What's Your Favourite Alter Bridge Moment?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
axlar
Site Admin

Re: What's Your Favourite Alter Bridge Moment?

Post by axlar »

nice topic idea..

i think the most special moment still is meeting the guys for the first time, after being a Creed fan for 6 years i was finally meeting Mark, Brian and Flip in person in 2004 in Amsterdam... turned out to be a great day and the start of many more concerts! and meeting awesome people along the line!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I dont know why, but i think hearing "Coming Home" for the first time, is my favourite moment. It really cemented them as my favourite band back in 2007 with such a crazily new and amazing sound. ODR had such a significant sound, and the 4/5 songs we'd heard prior to Blackbird being released were already so familiar by the time September/October 2007 came around.. That "Coming Home" just hit me so hard that this record was a huge step forward from ODR.. And it's my favourite album, and Coming Home is still a huge, HUGE song that they seem to only play on special occasions. Which i like!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Metting Mark after the Starland Ballroom show in NJ on December 17, 2010. First concert I'd ever been to. And he was the first member of the band out there. Signed my ticket, an AB III sticker, and shook my hand. He talked to us about his solo album (It had just been announced that he wanted to do one), how happy he was to have such a dedicated fan base, and just how much he loves playing. Overall, great guy.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: have we met before?

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote:Metting Mark after the Starland Ballroom show in NJ on December 17, 2010. First concert I'd ever been to. And he was the first member of the band out there. Signed my ticket, an AB III sticker, and shook my hand. He talked to us about his solo album (It had just been announced that he wanted to do one), how happy he was to have such a dedicated fan base, and just how much he loves playing. Overall, great guy.
you were there?!! was i standing next to you? I waited with a friend for about an hour before we decided to leave. i had an exam the next morning i had to go back to school for.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

OHEMGEE I WAS THERE TOO! i was the only one in cowboy boots and had to take pics of cameron and the band while the camera kept freezing and cameron was yelling at me while professing his love for mark!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: summer summer summer...

Post by zazthespaz »

no you weren't! that was in may 2011. in new york. after classes had ended as well as any exams!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

...i meant in spirit. DUH

dadbobo
Brand New Start

Post by dadbobo »

I have been a Alter Bridge fan since the first time VH1 showed the video for Open Your Eyes, I ran out the next day and bought the album and listened to it over and over again for at least a year. In loving memory brought tears to my eyes many times and my mother is still alive. I was a fan when most people said "Alter Bridge oh you mean Creed with a new singer (Hell NO)". One of the best things the internet has to offer is connection with bands, Michael Tremonti kicks ass on Facebook and keeps us updated and is a friend. All of there material is great and I also have become a huge Mayfield Four fan. I have met Flip and Brian outside of Trees in Dallas before the show when I was trying to get tickets they stepped outside the tour bus for a few minutes and I walked over and talked to them. The best moment was this last year I went to Shreveport LA to watch Mark solo and I got to meet him, Wolfgang, Eric and Garrett and was blown away at how nice they all were, all I have left is to meet Myles and hopefully I will on the next tour.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Please visit the grammar thread haha!

Post by zazthespaz »

Good stuff dude! Vh1 is what got me hooked too! They don't do that for me anymore :lol

Welcome to the boards!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Wow, I'm always delighted to hear about people who became instant fans by hearing an AB song on the radio or seeing a music video on TV. I feel like that doesn't happen too often, outside of pop music.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I bought ODR on the day it came out. I listened to it a few times. Loved Metallingus, FTR, and The End Is Here. At the time I was kind of "meh" on the rest of it. I discarded it from my player and forgot about it for three years.

Fast forward to October 2007. My wife's grandmother died, and we inherited her house. We were plunking down about 10 grand to remodel it. The first thing I wanted to do was remove all of the 50 year old pale yellow asbestos siding. I attempted to do it over a weekend, and realized I was going to need help. So I called my slacker brother (who was out of work at the time)and offered to pay him to help me. So after I nudged him about it a bit, he shows up... with a brand new cd. He tells me it's the new AB disc. And I'm like , "um, yeah... didn't like to much of their first one." But he puts in the disc and we start tearing the siding off.

To my surprise, the first song was amazing. And each song up to the third was better than the last. At that point, I was falling in love with the band. After a mid-album lull, we get to track 8, AMAZING! Then the rest of the album One By One, WOY, White Knux, Wayward One, solidified it for me. Standing there ankle deep in pale yellow hazardous material (which I had no permit to remove) I was a full blown Alter Bridge fan.

In September 2011 the CoM headed into Poplar Bluff, Missouri (about 2 hours east of me) and I took my brother. And we rocked out! Left before TOAD even came out, because honestly, how in the blue hell could their white trash rock top that? Anyways, that's it. These boards and the live USB's also helped my fandom quite a bit.

PS. I now love ODR. It just took a while for it to grow on me.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

darkstorm97 wrote: These boards and the live USB's also helped my fandom quite a bit.
Very good to hear!

Desi
Brand New Start

Post by Desi »

dolo1993 wrote:
AB23 wrote:
Macca wrote:Creed reunion
fack aff ya blooday wankah

+100000000000000000000000000000000. Fak aff Makka.

Their first show in Poland, definitely. June '11. I remember when I was standing in front of the stage waiting for the first notes of Slip To the Void and feeling the growing excitement inside of me :yes
Hey, bro...! I was there as well and it was the first time I saw them perform live! My favorite memory is definitely when their crew (or the stage technicians) took the cover from Flip's drum kit off and the fans saw AB logo on his bass drum and started to shout the name of the band. Everyone around me was so excited and it was exactly the moment when I thought to myself: "Hey, I'm so glad to be here 'cause this is one of the moments what I'm living for. For something so incredible such is the atmosphere at a live show. There's nothing like this." :D
Last edited by Desi on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
02.06. 2011 - Ursynalia Warsaw Student Festival. My first AB show!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Desi wrote:Hey, bro...! I was there as well and it was the first time I saw them perform live! My favorite memory is definitely when their crew (or the stage technicians) took the cover from Flip's drum kit off and the fans saw AB logo on his bass drum and started to shout the name of the band. Everyone around me was so excited and it was excatly the moment when I thought to myself: "Hey, I'm so glad to be here 'cause this is one of the moments what I'm living for. For something so incredible such is the atmosphere at a live show. There's nothing like this." :D
I love that moment when the show is about to start, and anticipation is at a maximum.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

abw1987 wrote:
Desi wrote:Hey, bro...! I was there as well and it was the first time I saw them perform live! My favorite memory is definitely when their crew (or the stage technicians) took the cover from Flip's drum kit off and the fans saw AB logo on his bass drum and started to shout the name of the band. Everyone around me was so excited and it was excatly the moment when I thought to myself: "Hey, I'm so glad to be here 'cause this is one of the moments what I'm living for. For something so incredible such is the atmosphere at a live show. There's nothing like this." :D
I love that moment when the show is about to start, and anticipation is at a maximum.
Right. When the house music over the PA ends and you think, "This is it!", then after a pause, another song comes over the PA. Damn, so you're back to waiting for another 4 minutes or so, and the anticipations starts building again.

This cycle usually repeats way too many times, but then, finally, the song ends and the lights go out, and then, IT'S ON!!!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

gbruin wrote: I love that moment when the show is about to start, and anticipation is at a maximum.
Right. When the house music over the PA ends and you think, "This is it!", then after a pause, another song comes over the PA. Damn, so you're back to waiting for another 4 minutes or so, and the anticipations starts building again.

This cycle usually repeats way too many times, but then, finally, the song ends and the lights go out, and then, IT'S ON!!![/quote]

Hahaha! And if you're at a Shinedown show, it's probably some pop crap just to mess with the crowd! Then they kick in Jay-Z '99 Problems'

The moment the lights go down when it's actually show time... Nothing beats that. Especially when you're front row