ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Andy92 wrote:It's up to you. But besides the two interview DVDs, the Europe Tour 2013 Doc & show footage DVD, and vinyls (of shows we already have), I don't see what's new unless they added more 2013-2014 footage I'm not aware of. Oh and there's that coffee table book. I'd pay about $50 to get that stuff. The other $200 worth of material is released or on YouTube.

That's the reason I didn't order back in October regardless of the delays.
It sounds like you completely get how I'm feeling about this. Let me ask you your opinion, I know that you've already said that you didn't preorder it in October so really I guess my question is already answered but if you were in my situation what would you do?

It's like I'm torn, I feel like I would like a piece of rarity from the band but then at the same time it doesn't feel all that rare anymore. So would you just throw up your hands and say that's it? I did finally receive my poster but at this point I feel like if I get a refund he can keep $30 being as the poster is the only thing I've actually received

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Funny guys.

Why rant?

Not happy - grab the money back.

Want the Box - keep waiting.

Simple as that.

I never demanded any feedback, I never was over-excited for the thing. I could afford it - so I got it. If I could not have afforded it - I would not have gotten it.

SIMPLE.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Who cares when it is shipped?
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Some of us just have differing opinions, I don't think I was ranting I was just voicing my opinion. I don't want to get into a big heated discussion over this, this thread is full of enough of that. I will simply say this, the preorder took place in October 2013, at that time we were given a tentative release date of January 2014. Weather delays were understandable but we are now at the end of June, 6 months later and it seems like nothing has changed all we know is that things are allegedly real close to being shipped. I think it's completely reasonable to have paid for something in October and when you still don't have it nine months later to have a few doubts.

I had the means to be able to purchase this and so I did. At the same time I feel like I gave away $250 at this point because I have nothing to show for it with the exception of a poster signed by the band.

I guess I should've really PM'd that question to Andy to avoid those type of posts

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

GazEd wrote:...
This is supposed to be a product for the die-hard AB fans. Fans of the band that deserve to be treated with a high amount of respect and gratitude, because they're the ones that come to all the shows, buy all the CDs/DVD's/extra stuff and do all the online hyping via polls, websites etc..

From the beginning it was clear that this was not going to be the case. Just look at the artwork and tell me this product is something Dan put 100% of his effort into. Then there's the content that's not impressive (see Andy's post), false promoting, the constant delays and the way Dan talks to us. That doesn't feel like respect and gratitude to me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Timotheus wrote:
GazEd wrote:...
This is supposed to be a product for the die-hard AB fans. Fans of the band that deserve to be treated with a high amount of respect and gratitude, because they're the ones that come to all the shows, buy all the CDs/DVD's/extra stuff and do all the online hyping via polls, websites etc..

From the beginning it was clear that this was not going to be the case. Just look at the artwork and tell me this product is something Dan put 100% of his effort into. Then there's the content that's not impressive (see Andy's post), false promoting, the constant delays and the way Dan talks to us. That doesn't feel like respect and gratitude to me.
Thank you Tim

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I'm not sure if you can really ask 'who cares when it is shipped?' when probably over half of this 57 page thread is just people complaining about when the box is shipped :lol

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

Andy92 wrote:Page 1 of this thread lists all the contents of the box. The 2 extras are the 2 you named. And yes you can get a refund if you contact DC3/TCD.
I guess I was hoping there were at least rumors of other stuff in there. At one point, they were including b-sides and other "surprises." I seem to recall this being the talk around the time of the preorders. Like others have said, I already own everything they've released, and I have more than one copy of several things. Heck, putting all of the extra video stuff on Blurays rather than DVDs would at least be something we can't get elsewhere. Absent anything significant they haven't announced, this seems to have changed from something truly aimed at diehards like most people on this board.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

They tried to get the b-sides on there, but the labels wouldn't give them up. The band needs to re-record them to release them and we all know that's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon.
Photobucket cash grab.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

The B sides were always up in the air, what was said at the beginning of this whole thing was that there was the hope of them being able to be included, and I understood that the time of the purchase. You are correct about them having said that there was going to be surprises in there. That's what we haven't heard anything about and quite honestly that's what leaves me skeptical. I think I'm going to end up making a decision today whether or not want to continue waiting for this thing or just get my money back. I want to support this band, I'd feel better going to a show meeting them before or after and handing them $250

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

GazEd wrote:Funny guys.

Why rant?

Not happy - grab the money back.

Want the Box - keep waiting.

Simple as that.

I never demanded any feedback, I never was over-excited for the thing. I could afford it - so I got it. If I could not have afforded it - I would not have gotten it.

SIMPLE.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

But its not that "simple", because we want our box set shipped, we payed 250 for it, and January was a long time ago.

No im not going to ask for a refund because that would make all this waiting worth nothing.
Thanks Timo!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I was also drunk when he said that so I got easily hyped

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:They tried to get the b-sides on there, but the labels wouldn't give them up. The band needs to re-record them to release them and we all know that's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon.
I think that's why I bought the box. Dan said they were recording acoustic in a warehouse and it sounded like he was 90% sure they'd be included. Now they're definitely not and I am no longer looking forward to anything in the box.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

zazthespaz wrote:
Ryan wrote:They tried to get the b-sides on there, but the labels wouldn't give them up. The band needs to re-record them to release them and we all know that's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon.
I think that's why I bought the box. Dan said they were recording acoustic in a warehouse and it sounded like he was 90% sure they'd be included. Now they're definitely not and I am no longer looking forward to anything in the box.
This made me sad. It would have been awesome if they did get to do this.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:
Andy92 wrote:It's up to you. But besides the two interview DVDs, the Europe Tour 2013 Doc & show footage DVD, and vinyls (of shows we already have), I don't see what's new unless they added more 2013-2014 footage I'm not aware of. Oh and there's that coffee table book. I'd pay about $50 to get that stuff. The other $200 worth of material is released or on YouTube.

That's the reason I didn't order back in October regardless of the delays.
It sounds like you completely get how I'm feeling about this. Let me ask you your opinion, I know that you've already said that you didn't preorder it in October so really I guess my question is already answered but if you were in my situation what would you do?

It's like I'm torn, I feel like I would like a piece of rarity from the band but then at the same time it doesn't feel all that rare anymore. So would you just throw up your hands and say that's it? I did finally receive my poster but at this point I feel like if I get a refund he can keep $30 being as the poster is the only thing I've actually received
Well, if I already had paid the money and wasn't strapped for cash, I'd probably stick it out at this point if it was me. But I can't say that for certain since I didn't care for the contents enough to order one in the first place. Lol

$250 doesn't come easy for me. If I actually bought one I'd be sending emails/messages as much as anyone. I ordered a $30 guitar strap from Sweetwater and got better service than this. The guy called me personally to tell me he was boxing my order, and he called me again a couple weeks after I bought it to ask if I was satisfied with the product.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, I'd love it if Dan called me personally.. He seems like a funny dude.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol well I didn't really mean that to say there should be personal phone calls, just better treatment considering the price. Dan seems like a really nice guy, but if people nag about his product he'll tend to make some condescending remarks. Whether or not the remarks are warranted are beside the point, it just comes off as somewhat unprofessional. And I'm not even saying he's a bad guy at all...I just don't think he always handles certain situations in the best ways. Maybe it's just his personality though because I have some friends that are kinda like that too.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Shht Andy! This is not Blabbermouth!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

:lol

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

austinjhnsn wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
This made me sad. It would have been awesome if they did get to do this.
They weren't able to the day he wanted to film it cause the band went out with wives and friends instead, which is fine, so then he wanted to do it in Rio, but that leg of the tour was cancelled by the promoters down there.
Photobucket cash grab.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

anybody have one of these yet? I wonder what they look like

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: ...

Post by Timotheus »

Ryan wrote:They weren't able to the day he wanted to film it cause the band went out with wives and friends instead
This excuse still makes me laugh..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.