Listening to Addicted to Pain

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: Listening to Addicted to Pain

Post by Jim »

Possibly the best Flip has ever sounded..?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Them Bones wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:I honestly think this is far from plastic rock, I consider plastic rock things like Nickelback,I don't really get a nickelback vibe from any AB song. It's definitely not artificial, everyone is playing their instrument, Myles sings, without any sort of auto tune... It's pretty much straight up hard rock if you ask me.
Them Bones wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:
Them Bones wrote:but those that don't, there opinion clearly is valid and really do not care what you think.
That's pretty contradictory, this is becoming a theme for you! :fingerwag
Oh yeah, you said its contradictory, so it must be. Sorry Jesus.
Yeh I'm Jesus. What's it to ya?

Dude, do you see any of my posts negating anybody's opinion here? I don't think I've said "Oh, thats the thing that buggs me about this guys opinion," cuz hey, my opinion is better than yours"?

Stop interfering like a kid.

Oh yeah, about the Jesus thing, I kinda figured you were delusional now that you admit you are Jesus.
I'm just messing around, but I did find the first post a little contradictory. I see where you're coming from in your opinion, though. But I don't see it as 'plastic rock', sorry about that, didn't mean to offend you in any way!
Thanks Timo!

InfantChild
Brand New Start

Post by InfantChild »

Oh Shit this Song kicks ass!! Cant wait to see them in Dusseldorf.
ATP sounds a bit Nightwish´ish if they added some Epic Orchestral Keyboards

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jim wrote:Possibly the best Flip has ever sounded..?
I think so. Drums were the most impressive part of the song for me. Not just the parts he played, but the sound of them too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Jim wrote:Possibly the best Scott has ever sounded..?
I thought you were making a snide joke. Then I realized you meant Flip cause hardly anyone calls him Scott anymore. Then I did this face and made fun of myself. :facepalm :pout :hug

Edit: You JERK you edited to say Flip before I could finish my post!! lol

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

The bass drum sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear the official version.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

abw1987 wrote:And now, the play-by-play:

The solo is not one of my favorites, but I give Mark a lot of credit for trying something new. He could have resorted to his typical shred, into a descending legato run, concluded by a pinch harmonic. Instead he chose to be completely unpredictable. I like that.

That.

I am hoping to hear some crazy solos from Mark and Myles(am sure he is gonna shine). I think Mark had been mentioning in the interviews that he was looking for a different approach to his solos, and with what I've heard from few videos on he last few tours(tremonti and creed), I think Tremonti might actually be bringing something new to the table.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Them Bones wrote:I think Tremonti might actually be bringing something new to the table.
I find that very exciting!

My husband says Mark could belch the alphabet and I'd probably buy it though, so...

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Ashlee wrote:
Them Bones wrote:
AB23 wrote:Lol so butt hurt that it's a good song it's pathetic
Why would anybody be butt hurt if its a good song? You seem to really make some strange accusations. Try and stick to the thread instead of provoking and creating scene every single time. You bring shit to threads not people sharing some opinions.
This is honestly some advice you could follow yourself.

Now if we can all get back on topic please.
Am sorry, but if you expect me to not address a few posts dragging me in, then think twice, that aint gonna happen.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

This song is awesome! :headbang It was everything I'd hoped for when they said they were going for a high energy and heavy album, but at the same time it was still very unpredictable. Love it! They're continuing to push to be different while still keeping elements that were successful in the past, and it's paying off. Can't wait to hear the song in HQ.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ashlee wrote:
Edit: You JERK you edited to say Flip before I could finish my post!! lol
:lol

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

SimonLaursen wrote:I think the biggest reason behind this is that you can hear the huge influences 'Apocalyptic Love' has had on Myles and 'All I Was' had on Mark. Both as players and songwriters!

You can clearly hear hints of 'All i Was' in Marks riff. Myles vocals in the verses really gets me thinking of a song he could have done with Slash.

As others have pointed out, there is a certain MF4 vibe to Myles voice, which i have longed to hear ever since i heard 'Sick and Wrong' by them.
Agreed! I love All I Was and Apocalyptic Love, but I admit I've been slightly depressed that the projects have taken away so much time from Alter Bridge. But now I'm not so sure. I think they have really helped the band grow as songwriters.

Welcome to the forum! :rockon

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Them Bones wrote:
Am sorry, but if you expect me to not address a few posts dragging me in, then think twice, that aint gonna happen.
I was just hoping you'd go ahead and get back on topic.

Now, please stop being condescending, talking down to everyone and just get on with your day. If you need to take a break from your keyboard that's acceptable too. We're discussing the new single here, and I'm really not interested in sucking up more post space with the attention you constantly feel the need to draw to yourself - and then, as if for a laugh, have the audacity to tell others THEY'RE the ones provoking and then in the next breath telling them they bring "shit" to threads. Then wonder why people tell you you're contradictory.

Now you've been warned several times today to give it a rest. Just take the advice. We welcome your opinions, Lord knows mine vary from some of the norm here, but you cannot degrade, curse at and otherwise draw unneeded attention to yourself. There are better ways to make your point heard.

Anything else between you and I will be handled privately. Thanks.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

That ^

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

abw1987 wrote:
SimonLaursen wrote:I think the biggest reason behind this is that you can hear the huge influences 'Apocalyptic Love' has had on Myles and 'All I Was' had on Mark. Both as players and songwriters!

You can clearly hear hints of 'All i Was' in Marks riff. Myles vocals in the verses really gets me thinking of a song he could have done with Slash.

As others have pointed out, there is a certain MF4 vibe to Myles voice, which i have longed to hear ever since i heard 'Sick and Wrong' by them.
Agreed! I love All I Was and Apocalyptic Love, but I admit I've been slightly depressed that the projects have taken away so much time from Alter Bridge. But now I'm not so sure. I think they have really helped the band grow as songwriters.

Welcome to the forum! :rockon
I really like that when I read the lyrics to this song it seems like a collaborative effort between Mark & Myles. There are a lot of themes that they both have liked to use in the past. Sometimes you hear a song and go "Oh, I think Mark wrote those lyrics. Or, Myles wrote those." This one seems harder to nail down. To me at least, anyway.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I like these lyrics a lot better than some on ABIII. I agree with the above post in that mark and Myles likely collaborated on these lyrics. They sound very angry! Whoever said this reminded them of TTB is spot on.
Thanks Timo!

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Best he's sounded since 'Metalingus', I'd say.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ashlee wrote:I really like that when I read the lyrics to this song it seems like a collaborative effort between Mark & Myles. There are a lot of themes that they both have liked to use in the past. Sometimes you hear a song and go "Oh, I think Mark wrote those lyrics. Or, Myles wrote those." This one seems harder to nail down. To me at least, anyway.
I got the feeling Myles wrote them all...could be wrong, just seems like his style.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Andy92 wrote:
Ashlee wrote:I really like that when I read the lyrics to this song it seems like a collaborative effort between Mark & Myles. There are a lot of themes that they both have liked to use in the past. Sometimes you hear a song and go "Oh, I think Mark wrote those lyrics. Or, Myles wrote those." This one seems harder to nail down. To me at least, anyway.
I got the feeling Myles wrote them all...could be wrong, just seems like his style.
I drew that too because of the reference to a woman. That's not usually Mark's bag.
The lyrical content of the first verse sounds like it belongs on All I Was though.
I read into things. lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ashlee wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
I drew that too because of the reference to a woman. That's not usually Mark's bag.
The lyrical content of the first verse sounds like it belongs on All I Was though.
I read into things. lol
Haha yeah the chorus definitely seems like something Myles would write. I could see how the verses could go either way, but I still figure Myles wrote them if I had to guess.