Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by AB23 »

Raven wrote:
AB23 wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:It was kinda funny how they came out though, Myles playfully said "What's up fuckers?" Lol
:lol wow Myles.

Where's all the videos of this concert?!
I was going to take some, but the sound was seriously shit. You couldn't tell what anyone was singing and the guitars we just a mesh of noise 90% of the time.
eh sounds like an AB concert to me

Do you not like AB?I can't remember a single positive thing you have said about the band
no not at all. Sources are telling me that saying Blackbird was their best album and ABIII was their worst is almost a 100% indication that I hate the band entirely

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

abw1987 wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Concerning the sound... I've been to about seven AB concerts in Germany since 2010, and I have yet to experience a gig where I don't have any problems hearing either Myles' voice, Mark's voice, Myles' guitar or Mark's guitar. It's always the same, either the voices are way too quiet and I'm having a very hard time even hearing the vocals or it's either Myles' or Mark's guitar that's practically non-existent. I don't really know why it is that way because the guys at the venues should have enough experience and they're doing soundchecks and all that stuff, but well... I'm not expecting it to change.
Do you typically get a spot on (or close to) the rail? I think one of the downsides to being up front is that you get blasted by amps. Since the PA speakers are typically overhead -- pointing out at the crowd -- you barely hear the vocals over whatever amps are in front of you.
Alter Bridge gigs are actually pretty much the only ones I try to end up as near to the stage as possible. I know the sound is worse in the front, but I've seen bands where it was absolutely fine, and I'd think that the guys working at the venues should be able to mix a sound that every attendee can enjoy, not only those that are standing right beneath their booth...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Based on my experience of my only AB show, soundwise in terms of hearing instruments, it was fine and I was sitting at the nosebleeds of the theater. My only concern though was that I could not hear much of the crowd except when they were applauding (which makes it hard to hear the singalongs), and that in between songs, Myles was talking like he was on helium. I can't say that was a band issue as well since all three bands I heard that night were equally sounded nice and loud.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Usually, the farther away you sit from stage, the better the sound is. It takes away from the overall "live" experience, but give and take.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Usually, with AB, the bigger the show the worse the sound is

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

The best location in any venue is as close to the sound boards as you can get. I'm going to start using that logic when getting tickets going forward.
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Getting to see them for the first time on Oct 5th in Nashville! Can't fucking wait!!!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The sound at the shows typically relies on the venue's sound system, PA, room acoustics, wiring and general size. Sometimes you can be at the front and hear everything you want to, not usually the case, but in the right venues its been known.

It also relies heavily on the front of house director in the band's crew. He'll be spending pretty much the entire set moving things around, changing settings and adjusting volumes. The room sounds ALOT different when the room is full to when it's empty too. So there are many factors, so yeah standing near to the sound desk will typically get you the best "all around" sound, if you're into that kinda thing. If you're front row and wanting great sound, you'll have to hope that the venue can provide you with it

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

austin. wrote:Man. AB meet and greet packages are expensive :/ $165 each and doesn't include show ticket. 200 bucks a person. Want/need to meet Myles. But man. That's expensive.
I know. I might do it, though. Does anyone know how much earlier you get into the venue before the show? I'm guessing about an hour?

Not sure when they will do a Charlotte venue again - especially such an intimate one.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

PRS10Top wrote: Not sure when they will do a Charlotte venue again - especially such an intimate one.
Most likely, the next time they will be in North Carolina will be for the Carolina Rebellion festival where they will probably get 40 minutes as per usual with festival sets.

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

I'm going to the September 29th show in Lincoln, NE! This will be my first time seeing AB and I'm so excited. I about died when I saw they were coming to Nebraska, and on a headline show to boot. I also splurged and bought the VIP meet & greet package, it's my christmas present for like the next two years, haha. My husband didn't want to do the VIP thing (nor could we afford for both of us to) but he'll go to the concert.

Has anyone ever done the VIP thing? I'm worried my husband and I won't be able to meet up again and I'll have to fly solo for the entire show. It's a small intimate venue, maybe 300-400 capacity tops. Since I'll get early entry into the venue I'm hoping he'll be able to worm his way to the front to find me after he's allowed in, but I have no idea what to expect.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Do they have VIP for the Charlotte show?

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

I really wish I could go to the charlotte show but due to my health issues, my family is urging me not to. I think it would be fine if I maybe had somebody to drive me but I doubt my family will. I don't want to put them or anyone out.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Gingerella72 wrote:I'm going to the September 29th show in Lincoln, NE! This will be my first time seeing AB and I'm so excited. I about died when I saw they were coming to Nebraska, and on a headline show to boot. I also splurged and bought the VIP meet & greet package, it's my christmas present for like the next two years, haha. My husband didn't want to do the VIP thing (nor could we afford for both of us to) but he'll go to the concert.

Has anyone ever done the VIP thing? I'm worried my husband and I won't be able to meet up again and I'll have to fly solo for the entire show. It's a small intimate venue, maybe 300-400 capacity tops. Since I'll get early entry into the venue I'm hoping he'll be able to worm his way to the front to find me after he's allowed in, but I have no idea what to expect.

Looks like I wont be the only one at that show! =)

Im really glad they are coming to Nebraska because I dont like to travel too far just to see them.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Gingerella72 wrote:I'm going to the September 29th show in Lincoln, NE! This will be my first time seeing AB and I'm so excited. I about died when I saw they were coming to Nebraska, and on a headline show to boot. I also splurged and bought the VIP meet & greet package, it's my christmas present for like the next two years, haha. My husband didn't want to do the VIP thing (nor could we afford for both of us to) but he'll go to the concert.

Should be fine, because the VIP and concert ticket are separate. You will go in without him for the soundcheck and meet and greet, then they release you and let everyone in. That's when you go to the seat on your ticket. It's cool for your situation, but it also kinda sucks. I thought I was going to be front of house because of buying VIP (not a cheap investment), but I had to go to the back of the floor area where my ticket seating was. This was how they did it for the Fortress tour, but I would expect it be the same way.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Gonna start pulling more hours at work so I can get Charlotte VIP.

And yes there is Charlotte VIP.

And Nagpo, tell your body to get better and let's rock out in Charlotte!

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:

Should be fine, because the VIP and concert ticket are separate. You will go in without him for the soundcheck and meet and greet, then they release you and let everyone in. That's when you go to the seat on your ticket. It's cool for your situation, but it also kinda sucks. I thought I was going to be front of house because of buying VIP (not a cheap investment), but I had to go to the back of the floor area where my ticket seating was. This was how they did it for the Fortress tour, but I would expect it be the same way.
It's a general admission show, no seats. So that means if I want to be at the front, I'll probably have to go there immediately after the meet and greet and hope my husband can find his way up there when he gets in, right?

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

cheesedip1 wrote:

Looks like I wont be the only one at that show! =)

Im really glad they are coming to Nebraska because I dont like to travel too far just to see them.
Awesome!

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I wonder when they're gonna play the new single. I keep checking setlist.fm expecting to see it by now

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They're not playing the single because they haven't had time to rehearse it. They all know how to play it, but they want to rehearse it together before bringing it to an audience. They talk about it in the interview I posted in the Interview thread.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.