Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

Post by gobaloon »

just had this delivered today - crap I am so shit on guitar,,,lol..but this will make me better

Great dvd--great quality and packaging--i do need to wear my glasses to read the book-font a bit small for me --but heyho I am startrting to wear glasses to read anything.

The fortress documentary was a bonus and the outtakes a good bit of AB humour.

Happy AB'er all round.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

fix wrote:Your welcome Tim! :) How are things going with the digital story of Fortress?
This.

I really want to pick this thing up but I can't at the moment since my notebook doesn't have a DVD drive, nor do I plan on purchasing an external drive at the moment.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I just ordered this to ease my wounds from the USA match.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

The quality of Fret12 is too fucking good, maybe they can work with AB in future Live DVD's, please, no mor DC3

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

practicing CoA...Myles is a goofy f'er---funny

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Is this still planned on being released as a digital copy at some point?

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

SchwiizVT12 wrote:Is this still planned on being released as a digital copy at some point?
Yes. Got a message from Tim saying they are still working hard on making this happen. Some legal publishing issues were overcome recently which is what was taking so long, so it's still happening!

erv
Bought The CDs

Post by erv »

I'm buying the digital version asap. I don't really have any other option as I don't have a player in the first place.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

What impresses me most about this DVD is the quality. I swear, you'd think you were watching a Blu-Ray. Crystal clear picture, great audio as well.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

fix wrote:
SchwiizVT12 wrote:Is this still planned on being released as a digital copy at some point?
Yes. Got a message from Tim saying they are still working hard on making this happen. Some legal publishing issues were overcome recently which is what was taking so long, so it's still happening!
Awesome sauce, can't wait to get this so I can finally learn parts of the album that I don't already know.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Fret12 never ceases to impress me.
Thanks Timo!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Seeing this free CoA intro lesson pop up on YT makes me want the digital Sound & Story sooo bad! Release us from our misery Tim! ;) (and thanks for sharing this on YT!)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7NF2kcEfMBI[/youtube]

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Can anyone tell me if buying the DVD would be worth it even if I am not really able to play guitar?
I mean, I have an accoustic one here, borrowed (stole) it from my brother, but I am really bad at it and I don't think I am about to get better anytime soon :rolleyes

But since there is The Story on it as well...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm a pretty bad player (I can't begin to play Mark's solos at all), and it's absolutely worth it.

But this DVD might inspire you to practice a bit, and you'd be surprised what a little practice will do.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Alright, the next investment will be this DVD!
And you are absolutely right about the practice, but I am more of a violin person since I have played that one for a long time now (also, a violin doesn't have barrè chords like the guitar and that's definitely a plus -.-)

But who knows, maybe I will become a guitar person after watching the lessons :)

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well, many AB Songs at least have an intermediate difficulty, so you'll suffer a lot. :D
The first AB song I learnt was Brand New Start which was actually playable after hours of practicing. But back then I already had 1 and a half years of guitar practicing. You probably should check out diverse mainstream song tutorials on Youtube (With Arms Wide Open, Sweet Child O Mine, Smells Like Teen Spirit, etc.), before tackling this DVD. I guess "Lover" is the only Fortress song that is a rather easy one. Btw, you can learn properly barré-ing within a week, it's just a question of muscletraining. :D :P

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Ive been playing guitar for 11 years and songs like Brand New Start still give me trouble. The picking back and forth and moreso the fingerpicking Mark does is hard as hell for me.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Mark's fingerpicking might be pretty difficult, cause he likes to "seperate" the bass and melody lines of his acoustic riffs (Blackbird, Fallout) so your thumb plays a different pattern than the rest of your fingers. I had to struggle a lot to dig into it, but once I managed to play Blackbird, all of his other fingerpicking stuff became playable too. :)

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

I HAVE checked out song tutorials on Youtube, it's why I know I will not be good enough in the foreseeable future :P

And suffering is a nice way of putting it since I already know that I won't ignore the lessons when I have the DVDs at home :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Mr. Slash wrote:Well, many AB Songs at least have an intermediate difficulty, so you'll suffer a lot. :D
The first AB song I learnt was Brand New Start which was actually playable after hours of practicing. But back then I already had 1 and a half years of guitar practicing.
Since you brought up Brand New Start I figured I'd mention Burn it Down is a great one for beginners. It can introduce you to the concept of alternate tunings, clean vs distortion, picking vs strumming, and is fairly simple in terms of chords and such. I also felt it was really great once I had the main parts down slower to try and keep up with the tempo of the song too. Sans the solo, it's a pretty good one to start on IMO.

For something that will give you confidence points, the intro to Broken Wings is a great solo for beginners to learn too.