Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Red_D
Brand New Start

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by Red_D »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:38 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:18 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:58 pm Does anyone consider the idea that they need to release some songs before the album is out, not for us the fans, but for the people that have no interest in listening to the album, but still wants to hear new songs from AB?
People like this exist?
Probably. I don't know.

Anywho, I got an email blast from Janus Music Management. My worst fears has been realized. Due to Hurricane Ian, they have moved the Listening Party by one week. It is now on 10/06 instead of 09/30. I want to cry. I don't know how can I reschedule flight and hotel by one week without any pain.
Yes it is true i’m afraid, as per message below that Alter Bridge just posted on Instragram:

Hello Friends - We have had to move the listening party from September 30th to October 6th at the Beacham. There is just no way to pull off the show on the 30th at this point due to the hurricane. Stay safe everyone!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, I've spent my evening go through a lot of headaches in rescheduling flights and canceling hotel rooms and trying to find another hotel room. With all of this effort that everyone attending the listening party has gone through rescheduling, AB better deliver a damn good fine album with this one.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Sorry to hear about all this, Andrew. Sucks having to go through it all, I imagine.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Damn Andrew, sorry about that. I know you're lookin forward to it. Stay positive young fella.

I have my Facebook account back. Can I get back into the group? Lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

OH fudge, I just realized that they rescheduled it on the 6th, a Thursday, not the 7th, a Friday. I'm not able to take time off on Thursdays. I don't think I can make it now. Just not meant to be for me I guess.

Edit: Oh wait, screw that. I was able to reschedule by moving one day back and I'll probably get the day off next Thursday. I won't let anything stop me from making this trip.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Gah what a rollercoaster. Hope it all works out, Kev.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Right, lol. I read the first few sentences of your post and even before I read your edit, I said "ya fuckin right Andrew's gonna miss it." Lo and behold, you didn't let me down.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

A cool bundle to catch at Outburn Magazine:

https://store.outburn.com/products/outb ... lty-bundle

rising_waters007
Brand New Start

Post by rising_waters007 »

Marshall wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:03 am A cool bundle to catch at Outburn Magazine:

https://store.outburn.com/products/outb ... lty-bundle
Learned my lesson buying something like this after I never received that Tremonti magazine bundle that was through Magazines Direct late last year… got refunded about 5 months later, so I got that goin’ for me.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

No new reviews? No previews? :(

tremontibr
Brand New Start

Post by tremontibr »

Whitebird wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:56 pm No new reviews? No previews? :(
Wondering the same.... jesus.... hard to wait! =) :yes :humina

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

We've hit a bit of a lull now before the release. I kinda don't like that. If you create hype before a release, then you have to commit to prolong it somehow, not necessarily with songs, but with ads, interviews, reviews, partnerships, etc.

If you don't release anything before the album, and just spend the preceding 2 weeks or so marketing the hell out of it, then you won't be in danger of having fans burn out while waiting.

Either way, I guess the fans will buy the thing anyway. I just hope none of the casuals who like the singles forgot about it lol.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

AB23 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:14 am We've hit a bit of a lull now before the release. I kinda don't like that. If you create hype before a release, then you have to commit to prolong it somehow, not necessarily with songs, but with ads, interviews, reviews, partnerships, etc.

If you don't release anything before the album, and just spend the preceding 2 weeks or so marketing the hell out of it, then you won't be in danger of having fans burn out while waiting.

Either way, I guess the fans will buy the thing anyway. I just hope none of the casuals who like the singles forgot about it lol.
there would have been hype due to the listening party.. cant blame the band nor management for the hurricane to mess up the timings on that...
AB are still appearing in magazines on a weekly basis..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I really want more video interviews. A track by track breakdown like they did for Fortress would be amazing too.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Only two weeks away though.. :headbang

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

somehow i managed to not listen to 'silver tongue' or the title track this month AND suppressed the urge to peep 'sin after sin'

was busy finishing my own album, which helped lmao

but only 2 weeks until a new ab record, 80% of which i haven't heard (the other 20% of which i adore) so that's really exciting !! i can hold out now, i think

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AB23 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:14 am We've hit a bit of a lull now before the release. I kinda don't like that. If you create hype before a release, then you have to commit to prolong it somehow, not necessarily with songs, but with ads, interviews, reviews, partnerships, etc.

I mean, unconfirmed, but one more song release next week should help with re-engaging the casuals before the album drop. I know the multiple songs releasing before the record idea kind of gets shit on at times by the hardcore fans, but from a marketing angle it makes sense to drop a banger in that short window, especially for the casuals. Just a way to say "hey, here's an awesome fucking track, album comes out next week, go buy it."

Will admit that the time between now and the Sin After Sin release has been a bit of a lul period. Was looking forward to a track by track breakdown as someone mentioned before, or some more behind the scenes footage of the recording process, but hey it is what it is.
Last edited by AB4Lyfe on Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

oh SHIT, so sorry to those who've had to rearrange trips and such :(

the other day i saw that tickets were available again and it didn't really click with me - i'm not so up on the news these days

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Eddie Trunk used to interview them before every album release for his podcast. Haven't seen that this time around. That's too bad. I enjoy listening to those longer conversations. The HardDrive one from a page or two back was good but I'd like to hear more about the album in a long-form interview like that.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:35 pm

I mean, unconfirmed, but one more song release next week should help with re-engaging the casuals before the album drop. I know the multiple songs releasing before the record idea kind of gets shit on at times by the hardcore fans, but from a marketing angle it makes sense to drop a banger in that short window, especially for the casuals. Just a way to say "hey, here's an awesome fucking track, album comes out next week, go buy it."

Will admit that the time between now and the Sin After Sin release has been a bit of a lul period. Was looking forward to a track by track breakdown as someone mentioned before, or some more behind the scenes footage of the recording process, but hey it is what it is.
This is War comes out on October 4th