Projected - Live

Flip's new side project with Erock, and John & Vince from Sevendust.
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Projected - Live

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I don't know where to find any information on this, but is Projected set to do any touring soon?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Projected - Live

Post by Andy92 »

Haven't heard any news regarding live shows yet. I think John had thrown around January-February 2013 as a potential time to do some shows, but nothing's been set in stone.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

They mentioned the idea of doing shows with Tremonti, but no plans were ever even loosely mentioned, let alone confirmed.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They asked yesterday on their Facebook page what bands people would like to see them play with. Saw a lot of people in favor of Tremonti, Eye Empire, Call Me No One, etc...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Watched some of Projected live videos from the Johnny Jam on Youtube, they sounded great.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ditto - I watched some last night. Not bad! I was glad to hear a few people in the audience singing along as well.

Must be so weird for Flip to play with musicians other than Mark and Brian. I imagine it's tough not having the normal visual queues from your regular bandmates. He held it together nicely though.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

abw1987 wrote:Must be so weird for Flip to play with musicians other than Mark and Brian. I imagine it's tough not having the normal visual queues from your regular bandmates. He held it together nicely though.
I think it's funny that we think of our boys in this way. Some people get so stressed about the guys doing multiple side projects but honestly it's really minuscule compared to what a lot of other rock musicians do. I mean look at Dave Grohl. Was the drummer in Nirvana, created Foo Fighters, has been doing that for 15+ years, while also performing in Probot, Queens of the Stone Age, and directing Sound City, collaborating with multiple different musicians in the process.

"I don't want Myles to perform in Slash AND Alter Bridge!!" :shifty

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Must be so weird for Flip to play with musicians other than Mark and Brian. I imagine it's tough not having the normal visual queues from your regular bandmates. He held it together nicely though.
I think it's funny that we think of our boys in this way. Some people get so stressed about the guys doing multiple side projects but honestly it's really minuscule compared to what a lot of other rock musicians do. I mean look at Dave Grohl. Was the drummer in Nirvana, created Foo Fighters, has been doing that for 15+ years, while also performing in Probot, Queens of the Stone Age, and directing Sound City, collaborating with multiple different musicians in the process.
Don't forget Them Crooked Vultures ;) definitely one of his best projects
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Timotheus wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
Very true!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
Very true!
Dave, also, did the drum tracks for all of the Tenacious D albums.

On topic. Yeah, someone in a post mentioned that unless someone wants to do double-duty, Projected cannot tour unless AB, Creed, Tremonti, and Sevendust are not touring. Pretty tough for Projected to try to make it as a touring band in those circumstances.