AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by Inconquerable »

austinjhnsn wrote: I really hope they play the full album live, obviously not in one show, but over the tour, get all the songs in, I'll be a happy camper. And if they finally play Words, I can die happy...
So much this.
austinjhnsn wrote:ah okay. So if they mastered all 13 songs, no bonus tracks? I think it would be cool if they had a deluxe version with old demoes, and demo versions of the songs on Fortress. Might be a lot to ask, but hey why not, doesnt look like we're getting that box set anytime soon anyway.
Soundgarden did this with King Animal where they released demoes of the KA songs on certain versions of the album. I wouldn't mind it but I wouldn't go out of my way to get every copy to get all of the demoes, I'd just wait until they ended up on Youtube. =P

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'm sure they won't do it but it would be great if they did. It would be very cool if that happened, hearing how the songs were in the first place, we got a taste of demo versions with blackbird, which was cool.
Thanks Timo!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/njBtQYLGyP8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kWMoXx9qhso[/youtube]
Food for thought.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I loved the BB documentary.

Wish I'd see the making of AB3, but DC3 sucks, so...

Anyways, do guys you think we'll get to see the making of Fortress? The cameras were in the studio while they were recording.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The next sound and the story DVD with Mark and Myles sounds like it's going to have a lot of footage from recording on it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ubik wrote:The next sound and the story DVD with Mark and Myles sounds like it's going to have a lot of footage from recording on it.
I thought it was just gonna contain Myles and Mark showing their guitar parts off of the new album.

But it'd be cool if the DVD contained a documentary about the making of Fortress.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Doubt it'll be the full making of, but seeing them recording the lead parts will be fun, and more than we've gotten before.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Decay wrote:The cameras were in the studio while they were recording.
They also were during the recording of All I Was, loved that documentary! oh wait...
Formerly known as Benjami

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

^ Sad but true. But now the guys have 2 months to do whatever, which is a good time to get everything done and approved for release, like the sound and story. I hope they actually include a making of with the sound and the story.
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

austinjhnsn wrote:^ Sad but true. But now the guys have 2 months to do whatever, which is a good time to get everything done and approved for release, like the sound and story. I hope they actually include a making of with the sound and the story.
:yeahthat

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Think about it, they really have some time off for once, and no one seems to be touring or doing anything to kill time. Myles voice is getting a rest for once, which is definitely a good thing. Mark might take advantage to write for the solo project. They deserve the time off, especially Myles.
Thanks Timo!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Indeed. Although it's not all fun and relaxation. How long do WT rehearsals go on for? 2-3 weeks.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Decay wrote:
Ubik wrote:The next sound and the story DVD with Mark and Myles sounds like it's going to have a lot of footage from recording on it.
I thought it was just gonna contain Myles and Mark showing their guitar parts off of the new album.

But it'd be cool if the DVD contained a documentary about the making of Fortress.
I would like to see the deluxe edition of Fortress have that making of the album, so that I 100% know my trip to Best Buy to buy this album would be worth it and the $20 bucks I may spend.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

^ oh hey that's a good one, I'll probably wait buying the thing untill there is a special edition, like with 3.5...
Formerly known as Benjami

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'm 80% sure we wont get much "the making of" and vLog videos from Fortress.. That's the kind of stuff you get from bands who are actively interactive with their fans on a regular basis. Times have changed and AB don't reach out like they used to. We'd have already had some kind of media from them, but all we've had is an official press release

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Jim wrote:I'm 80% sure we wont get much "the making of" and vLog videos from Fortress.. That's the kind of stuff you get from bands who are actively interactive with their fans on a regular basis. Times have changed and AB don't reach out like they used to. We'd have already had some kind of media from them, but all we've had is an official press release
Yeah Jim, things have definitely changed lately. It's a different world, but regardless I still love the guys!
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

We can still hope:/ it would be such a waste though, to film the recording sessions and such, just to be thrown out like half the other plans made by them. I can still see blogs happening. All we really have now is the name of the album, we're getting the rest of the goodies soon, so no big deal if they hold off on the vlogs til we know more.
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

austinjhnsn wrote:We can still hope:/ it would be such a waste though, to film the recording sessions and such, just to be thrown out like half the other plans made by them. I can still see blogs happening. All we really have now is the name of the album, we're getting the rest of the goodies soon, so no big deal if they hold off on the vlogs til we know more.
Yeah, but I actually see and hope the making of Fortress gets to see the light of day. I remember Myles saying that they'd never film the entire recording process 'cause it'd be pretty boring to watch, but maybe some arrangements. (his words)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They also said they'd play WDTTW at Wembley..

Anyway, I kinda assumed we'd get some video updates of Fortress.. I don't expect anything huge, just some clips like Slash did for Apocalyptic love. I don't see why they'd hire all those camera's if they're going to to nothing with the material.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:They also said they'd play WDTTW at Wembley..

Anyway, I kinda assumed we'd get some video updates of Fortress.. I don't expect anything huge, just some clips like Slash did for Apocalyptic love. I don't see why they'd hire all those camera's if they're going to to nothing with the material.
Exactly. It'd be a waste of money.