ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I understand what you're saying, I was just thinking that they must be aware of our disappointment

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

A petition to demonstrate everyone's disappointment may be useful, but I don't think a petition demanding the band to work with someone else will do us much favours. Although I guess it's not much of a petition unless we're demanding something.

I imagine the band themselves have very little knowledge of our disappointment. If they did, I'd like to think they would personally kick up a bit of a fuss.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Im sure the band notices something, we were supposed to get these things around January, its nearly July. DC3 can make a good product, but is never consistent with getting shit done for this band. I wish the guys would do something about it, because working with this company has done them no good...
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

There was an interview not too long ago with Mark and Flip from one of the festival shows I think. The guy asked them when Milan was coming out and they were pretty much like "we have no idea" lol. And the interviewer seemed to talk about the box set as if it had already come out in January, and Mark and Flip basically said "it has a good amount of stuff in it and a nice book package" but didn't go into much detail. My memory is kinda vague on what they actually said, but I do remember an interview with that stuff in it recently.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

The band only cares about the albums and it is hardly them to blame for that. They only are in charge for albums anyway.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I tend to agree, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad they pour their efforts into albums because that's what will last forever. If AB was the only band I'd probably expect to see them handle more things with single promos, videos, and DVDs, but at this point they're mainly in this to record and play music. I can't blame them for it.

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

Wish Marks company Fret12 would handle stuff for the band deliver on time as promised great communication and freebies thrown in. great quality items .

AndrewW500
Brand New Start

Post by AndrewW500 »

Has anyone tried asking the band if they are aware of the whole situation on Twitter or anything? I'm pretty certain that they have no idea about the mess that the box set is currently in. I agree that I would love to see Fret 12 handling this stuff in the future if possible. Have had nothing but great service from them.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I don't even want mine anymore, seriously I'm not even looking forward to it anymore. Anybody want mine?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:I don't even want mine anymore, seriously I'm not even looking forward to it anymore. Anybody want mine?
You selling it or giving it away? :lol

You can message DC3 for a refund if you don't want it anymore and want your money back.

I call dibs if you're giving it away...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Why do I read this thread anymore? It's depressing.

Does anybody actually have an idea when the box will ship? Not for my sake since I didn't even buy one, but for the sake of the band. I'm hoping the delay doesn't hurt business for the band.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Hey Andy

To be completely honest that is how I feel, I'm not even looking forward to getting this thing anymore there's like absolutely zero excitement. I've probably been one of the few people that have at least for the most part remained quiet about the whole situation only voicing my opinion here and there as opposed to a constant bitching and moaning. In the beginning I was pissed off about the delays and the fact that we weren't going to get the box in January, when I actually finished paying for the thing my tune changed a little bit because I felt like the pressure was off and I was no longer strapped for cash and I was just going to sit back and wait for it to get here.

But now here we are at the end of June and once again we've heard so many different things that it just made me stop and think for a minute and realize that the excitement that I had at the beginning of all of this is pretty much nonexistent now. I was actually reading something the other day from a few months ago when we were told that the studio albums were not going to be included in the box set, now personally I think that makes a lot of sense since 90% of the people that are buying this damn thing are already hard-core fans of the band I mean you would have to be in order to drop $250. Anyway the point is that yeah I realize the thing is rare but at this point I'm not looking forward to it at all anymore because all the delays have just sucked any excitement right out of it for me and on top of that I have almost everything that's going to be included in this box set between bootlegs studio albums documentaries so on and so forth so if I ended up actually keeping my order I'll probably just never open it. I guess I'm just having one of those days

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Therefromthestart04 wrote:Wish Marks company Fret12 would handle stuff for the band deliver on time as promised great communication and freebies thrown in. great quality items .
:yeahthat

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Hey Andy

To be completely honest that is how I feel, I'm not even looking forward to getting this thing anymore there's like absolutely zero excitement. I've probably been one of the few people that have at least for the most part remained quiet about the whole situation only voicing my opinion here and there as opposed to a constant bitching and moaning. In the beginning I was pissed off about the delays and the fact that we weren't going to get the box in January, when I actually finished paying for the thing my tune changed a little bit because I felt like the pressure was off and I was no longer strapped for cash and I was just going to sit back and wait for it to get here.

But now here we are at the end of June and once again we've heard so many different things that it just made me stop and think for a minute and realize that the excitement that I had at the beginning of all of this is pretty much nonexistent now. I was actually reading something the other day from a few months ago when we were told that the studio albums were not going to be included in the box set, now personally I think that makes a lot of sense since 90% of the people that are buying this damn thing are already hard-core fans of the band I mean you would have to be in order to drop $250. Anyway the point is that yeah I realize the thing is rare but at this point I'm not looking forward to it at all anymore because all the delays have just sucked any excitement right out of it for me and on top of that I have almost everything that's going to be included in this box set between bootlegs studio albums documentaries so on and so forth so if I ended up actually keeping my order I'll probably just never open it. I guess I'm just having one of those days
It's completely understandable. If I dropped $250 I probably would've gotten a refund by now. I said the day the contents were announced that there weren't enough rare items to warrant $250.

But with that being said, I genuinely believe it's close to being ready. The only thing they need are the books, and the binding company is making them daily as I type this. So if the contents are worth it to you, might as well stick it out. For my tastes I don't buy things that aren't albums or live shows. I don't get into interviews and documentaries. I've never watched the 2nd Wembley disc with the doc, and it's sitting right on my shelf.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Ummm what? The studio albums ARE in the box set.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah they are. I think there was a rumor a while ago there they were removing those to add different discs, but they didn't do that.

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

Is there a definitive list of what is in the box that hasn't already been released, other than Wembley 3D and Milan? Can we cancel and get a refund?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Page 1 of this thread lists all the contents of the box. The 2 extras are the 2 you named. And yes you can get a refund if you contact DC3/TCD.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I can wait the 3-6 months for them to get to YouTube.

Post by zazthespaz »

Reading over that list makes me reconsider this purchase. I thought there'd be more vinyls. Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't ask for a refund? There's no way in gonna watch all those interviews.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's up to you. But besides the two interview DVDs, the Europe Tour 2013 Doc & show footage DVD, and vinyls (of shows we already have), I don't see what's new unless they added more 2013-2014 footage I'm not aware of. Oh and there's that coffee table book. I'd pay about $50 to get that stuff. The other $200 worth of material is released or on YouTube.

That's the reason I didn't order back in October regardless of the delays.