Slash and AB's 2013 schedule

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Re: Slash and AB's 2013 schedule

Post by Anyccka »

The only other songs from UYI which Slash in the past gigs played were "Used to Love Her" and - if there was possibility of guest keyboards - "Knocking on Heaven's Door".
The first one would be great with Myles´ & Todd´s vocal harmonies and additionally there is enough space for Slash's twiddling with solos IMO

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Just realized they never play Welcome to the Jungle (unless I'm mistaken), any reason why?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They've played it a few times. I think Myles sung it once or twice, but when they play it now Todd sings it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Todd Kerns does a pretty damn good version of Welcome To The Jungle, i'd really like to see Myles sing it more often

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I've seen a couple videos of Myles singing Jungle. I think this is one case where Todd's voice is a better fit.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I'm surprised it's not a regular in the set list. It's one of his trademark songs.

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Myles should try singing Don't Damn Me (seeing as GN'R NEVER played it live) or Locomotive, maybe possibly Coma, but i think Coma's length could be a problem

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The live version of Rocket Queens is over 12 minutes, so I don't think lenght is a problem :lol

Locomotive would be awesome!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Locomotive and Coma are so good and I would love to hear those. Those are maybe the only 2 from Use Your Illusion that compare with anything off Appetite. Maybe Civil War, too, b/c Myles's version I saw with Slash was incredible.

Funny that every song on Appetite is a classic, while both Use Your Illusion albums had maybe 8 really good songs between them.

...in my opinion.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah, Civil War is my favorite from either Illusion album. Other than November Rain, it's the only thing (to me) that stands up to AFD.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

UPDATE:
Via Twitter..
@franksidoris
That's it for rehearsals. Off to Dubai in the AM! @gibsonguitar @Gibson90210 @CustomGibson #slashandtheconspirators

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Slash played Serial Killer from the Ain't Life Grand album in Dubai and Turkey

Gi_Argentina
Brand New Start

Post by Gi_Argentina »

I read you were talking about a possible southamerican tour.
I think the guys could come to Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru. They won´t sell big gigs but they have fans here.
The fist time Slash came to Argentina with Myles (2010) there were just a coulpe of AB fans at the gig. I was one of them and could see a couple of guys singing Rise Today :)
Last year, when they came to do 3 concerts in Argentina, I saw the people love Myles now. I met Slash/GNR fans who now like AB.
ABIII was released here 1 or 2 days after it was released in US and we could also purchase ABIII.5 I also had the chance to listen to AB on one of the most important rock station radios in Argentina. It means the guys have now a fan base here (may be not as big as in Europe or US) and I´m sure they´d love to play in South America.
I hope 2013 is the year for us but I´ll have to wait untill ABIV is realesed and the guys set the european and american tour dates.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I think Slash is actually the most powerful person in all of this. If Slash wants to do some shows, Myles will make it work.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Anyccka wrote:The only other songs from UYI which Slash in the past gigs played were "Used to Love Her" and - if there was possibility of guest keyboards - "Knocking on Heaven's Door".
The first one would be great with Myles´ & Todd´s vocal harmonies and additionally there is enough space for Slash's twiddling with solos IMO
- "Use to love her" is not from UYI. It is from Lies. :)

- I think "Civil War" was the only song of UYI they played.

- Slash already said they just play "Welcome to the Jungle" when it is a special ocasion, or if the crowd it is very good.

- I wish to hear Myles sing this song from Snakepit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9safn8sQqc

I can dream, right?

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Just realized they never play Welcome to the Jungle (unless I'm mistaken), any reason why?
They played it in Sao Paulo, but Todd sang it.