Tremonti Guitar Clinics on AB Tour - Spring 2014

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TTournier
White Knuckled

Tremonti Guitar Clinics on AB Tour - Spring 2014

Post by TTournier »

Hey Guys,

just wanted to make sure everyone knew Mark is doing lessons at AB gigs on this US run.

Its only at AB headlining shows - :)

I didn't see it posted anyplace yet.

http://store.fret12.com/Guitar-Session- ... -s/136.htm

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Tremonti Guitar Clinics on the AB Tour

Post by AllC392Was »

Yep I signed up along with the VIP pass in ATL

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

wish there were some SoCal dates so i could go to one...and a show :) :(
Photobucket cash grab.

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

I'd be in if they swing through Utah...heck, I'd even be tempted to do a road trip to Denver.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Re: Tremonti Guitar Clinics on AB Tour - Spring 2014

Post by DeadCell »

This is a cool opportunity but between tickets, fast passes, VIP passes, and now a guitar lesson..... AB is trying to nickel and dime us to death.

I'm already in the $390-ish range for two tickets and two VIP passes for this thing. No way in hell I can spend another $200.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

DeadCell wrote:This is a cool opportunity but between tickets, fast passes, VIP passes, and now a guitar lesson..... AB is trying to nickel and dime us to death.

I'm already in the $390-ish range for two tickets and two VIP passes for this thing. No way in hell I can spend another $200.
:lol no one's forcing you to get all that stuff.

I'd be in the same boat though. Except then I remember, I only do it with AB, no other bands. :)
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Each lesson only has what, 10 people at it? It's not like it's meant for everyone to attend.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

NYCAB
Brand New Start

Post by NYCAB »

DeadCell wrote:This is a cool opportunity but between tickets, fast passes, VIP passes, and now a guitar lesson..... AB is trying to nickel and dime us to death.

Yes, AB forcing you to do that is ridiculous!!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I wonder how awful one can be at guitar and still do this?

Nevertheless, this is a really cool opportunity and a pretty unique thing. I've never heard of a guitarist doing something like this as part of a tour before. Very cool.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

gbruin wrote:I wonder how awful one can be at guitar and still do this?

Nevertheless, this is a really cool opportunity and a pretty unique thing. I've never heard of a guitarist doing something like this as part of a tour before. Very cool.
I think Steve Vai did it once on a tour in about 2005-2006, there was 10 dates where 10 people paid $999 and got a Ibanez Jem (Non Japanese one), ticket for the show and a 90 minute group lesson with Steve. All of the shows he did it at were sold out.

The thing is with this lesson thing that Mark is doing is that it could have been in conjunction with Morley, T-Rex or PRS and give the fans something at the same time. But i better not give any more ideas, as they may be used at a later date.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

This whole thing came to be because I was talking with Mark about all of the people who email and ask for guitar lessons.

After a lot of planing we came up with a lesson plan and wanted a Max of 10 people per date to keep it special for the student.
An hour guitar lesson, sound & Story dvd, Q&A with Mark, Rig Tour where you can see all of his gear up close and hold one of his guitars and a photo with Mark for $200. I for one think that its a great deal… the man is a Grammy awarding winning guitar master.

I could have gone to one of his manufacturers and sold it for $1,500 - $3,000 each like some other guys have but then thats going for a pay day - thats not what we are doing as i think thats super lame…. We want to do something special for a low price point.

can't get much more then that if your a guitarist. :)
Last edited by TTournier on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's a pretty fair price based on what it is offered. I say it's even a better deal than when my household had to pay $80 a month for piano lessons. Yes, the same lessons where the teacher called me that name that I am known now.

Heck, if the package comes with the Sound & Story DVD, that's $40 bucks of value right there.

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

Fantastic value the Fret12 guys know how to come up with great ideas so hope he does this on uk tour dates next time :)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That's awesome, Tim. Can you say much about what the lesson plan is like or what level he is teaching to? Do we need to be pretty fast with a lot of technical chops to make it worthwhile?

Either way, this is such a great opportunity for a lot of fans.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

gbruin wrote:That's awesome, Tim. Can you say much about what the lesson plan is like or what level he is teaching to? Do we need to be pretty fast with a lot of technical chops to make it worthwhile?

Either way, this is such a great opportunity for a lot of fans.
Also wondering this. Just wanna know how much I have to practice this coming month! Will it be scales and exercises or songs or a bit of both?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

This is my dream, to see the rig up close and get a lesson from my idol. I wish i could do this :( Really cool of you guys to have something like this for the fans.
Thanks Timo!

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

well its always good to practice - Its a nice blend of Marks signature moves. so its a look inside his mind when playing and how we pulls off the stuff he can pull off.

how to be a bad ass 101.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I would kill to know that stuff! I would probably ask him how to dial in a good tone.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I found a retweet from Mark. You guys are offering Bass Lessons with Brian as well? As for the AB DVD that is included in the package, is an option the Milan DVD?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

anguyen92 wrote:I found a retweet from Mark. You guys are offering Bass Lessons with Brian as well? As for the AB DVD that is included in the package, is an option the Milan DVD?

I would say no because this is about Mark and learning guitar. Also, because Fret12 is a separate company than DC3/TCDGroup. Just my guess though.
Photobucket cash grab.