Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

Post by nagpo »

Think about this:

They add Myles Kennedy to the opening card where he mostly plays Mayfield 4 songs for the sake of the 99 tour.But he also works in some modern solo material.

Later on when Creed plays, Myles comes out and they all start to play together. It's a duet between Myles and Stapp - an original song - the first Alter Creed song.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ That sounds like a neat idea. Can't they just do a cover of something like Hunger Strike instead over any possible future new material? Like any of that suggestion you state and my brain, (and I apologize for this, but that's how it's wired nowadays), goes, "Can we just have AB by itself? It's not the same to me no matter how one can mix it!"

Edit: Now that I had some time waiting in line for stuff thinking about this idea. Honestly, I would like it even better if, for whatever timing occurs and if both guys are interested, that Stapp and Myles somehow is able to write create songs together without Mark, Flip, or Brian.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Andy92 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:42 pm The technology for digital guitar sounds has come such a far way though. The old Line 6 Spider amps were pretty crap sounding, but compare that to their Helix unit today and the sound quality is unreal.
Tbh, I've never understood the hate for the Spider - I owned it in the past, learned how to play guitar on it, got decent beginner tones with it, it was cheap. Never tried the Helix but I can imagine what kind of difference it made.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dolo wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:02 pm
Andy92 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:42 pm The technology for digital guitar sounds has come such a far way though. The old Line 6 Spider amps were pretty crap sounding, but compare that to their Helix unit today and the sound quality is unreal.
Tbh, I've never understood the hate for the Spider - I owned it in the past, learned how to play guitar on it, got decent beginner tones with it, it was cheap. Never tried the Helix but I can imagine what kind of difference it made.
I think they were fine for practice amps. But I think they also sold a 100W head version and 4x12 cab in that lineup too, and hauling that unit around on stage didn’t end up with the best results lol

The smaller combos made for cool practice amps because they had enough effects built into them. I had a Roland Cube and it met that same purpose for me when I first started to play.

Over the years the sound quality has just progressed from “yeah that’s digital” to “I can’t tell that’s not a real amp.”
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

nagpo wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:24 am Think about this:

They add Myles Kennedy to the opening card where he mostly plays Mayfield 4 songs for the sake of the 99 tour.But he also works in some modern solo material.

Later on when Creed plays, Myles comes out and they all start to play together. It's a duet between Myles and Stapp - an original song - the first Alter Creed song.
Nah.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

my sister said she saw a commercial for the tour on television.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

MK and Stapp together in that awkward photo with Slash is the closest we're ever going to get to a collab between the two and I'm just fine with that. :)

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dolo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:53 am
scarecrow wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:32 pm
nagpo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:14 pmCreed is a one guitar band
excuse me?!?!?

You just made me spit my coffee out. Legendary stuff.
That performance suddenly popped into my brain and I couldn't *not* head to YouTube and screenshot it. (Even at the time as a diehard, painfully earnest Creed fan - I still felt secondhand embarrassment.)

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Just wanted to say that if there IS new music, the thing I desire most is more Mark harmony lines. Far and away my favorite song on Full Circle: A Thousand Faces. The interplay between Scott and Mark's vocals is just divine!!!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Out of curiosity, on the albums before Full Circle, did they have something like that along the lines of A Thousand Faces with Mark providing those kinds of backup vocals?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

My Own Prison? Ode to an extent?

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

We know at least one of the new songs has an outtro of Mark singing - the one we can't quite make out the words to.

My best guess on the lyrics

If you're with me, in the light?
This time we'll be revealed
Look to the sky and we shall go

On the road to nowhere and we're struggling
We can see this place
But we stay along anyway
Stranded in the .... ? open
We can see (this place) or (his face)
And the road might drag on a ways

2nd verse can't hear until

I dreamed of no one else
There is a way inside
If you're with me, in the light?

Chorus

Unshackle my pride?

Burn everything
Burn everything
Every memory

I'm walking down __ way

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:46 pm ^^ Out of curiosity, on the albums before Full Circle, did they have something like that along the lines of A Thousand Faces with Mark providing those kinds of backup vocals?
Not much. Both Is This The End and To Whom It May It May Concern (two of my favorite Creed songs, period - I would die to hear them in concert) have great harmony lines in their choruses. I think it's Mark in both cases but I'm not sure. Apart from My Own Prison, his Creed album track / live vocals were uncommon and tentative. He didn't have the immense confidence in his voice that he has these days.

I think that confidence opens up worlds of possibilities for new Creed material.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Doesn't Mark do all the backing vocals on Human Clay? They're very faint but there's very clearly another voice on Are You Ready, What If, With Arms Wide Open and Never Die.

EcstaticFanatic
Brand New Start

Post by EcstaticFanatic »

When I bought tickets for the Detroit show, I have expected there to be a ton of empty seats given the high prices. I just checked now and not only are most seats already sold out, the resale prices are way above what I would’ve expected.

Guess I’m not the only person out there who really wants to see Creed.

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

Looks like 12 shows are sold-out already. According to what they posted on Facebook yesterday.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:45 pm Doesn't Mark do all the backing vocals on Human Clay? They're very faint but there's very clearly another voice on Are You Ready, What If, With Arms Wide Open and Never Die.
You're probably right, I'll have to give it a headphone listen this week. But the really great Mark backing vocal songs (imo) were left off the album. :/

MrK2991
Brand New Start

Post by MrK2991 »

https://creed.com/products/creed-greate ... e-preorder

^This is amazing! The marketing and PR team are killing it right now! I’m shocked at how good the promotion has been for this reunion. I kinda got used to the less than stellar marketing for AB. The difference is night and day.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Omg that's amazing lol totally getting that for me as a Christmas gift

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MrK2991 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:25 pm https://creed.com/products/creed-greate ... e-preorder

^This is amazing! The marketing and PR team are killing it right now! I’m shocked at how good the promotion has been for this reunion. I kinda got used to the less than stellar marketing for AB. The difference is night and day.
Like is there really a difference? Ok, so they got the good PR on the backs of the Texas Rangers playoff run and that's cool. Now that Creed are back, and it is around Thanksgiving, they might have well have fun with the mention of that Thanksgiving halftime show and hey, that's a shirt they can sell. Cool. Not like the PR team can really stretch AB further marketing-wise to get into another tier of success. If anything, where AB are at state-side is pretty much the peak of their visibility is as high as it can be given that particular brand of music they play nowadays.

By the way, I actually watched this year's halftime Thanksgiving show during the Packers/Lions game and there had this rapper I had no clue who he is and the presentation looks meh in comparison to that Creed Thanksgiving show.