Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

A place for all Creed discussion.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:45 pm
MrK2991 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:25 pm https://creed.com/products/creed-greate ... e-preorder

^This is amazing! The marketing and PR team are killing it right now! I’m shocked at how good the promotion has been for this reunion. I kinda got used to the less than stellar marketing for AB. The difference is night and day.
Like is there really a difference? Ok, so they got the good PR on the backs of the Texas Rangers playoff run and that's cool. Now that Creed are back, and it is around Thanksgiving, they might have well have fun with the mention of that Thanksgiving halftime show and hey, that's a shirt they can sell. Cool. Not like the PR team can really stretch AB further marketing-wise to get into another tier of success. If anything, where AB are at state-side is pretty much the peak of their visibility is as high as it can be given that particular brand of music they play nowadays.

By the way, I actually watched this year's halftime Thanksgiving show during the Packers/Lions game and there had this rapper I had no clue who he is and the presentation looks meh in comparison to that Creed Thanksgiving show.

I don’t think it was a planned marketing thing. It just happened and that’s what makes it beautiful and amazing! You can’t plan all this! It’s well deserved and I believe the best is yet to come!

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Anyone know who Andrew Denzik is? Someone added him as a member to Creed's wikipedia page as a 5th member.

I'm assuming its a new touring guitarist but I'm shocked they wouldn't just go with E-Rock or Yiannis. Someone with reliable history

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

Devil Inside You wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:51 am Anyone know who Andrew Denzik is? Someone added him as a member to Creed's wikipedia page as a 5th member.

I'm assuming its a new touring guitarist but I'm shocked they wouldn't just go with E-Rock or Yiannis. Someone with reliable history
Maybe just someone screwing around on Wikipedia?

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Devil Inside You wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:51 am Anyone know who Andrew Denzik is? Someone added him as a member to Creed's wikipedia page as a 5th member.

No idea, someone is screwing around with the wiki page most likely.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

probably fake. ive never hear of this guitarist.

daysgoneby
Brand New Start

Post by daysgoneby »

Tremonti and Stapp talk about the upcoming reunion summer of '99 cruise tour on axs tv - Power Hour. I missed it Thursday night, but someone captured it and put it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/uhR2WAZAGt0

https://x.com/creed/status/173283272646 ... BzH30qMiTA

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

that's cool thanks for sharing.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Didn’t know where to post this but thought it was cool. Contestant on The Voice sang Higher during the season finale last night. More publicity heading into the tour.

anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

And he won. Man Creed should just name their tour Higher. Now higher is synonym with winning. Champion's song :peace

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Maybe they should just play nothing but Higher for the entire tour, if that's all people want to talk about. I get that it is the song that people recognize the most when they know about Creed, but there's some other cool songs they released that could get some mainstream recognition in the now. I would like it if some well-known superstar Youtuber guitarist would cover something like Torn or One Last Breath on guitar in the now.

This also goes back to something that's irrationally bothering me a bit when it comes to Creed. When people in more casual circles talk about Creed, joke about Creed, whatever, you always hear them talk about Stapp or Higher or, to some extent, My Sacrifice or With Arms Wide Open. Do these kinds of people ever talk about Mark, Flip, or Brian in good regards?
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:57 pm Maybe they should just play nothing but Higher for the entire tour, if that's all people want to talk about. I get that it is the song that people recognize the most when they know about Creed, but there's some other cool songs they released that could get some mainstream recognition in the now. I would like it if some well-known superstar Youtuber guitarist would cover something like Torn or My Last Breath on guitar in the now.

This also goes back to something that's irrationally bothering me a bit when it comes to Creed. When people in more casual circles talk about Creed, joke about Creed, whatever, you always hear them talk about Stapp or Higher or, to some extent, My Sacrifice or With Arms Wide Open. Do these kinds of people ever talk about Mark, Flip, or Brian in good regards?
I don't think you understand. For better or for worse, Scott Stapp is Creed. His vocals and persona defined the band during their highest point. When it comes to modern music people pay more attention to the singers than the writers or the band members. The casual listener listening doesn't think "who wrote this catchy guitar part?", they think "I wanna sing like this guy!". It's like that for every band. And It's actually pretty rare that all of AB's members go treated so equally when throughout history of rock bands the singer and the guitarist are the number 1 attention getters. Let's not forget that Brian and flip are not credited for writing any Creed song - lyrics or music. So naturally they wouldn't get as much attention.

But don't get it mixed, I think they are integral to the band and don't want them to ever leave. Im just giving you the perspective from the people you're talking about

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:58 pm Didn’t know where to post this but thought it was cool. Contestant on The Voice sang Higher during the season finale last night. More publicity heading into the tour.

My sister showed me this yesterday. This is a terrible cover on all fronts. Worse than Daughtry's cover of What If on American Idol years ago

Devil Inside You
Isolated

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:57 pm Maybe they should just play nothing but Higher for the entire tour, if that's all people want to talk about. I get that it is the song that people recognize the most when they know about Creed, but there's some other cool songs they released that could get some mainstream recognition in the now. I would like it if some well-known superstar Youtuber guitarist would cover something like Torn or My Last Breath on guitar in the now.

I think there's a lot to this and its a complicated topic. In all fairness Mark, Flip and Brian have worked very hard to establish their identities outside of Creed. Mark in particular. For better or worse, Stapp is what people think of when Creed comes up. Its the same reason people constantly hype Alter Bridge as "Creed done right" because Stapp isn't involved.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Understood. I don't know. As I said before, it's just something that irrationally irks me at times, especially when people joke about Creed and I take those comments as an insult to Mark, Flip, and Brian as musicians. For the record, there should be no doubts that those guys worked just as hard and proper in getting everything they want right, musically, in all of those Creed songs and albums just as much as they put the effort in an AB album or other projects they do and, sometimes, it's frustrating when that recognition is not as shown as much as it could in casual circles.

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

nagpo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:24 pm
Andy92 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:58 pm Didn’t know where to post this but thought it was cool. Contestant on The Voice sang Higher during the season finale last night. More publicity heading into the tour.

My sister showed me this yesterday. This is a terrible cover on all fronts. Worse than Daughtry's cover of What If on American Idol years ago
Yeah, it was cool to see, but it's an awful cover. At least it's more positive Creed in media.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:46 pm Understood. I don't know. As I said before, it's just something that irrationally irks me at times, especially when people joke about Creed and I take those comments as an insult to Mark, Flip, and Brian as musicians. For the record, there should be no doubts that those guys worked just as hard and proper in getting everything they want right, musically, in all of those Creed songs and albums just as much as they put the effort in an AB album or other projects they do and, sometimes, it's frustrating when that recognition is not as shown as much as it could in casual circles.
Completely agree, but the tide is finally turning for Creed. The band is being hyped A LOT by all sorts of people and many realize how overly harsh they were on the band. Aside from Creed, I'm a huge Stone Temple Pilots fan and I remember how frustrating it was the way people would just right them off as some cheap Grunge ripoff band because they weren't from Seattle. Its the same thing with Creed. Though Creed's albums aren't as experimental as STP's, My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered have amazing songwriting. Even the big singles are genuinely good songs in spite of how much people want to say otherwise.

As far as Mark, Flip and Brian are concerned, that's a topic we can discuss all day. Its clear the attention Stapp recieved (both positive and negative) was a major point of tension for the guys back in the day. Mark even once said that it lowkey bothered him how nobody knew how much he contributed lyrically to What's This Life For. Alter Bridge and Creed are different bands stylistically but if the boys don't get as much recognition for their work in Creed its probably because Creed is just not as technical of a band. Alter Bridge communicates (primarily) through extravagent musicianship and Creed's strengths is in compelling songwriting and storytelling. There is overlap between the two obviously, but I think that's why Creed's musicianship doesn't get the recognition it so deserves.

No disrespect to anyone's tastes but there are some AWFUL Post Grunge albums from that era that don't hold up at all because there is barely any effort put into them. Creed always stood more alongside bands like STP and Days of the New to me than Buckcherry and Hinder.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Another tour has been announced in November and December. 3 Doors Down will be main supporting most of these, but Mammoth WVH and Finger Eleven will there for some of these.

https://loudwire.com/creed-2024-tour-da ... mmoth-wvh/

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:04 pm Another tour has been announced in November and December. 3 Doors Down will be main supporting most of these, but Mammoth WVH and Finger Eleven will there for some of these.

https://loudwire.com/creed-2024-tour-da ... mmoth-wvh/
And here I thought that that part of the year was going to be for Tremonti. Nope, it looks like we'll have to wait until 2025.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MrK2991
Brand New Start

Post by MrK2991 »

Looks like a full fledged arena tour too! Excited to see them playing those size venues!