How Many Times

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
axlar
Site Admin

Re: How Many Times

Post by axlar »

lol @ baby Alex!!! cool shot!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

SugarShane
Brand New Start

Post by SugarShane »

I've seen Alter Bridge every single time they've come here. So... 2.

First time was 2008 in support of Disturbed. Two of my favourite bands so it was a no brainer. Wasn't exactly blown away though because all AB had was a 45 minute set and they rushed through a fair bit of it, then they spent like 5 minutes on a shitty cover that pissed me off. When you travel to the other side of the globe to play 45 minutes of your hits, you play your fucking hits. Not someone else's. On top of that it was all BB except for Metalingus. But still, got to see them so was pretty chuffed anyway.

Their next tour in 2012 was much better, roughly the same set length due to it being a festy but they seemed in a lot better form.

Looking forward to the next tour in 2016.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Jim wrote:Selina is one of the most amazing and dedicated Alter Bridge fans I've met in the 9 years I've been going to their shows. It's an honour to have her here having seen first hand the lengths she goes through to enjoy the guys and their endeavours!

I love it when you swing by Selina, try and get some of the others on here! We need some more female members

Aaah thanks for the kind words! :) .... On here most days but will certainly try stop being lazy & post more lol & try bring some girlies on board :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If you know any US girls...east coast, around 5'4", not too picky on hair color, that'd be great.

For the website.

:shifty
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

TenaciousBe wrote:Selina is the bomb! :hug

Do kids still say "the bomb"? Sigh. I'm old.
Haha thanks!

I wanna know too! I'm old also lol

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Andy92 wrote:If you know any US girls...east coast, around 5'4", not too picky on hair color, that'd be great.

For the website.

:shifty
Oh I just really lol'd :D

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Thought I'd give it a shot. :lol

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

axlar wrote:lol @ baby Alex!!! cool shot!
Hey, shut up man! What about baby Myles? :P

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

The Mayfield Four: zero :(

Alter Bridge: zero :(

Creed: 1
- November 25th, 2012 - Sao Paulo, BR (Credicard Hall)

Slash Feat. Myles Kennedy: 2
- April 7th, 2011 - Sao Paulo, BR (HSBC Hall)
- November 7th, 2012 - Sao Paulo, BR (Espaço das Americas)

First time was actually Slash... I bought a Premium Pit ticket and managed to be on the rail, pretty much in the front of Myles. Slash stage presence is so mesmerizing I didn't see Myles walking in, a friend had to point Myles so I'd look! :lol

For Creed, I bought the M&G ticket, so it was a pretty cool experience: got to watch the soundcheck, they played a really cool song that I hope it sees the light of day in Alter Bridge or Tremonti, then when Stapp showed up they played Inside Us All, Say I and Beautiful (if I recall). Which was awesome as Inside Us All is one of my favorite songs and it didn't make the setlist. Mark improvised the solo during it as well.

Stapp was really nice to the fans that day, seriously! Humble (seriously!) and telling the bodyguard to back off because he wanted to take pictures with the fans.

Then he left for an interview and I yelled at Mark to play "Wish You Well", he laughed and gave me the horns and played the intro to it, some good 10 seconds... :lol Then he had to leave for the same interview and never came back, I didn't get a picture with him. :(

Flip and Eric were really nice, Eric is such a class act. Someone else asked him to play Submersed and he did the intro for Dripping! He stopped to talk to everybody in the soundcheck (around 30 people)... but as I was chatting with him, I missed Brian.

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

I haven't been to many concerts unfortunately. Seeing AB at least once is on my bucket list. I've seen Creed once, though. It was in Tinley Park (Chicago suburb), part of their Full Circle tour. I think my mom's friend won tickets somehow, but she couldn't go so she gave them to us. It was awesome. Everyone was at the top of their game from what I remember, even Stapp, and the atmosphere was electrifying. I remember a few times I closed my eyes to take everything in because it was just such a cool experience. They started off with a bang (no pun intended) with Bullets, and near the end (the last song before the encore) played What's This Life For with a waterfall of fire behind them. It was something I'll never forget. Oh yeah, and I ran into my friend's cousins there, as they ended up sitting a few rows in front of us, so that was pretty cool too.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Stuzz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Stuzz »

I've seen AB: 0 Creed: 0 Myles/Slash:1
Slash came to New Zealand for 2 shows, i got to one of them, great concert, unfortunately i don't have high hopes for alter bridge actually coming to NZ, the only time they did come here was '09 opening for disturbed, and they didnt come here for AB3 so, unfortunately that won't be ticked off my bucket list anytime soon...

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

AB - 2 (+ 4 later this year)

Creed - 0 (don't mind, I'm not very into Creed)

Tremonti - 2

Slash ft. Myles - 2

My first time Alter Bridge was at a festival (Pinkpop 2011, which was fully recorded).. They played for one hour (plus some..), it was great! Bought one week after my ticket for the second Alter Bridge show that year.

My first time Tremonti was in October 2012 in Cologne. The tourbus stood next to the venue, Mark & co. were walking in and out.. Had a small chat with Eric and Wolfie who had planned to visit another concert in that city (Tesseract I think it was..). Said hi to Mark and Garrett. After the show Wolfie signed my EVH Wolfgang (hehe..) guitar. That was it.
My second time Tremonti was kinda better imo. Met Stijn for the first time in front of the venue, we had some small talks through Twitter before of that. Stijn's a enormous dedicated fan! Enjoyed all of his stories about Wembley, the Creed in the USA story and everything else he told me..
Visited soundcheck (it was in Tilburg), had a little chat with Eric (who recognized be as the guy with the bad adjusted EVH guitar..), Mark signed my other guitar and signed some photos for me (I still have to give away them through the AO12 - NL Facebook). Visited the show that night after they went backstage for some food, frontrow. It was incredible.

Slash isn't my favorite, but Myles' voice is the thing I enjoy the most at that shows.. It sends me straight to some cloud where I enjoy everything at that moment. Gives me a real kick.. Wow.

So.. I've met no one except Mark from AB, so bought me a bunch of VIP's for later this year, to make that right!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

See, the fact that some of y'all havent even seen these guys live yet and you're still big fans means so much to us, and the band I'm sure! You guys are SO welcome here, your stories are amazing

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

When ya'll do see them live, be sure and bring earplugs. Mark is awfully loud.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:When ya'll do see them live, be sure and bring earplugs. Mark is awfully loud.
Found this out the hard way the first time I saw him. :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. Last time seeing them was my first. My ears rang for a while. Of course they quit ringing long before my voice came back :rockon
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I hope everyone in South America gets to see them sooner or later. And that goes both ways... I hope Alter Bridge gets to experience a South American crowd someday. From all the Slash/Creed videos I've seen, the crowds are incredibly passionate.