Nottingham - TOMORROW!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Nottingham - TOMORROW!

Post by Electricladyland »

They need some All Hope Is Gone in these set lists

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

OMG! Thats the best I've heard broken wings in many many years

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/QzbDZ9jRLZE[/youtube]

This is also a very good version of open your eyes imo

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

From the few videos I've seen (White Knuckles and Open Your Eyes), here are my thoughts:

They sound fantastic. Myles voice sounds a bunch better than it did on the last AB tour back in 2011. The slower pace helps also, it helps the band make fewer mistakes both instrumentally and vocally. Lastly, Mark's backing vocals sounded a lot less angry than they did back during Wembley and Rockpalast, really helps with songs like OYE.

Overall, this is the live AB I want to see in January.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB23 wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/QzbDZ9jRLZE[/youtube]

This is also a very good version of open your eyes imo
Hahaha, "Don't fall asleep on me, now," says Myles. Even if it wasn't an AB show, who falls asleep at a rock concert? They are loud as heck.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

They're typically always amazing on the first run of shows with a new record! They're sounding so good!

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

blackbird
[youtube]http://youtu.be/AAnNL7nf-r4[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Hey, they've covered Alter Bridge - Blackbird, Live From Amsterdam. Cool.
Who is this amazing band?

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Sorry I'm a bit confused, what album are they promoting? Is it Fortress or Blackbird? I know it's only the start of the tour, but bloody hell. I really hope they shake it up before the Cardiff show. It seems like they've taken all the decent live songs from ODR out of the set, played the minimal amount from Fortress to make way for more Blackbird :lol. I know the band don't really like ODR as an album, but Find the Real and Metalingus are brilliant live. Imo, the only Blackbird songs that need to played are Blackbird, Ties That Bind and White Knuckles. They've finally made an album where the majority of the songs will translate well live, and they're still playing Before Tomorrow Comes and Rise Today :lol

If I was to make a setlist, I think it would look like this..

Addicted to Pain
White Knuckles
Bleed it Dry
Find the Real
Farther Than the Sun
Metalingus
Cry of Achilles
Ghosts
The Uninvited
TTB
Cry a River
Calm the Fire
Blackbird
Fortress
Isolation
Slip
Open Your Eyes

When it comes to live shows and setlists, Alter Bridge remind me of my friend before of a night out who always claims he's gonna pull loads of girls, but in the club he's sat at the sofas on his own sipping a pint.

Tremontinator
Brand New Start

Post by Tremontinator »

No watch over you ?

Come on Myles !!!!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If I would've attended that show I would've been very disappointed.. I completely understand that they didn't want to play a lot of new songs in Orlanda, but Fortress has been out for more than 3 weeks here..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Somehow my hopes for more Fortress is pretty low for the NL and BE shows...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Eh. First show of the European tour. They have 20ish more to play more songs, plus the bill had Shinedown and Halestprm on it, I'm sure they wanted to give them a good amount of time. 17 songs is short for AB, they will play more.
Thanks Timo!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I don't think they will do more than 18 songs in the UK with three bands on the bill. There is only one support act in mainland Europe so I'm hoping for 19-20.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

BSC wrote:Sorry I'm a bit confused, what album are they promoting? Is it Fortress or Blackbird? I know it's only the start of the tour, but bloody hell. I really hope they shake it up before the Cardiff show. It seems like they've taken all the decent live songs from ODR out of the set, played the minimal amount from Fortress to make way for more Blackbird :lol. I know the band don't really like ODR as an album, but Find the Real and Metalingus are brilliant live. Imo, the only Blackbird songs that need to played are Blackbird, Ties That Bind and White Knuckles. They've finally made an album where the majority of the songs will translate well live, and they're still playing Before Tomorrow Comes and Rise Today :lol

If I was to make a setlist, I think it would look like this..

Addicted to Pain
White Knuckles
Bleed it Dry
Find the Real
Farther Than the Sun
Metalingus
Cry of Achilles
Ghosts
The Uninvited
TTB
Cry a River
Calm the Fire
Blackbird
Fortress
Isolation
Slip
Open Your Eyes

When it comes to live shows and setlists, Alter Bridge remind me of my friend before of a night out who always claims he's gonna pull loads of girls, but in the club he's sat at the sofas on his own sipping a pint.
I agree with this...that setlist looks pretty much excellent.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I think I know why Myles is in the middle. The arenas have a TON of space on the stage compared to Orlando and other places they play at. Maybe the distance between the drums/amps and Myles makes the noise bearable.
Yes this. In the smaller venues he'll more than likely be on the side. Depends on the acoustics on the big venues.
Photobucket cash grab.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

I hate to break it to all of you bitching about the set list, but even mr. wonderful set list, Slash (I know I've seen people rave about his and his inclusion of new songs), "only" played 5 AL songs at their first shows after release (which this was for AB). About a month after release they were playing 7, so it's still early. Chill out already.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, but that was because the album just came out when they did that show. Fortress has been out for 3 weeks here. Three weeks into their tour Slash & Myles were already playing 7 new songs. Before this they've been doing a lot of festivals where they played 5 new songs indeed, but this were shows where they only played 12 songs..

What I like about Slash is that he changes up his setlist every night. AB doesn't. And honestly, I think 7 new songs is still not much. They're playing 7 songs from Blackbird.. They could easily trade 3-4 Blackbird songs with Fortress tracks.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Timotheus wrote:If I would've attended that show I would've been very disappointed.. I completely understand that they didn't want to play a lot of new songs in Orlanda, but Fortress has been out for more than 3 weeks here..
Yeah, that was the reason they gave in Orlando as well...

Oh well, maybe they'll switch it up a bit tonight. There's no reason at all to be playing more Blackbird songs than Fortress.
For all of the hope that it brings...

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Since we're comparing Slash to AB, I may as well point out that Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt came out yesterday in the US, they've played 4 shows in support of the album, but there's only two songs they're yet to play from it. Although Pearl Jam even put Slash to shame when it comes to setlists.

I know it's early days, but given how excited the guys have come across about playing these songs live, I would have expected more Fortress songs, I don't know what they've been doing since the Orlando show, but I can only assume they've been rehearsing. Plus if you remove the Fortress songs, you've got pretty much the exact same setlist (minus some really decent songs) they've been playing repeatedly for years. It would be good if they shuffled it around a bit.