The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Gosh.... I don't want to get myself excited only to be disappointed again that it doesn't happen and this is more of a long shot, logistically than what could have been last year. Creed has a one week break after a show in the New York state on August 24th. AEW's show in Wembley Stadium is on August 25th. Factoring in time difference, it's a 12 hour flight from New York to London. I just don't see it happening for all of a sudden for AB to show up at Wembley Stadium and playing Metalingus live as Edge's entrance.

Then again, Slash played a show in the Philippines on March 9th and then showed up in LA on March 10th at the Oscars to play I'm Just Ken (time zone difference between Philippines and LA is more favorable than New York and London). Gosh...... let me have this hope. There's nothing else to look forward to as of now for Alter Bridge this year.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

This is so weird :lol

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Too much synth and keys going on, sounds like symphonic metal, AB would never write anything like that.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Post by Addicted To Pain »

Whitebird wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:08 am

It is interesting for sure. Structurally, it does not follow any song that I have ever heard, which I dislike. The style, as Dolo said, is unlike anything that Alter Bridge has ever done, although it is not necessarily bad. The AI Myles voice is spot on, and the solo starts out with Myles-esque licks before switching into some sweep picking like Avenged Sevenfold. Overall, not a bad song.

I am bothered by the fact that the lyrics were written by ChatGPT, though. They sound so impersonal.

Anyway, if we are doing anything with AI for Alter Bridge, I would rather hear Myles sing Tremonti songs or Mark sing Alter Bridge songs.
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Fuck AI nonsense.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Speaking of AI....

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

Post by Schulzy »

maximzub wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 pm Speaking of AI....

I didn't cringe until the chorus and said out loud, "Nope!". It actually sounded like I would have imagined if Scott was singing with his Southern accent.
I'm walking the Black Road

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Humans might become obsolete, and it'll be our fault

Post by gbruin »

Whitebird wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:08 am

Geez. That's pretty amazing and pretty terrifying, all at the same time.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

All those years of trying to redefine themselves

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 pm Speaking of AI....

And this mostly offends me

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

AI just depresses me. We'll be at a point soon where real human expression is indistinguishable from AI-manufactured content. The overwhelming speed of content production will just further devalue genuine human expression.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Why settle for less? Because it's easier.

Post by gbruin »

Crumbso wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:34 pm AI just depresses me. We'll be at a point soon where real human expression is indistinguishable from AI-manufactured content. The overwhelming speed of content production will just further devalue genuine human expression.
I'm with you on that. I do think that there will be instances where authenticity will be important and vital, like here where you and I and most AB fans will long for and appreciate genuine Alter Bridge instead of an AI manufactured similarity. But I dread when these instances will become niche and will eventually fade away due to a general willingness by the population to settle for easy and acceptable. There's a reason there are a billion McDonald's across the globe and prime time is crammed full of "reality" TV shows.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

I keep forgetting just how amazing Calm The Fire is until I listen to it every once in a while. :rockon

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

Post by Schulzy »

maximzub wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:19 pm I keep forgetting just how amazing Calm The Fire is until I listen to it every once in a while. :rockon
Every time I listen to Fortress I go....this is SUCH a good album. I remember seeing Calm The Fire live and my skin tingled.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Not much news in the AB camp as of recent, but Michael on Twitter had posted a link of an article about Daniel Tremonti and the stuff he does. I've been quite unaware of the things he does outside of the album designs he's created for all of Mark's bands, so this is an informative article about him and the things he's done.

https://northbynorthwestern.com/be-an-a ... -tremonti/

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Yeah AI produced music is stupid as fuck.

For what it's worth, that echoes of yesterday song has totally random and/or generic lyrics. Generic as hell even by generic standards.

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

AB Greatest Hits Album

Post by Schulzy »

So, I saw Creed's Greatest Hits Vinyl Album at Target yesterday. I did not buy it because I already purchased the CD when it originally came out. It did make me think though...are we at/past the point where Alter Bridge should release their first collection? My second thought, would I buy it? I already own everything from them but would love to hear more demo/live/unreleased stuff. The only reason I bought Creed's was because that was back when I still had a CD player in my car and didn't want to switch albums to hear different songs. Now it's different with the capability to stream. So, I'm curious...what songs would you put on it? I had to think about this because my favorite songs are not necessarily what I think would make the cut. It would be a huge album due to number of songs - like when Creed did WAWO - A Retrospective - and they included a ton of live/acoustic/unreleased stuff.

ODR:

Open Your Eyes
Metalingus
Broken Wings

Blackbird:

Ties That Bind
Come To Life
Before Tomorrow Comes
Blackbird
Rise Today
Watch Over You
White Knuckles

ABIII:

Slip To The Void
Isolation
Ghost of Days Gone By
Words Darker Than Their Wings

Fortress:

Cry of Achilles
Addicted to Pain
Waters Rising
Fortress

TLH:

Show Me a Leader
My Champion
This Side of Fate
The Last Hero

Walk The Sky:

Wouldn't You Rather
Pay No Mind
Walking On The Sky

Pawns & Kings:

This Is War
Silver Tongue
Fable of The Silent Son
Pawns & Kings

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

Thought #2

Post by Schulzy »

Oh, and a second thought. I've listened to a few band's re-recordings of complete albums - Switchfoot's - A Beautiful Letdown and Incubus' - Morning View. I like them, and it's interesting to hear how the production and especially vocals sound. So......the question is.......would you want to have Alter Bridge re-record ODR? With Elvis??? And release all of the bonus tracks/unrecorded stuff from that time period?

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

One Last Thing

Post by Schulzy »

And one last thing. I recently went to see Sleep Token live for the second time. They played their setlist in album order. Would you like to see AB do this on the next go around? I think I would - maybe two songs from each album?

Open Your Eyes - yes I'd like to see them open with it.
Metalingus - let's build some energy.
Blackbird - early in the set but I like it.
Watch Over You - usually saved for the middle but let's mix it up.
Slip To The Void - great opener but I like it in the top third.
Isolation - spaced far enough away from Metalingus.
Cry of Achilles - I like spacing the longer songs apart from each other.
Addicted to Pain - got to keep the energy up for the guys.
This Side of Fate - or change it up with Island of Fools.
The Last Hero - trying to keep it spaced apart from Cry of Achilles.
Pay No Mind - bring the synths back out for this one.
Walking On The Sky - got to have at least one rarity mixed in.
This is War or Silver Tongue - and I want some background choir sounds on This is War.
Fable of The Silent Son or Pawns & Kings - I think both would be interesting closers but they are long.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think if AB does any show with playing songs in album chronological order, I think it would best suited in backwards order going from newest to oldest. I think it could be pretty dicey to put songs like Open Your Eyes, Metalingus, and Blackbird at the early part of the shows since those are the songs people are wanting to hear the most and it's best suited building a set towards having those songs as a climax/ending.

Sleep Token can get with that kind of stuff going from early to latest as they are still young enough in their band history where they are establishing themselves to newer audiences where AB is 20 years old. People have a good idea of the songs they want to hear as show closers and you put those songs at the beginning, you risk having a fair amount of people leaving the show early. Now I know the AB fans faithful would never do that, but you never want to have that as a possibility.

As for the idea of re-recording ODR given what the band is now. There are some things that I could see it be a good idea like if they have more of Myles on guitar or Mark singing a track like Burn it Down or Broken Wings. The thing that would make this idea DOA is that they would have Elvis produce it. Now I got nothing against Elvis with the exception of how The Last Hero sounds, but you are taking an album, where you got an audience that thinks that is AB's best sounding album from a production standpoint, and having it re-recording with the producer being a guy that the same audience probably do not like? Going to be a hard sell.