The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by gbruin »

Wow. No idea. Heal up quickly, Miss Stella.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, I brought this kind of topic up a few months ago, and it brings to mention it again after everything that's happening in the world and in their lives, could AB VII be the last dance for them as a band? I just want some form of assurance of what's going on in with the state of the band if that's not asking too much.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:23 pm could AB VII be the last dance for them as a band?
No way. Alter Bridge pays the bills.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I don't think they'll call it a day after this album. Mark and Myles have both released some amazing solo material, there's a new Slash record, there's a third Projected album waiting for us somewhere...

But maybe an extended hiatus after AB7 would do the guys some good. 18 years is a long time to be a band, 27 for Mark, Flip and Brian is even more impressive... That's a lot of songs, lots of riffs, a lot of hooks. What more could there possibly be to put to tape? Maybe let Alter Bridge rest for four or five years after this record.

Let's get the Brian Marshall solo project and the Creed reunion out of the way and then come back to AB with a loving longing and revived passion for that band!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I don't see any reason, outside of Myles' voice possibly wearing thin, as to why AB should cease or take an extended break. They publically talked about recording new material for AB mid last year. 2021 just happened to be an solo year along side covid which slowed things down.

I would've said AB probably would be done if Walk the sky was like TLH. Even Myles didn't like that record. But we have to understand, they would probably never have stopped making Creed records if Mark and stapps relationship never soured. In the end, as far as we can tell myles and mark don't have that problem. So I see no reason for them to stop after the next record. Like others said, it makes them money and they still make good music together. My only worry is that Myles' voice is wearing out significantly each record. He's still good but it's so nasally and squeaky that it can bother me at times. I think I prefer marks voice now.

I think we'll see the next AB record late this year. After all, myles and slash gotta tour that new horrendously recorded album (which does myles' voice no favors, especially since he had covid WHILE recording it). But after 2022, I would like to see myles take time to rest his voice. And during this time maybe Mark can give us another Creed record.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yeah I also remember Mark talking about writing new AB stuff. But after listening to Myles' voice on the latest SMKC song I would prefer AB to extend their 3-year album rhythm a little.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They should postpone the 2022 spring studio sessions for many of the easons you guys have already mentioned, but I'm ready to bet that they won't.
I just hope they don't end up making a bad album because of that 3 year cycle they're so used to.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mr. Slash wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:03 pm But after listening to Myles' voice on the latest SMKC song I would prefer AB to extend their 3-year album rhythm a little.
I wouldn't worry about that. I'd be more concerned if he didn't sound too great on Ides of March, which wasn't the case. Elvis generally gets the best out of Myles.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

These are a bit trippy :humina

(Myles sounds a bit like Buffalo Bill on Wayward One)

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lol love the anime additions

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Missed our opportunity with that AB/Disturbed tour...

Post by zazthespaz »

Only listened to Wayward One so far but that was really cool. Something about Myles' voice takes me out of it though; I feel like it's obvious it's been manipulated and sounds "stretched". I'd be all for it if they re-recorded it with a bass vocalist.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

How about this? The intro to Broken Wings but really, really slow.

The randomness of YouTube, eh? :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Type AB Negative

Post by gbruin »

That breakdown riff after the chorus and the following solos in Fortress are pretty cool. Very different vibe.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Great solo Mark, now can you slow it down to 60bpm for me please?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:26 am That breakdown riff after the chorus and the following solos in Fortress are pretty cool. Very different vibe.
I had the same thought! I was impressed at how fast some of the solo still sounded even slowed down. Just as I was thinking I might be able to play it at that speed :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, the AB twitter account gave an actually interesting tweet. After 18 years after using Metalingus as a theme song, Edge has now came out to a new theme. Don't worry about it. It's still a proper fit in regards to where he's at in his career and persona and it's still an AB song.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 7990602752

The sad part about it is that they will never play Metalingus live at Wrestlemania.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:33 am So, the AB twitter account gave an actually interesting tweet. After 18 years after using Metalingus as a theme song, Edge has now came out to a new theme. Don't worry about it. It's still a proper fit in regards to where he's at in his career and persona and it's still an AB song.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 7990602752

The sad part about it is that they will never play Metalingus live at Wrestlemania.
I love this sooooooooo much

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:33 am The sad part about it is that they will never play Metalingus live at Wrestlemania.
I wouldn't be so sure. The new music suits his heel turn, but he'll have Metalingus back when he's a baby-face again.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:46 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:33 am The sad part about it is that they will never play Metalingus live at Wrestlemania.
I wouldn't be so sure. The new music suits his heel turn, but he'll have Metalingus back when he's a baby-face again.
Alter Bridge should play a full set at or before Wrestlemania. Kind of like Metallica did before the Super Bowl in 2016.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

DAMN YOU, PANDEMIC.

Per Tim, AB was actually close to playing Metalingus live as Edge's entrance at Wrestlemania in 2020 before the shutdown put a stop to that.

Also, Edge has a rule where he just doesn't like it when bands play a wrestler's entrance music as a heel (which he currently is now), but 2020 would have made sense since that was his comeback year.
“We actually booked this in 2020, it was all set - everyone was getting ready to fly in but it got canceled due to Covid. WWE and Edge have been great to us over the years, we love them and would jump at any opportunity to work with them,”
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArmyOf1 ... 8779709863

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

New way to live song

Right after the
“I just can’t take this anymore “ part

In comes a

Very pretty guitar part