finish the lyrics and vocals for More Than This?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

And I'm pretty sure stapp has said before he only sees the point in reuniting if it involved new music.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Based off what Stapp has said it seems like quality music is a priority regardless of whether its made or not. A good comparison would be how Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down reunited and toured but never made a new record. If the creative well is dry then best leave it be.

Its better for us to be left waiting for a new Creed album than for them to give us Full Circle II and we all complain about how much it doesn't feel like Creed.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

In retrospect, not releasing any new album was very smart for RATM and SOAD.
They're both legendary bands, and some average new music would have altered their legendary status.