The Last Hero Preorder Question

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Last Hero Preorder Question

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Here's a question, someone just told me about Best Buy selling a copy of the CD with an exclusive bonus track. Does anybody know if those of us who preordered from the website are also going to receive this bonus track? If not I guess I have another copy to buy

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Just looked on Best Buy's website and saw that the last hero is available for preorder at $37.99 what the hell is up with that? Did I miss something? That is an insane price for preorder

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Not sure what you are seeing. Here's the link to the BestBuy preorder for 14.99 with the extra bonus track Breathe.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/last-hero-o ... Id=5580453
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote:Not sure what you are seeing. Here's the link to the BestBuy preorder for 14.99 with the extra bonus track Breathe.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/last-hero-o ... Id=5580453
Breathe? Intriguing....... I really hope Best Buy didn't make a typo and, for some reason, they added Breathe Again for whatever reasons.

These are the moments why I always buy my albums at Best Buy.
TremontiFan4Life wrote:Just looked on Best Buy's website and saw that the last hero is available for preorder at $37.99 what the hell is up with that? Did I miss something? That is an insane price for preorder
Could be the Vinyl version. They also made another error. States that it is out 10/28/16

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-last-he ... d=32142484

Maybe, Gbruin's link is the right one. Hopefully.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The other one is probably an overseas import. Saw one on Amazon like that a few days ago.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

When I search this is what I get
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-last-he ... d=32142484

Thanks for the other link, bought my 2 copies. How did you ever find that

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

I just put in my The Last Hero pre - order with Best buy. 15 freaking songs and one of them from the ODR sessions is worth it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i want to just go pick it up, but i'm afraid it might not have the bonus track...wonder if i should preorder it.

if i do preorder, i'll have to preorder like 6 copies (1 for me and 1 for a few others who have asked) and then try to follow up with the money, but put the money down up front. not that i worry they won't pay, but it might be easier to just get the money then go buy once the album drops.
Photobucket cash grab.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Ryan wrote:i want to just go pick it up, but i'm afraid it might not have the bonus track...wonder if i should preorder it.

if i do preorder, i'll have to preorder like 6 copies (1 for me and 1 for a few others who have asked) and then try to follow up with the money, but put the money down up front. not that i worry they won't pay, but it might be easier to just get the money then go buy once the album drops.
Seems fair imo. Just set up a paypal account. Become the official unofficial TABN cd distributor.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'd be all over that Best Buy pre-order if I had more friends who listened to AB. I wouldn't like the idea of an extra copy just sitting around collecting dust. I'd just give them the copy I ordered off the official website, and then keep the Best Buy version for myself obviously, but I don't know if there is at least ONE person I could do this with. Guess I'll have to ask them and see.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I already did the Best Buy pre-order. I figured they'll have copies in the store, but I'm not missing out on a ODR track lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

Does anyone know what's happening for us overseas? Best Buy don't ship overseas so is there another way to get "Breathe" in AUS?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

This is probably your best bet. It's been done before when people overseas wanted Fortress with Outright (Never Say Die).
As for everyone else, you just got to find someone willing to buy copies of the album and ship it to you guys. Ryan's a reliable guy in that sense.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i'm picking up a few copies for some overseas folks...was gonna do the preorder in case my store doesn't have enough copies in store, but now it says it doesn't exist when i click the link.
Photobucket cash grab.

bigt7117
Brand New Start

Post by bigt7117 »

Is Best Buy not selling autograph copies? Brian said they were but I'm not seeing it. The only place I see selling them is Newbury Comics but shipping is expensive.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

bigt7117 wrote:Is Best Buy not selling autograph copies? Brian said they were but I'm not seeing it. The only place I see selling them is Newbury Comics but shipping is expensive.
Thanks for letting me know that Newbury comics has signed copies of the album. Originally that's all I wanted, just to continue my little string of signed albums. But now I've got five copies on order. I ordered the limited-edition T-shirt bundle with the signed poster from Alter Bridge's website, then I found out that Best Buy was selling the album with an exclusive bonus track so I bought two copies of that version of the album (one for myself and one for a fellow member of the board's that pm'd me) and tonight after reading your post spent another $24 (I think that's what it was) on a signed copy of the album. All in all I think I'm pretty close to $100

This album seems much different than past releases to me even looking at just the song titles. I'm really interested in hearing the whole album. In the beginning I didn't like Show Me a Leader, it took some time to grow on me because of the chorus but now it's one of my favorite songs. My Champion on the other hand was an instant hit to me I absolutely loved the song in the first time that I heard it

PT5150
Brand New Start

Post by PT5150 »

Any idea when the bundle from the AB website will be posted out ?
With release date being October 7th are they being shipped to Over Seas locations before.
I'm in Australia.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

PT5150 wrote:Any idea when the bundle from the AB website will be posted out ?
With release date being October 7th are they being shipped to Over Seas locations before.
I'm in Australia.
Not sure. I think they'll send an email update once it's shipped though.
Photobucket cash grab.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

Wasn't sure which thread would be appropriate or if it's been answered already....has anybody received tracking information? Preorders supposed to arrive tomorrow when the album drops and I was hoping it would arrive before the hurricane hits us down here.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

luke62 wrote:Wasn't sure which thread would be appropriate or if it's been answered already....has anybody received tracking information? Preorders supposed to arrive tomorrow when the album drops and I was hoping it would arrive before the hurricane hits us down here.
got my best buy versions yesterday