The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

atombaum wrote:It took me longer than normal to buy this album because i wasn't terribly enthused after streaming it. I keep trying and like a couple songs, but overall I feel its a flop. It just doesnt get me at all. Maybe 2 or 3 songs I like. The first two albums I like every song. 3 was ok and this one not so much.
Which 2-3 songs do you like, though? And what are the reasons for not liking the other songs?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Everyone has their own opinions on albums, so that's cool. What 2 or 3 songs do you put above the others?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

To reply to the last page, Cry a River is so-so for me. It's grown on me a bit. But there are so many better songs on the album. My singles would be...

AtP
Cry of Achilles (play that bitch in it's entirety! This generation has no Stairway To Heaven!)
Lover

if there is room for a 4th single, I'd choose either Bleed It Dry or Calm the Fire. I like CTF, but I'm not as loopy about it as some of you are.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, technically, Blackbird (song) should have been this generation's Stairway to Heaven, but we are living in a world where 6-8 min. epic songs on radio does not exist in modern radio, but Universal should have taken advantage of it (this is probably another reason why AB opts for no record labels in the States).

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Lover's still my least favourite on the record. The only part I like is the bluesy guitar part at the beginning

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Jim wrote:Lover's still my least favourite on the record. The only part I like is the bluesy guitar part at the beginning
Not even the "large ending" Myles did that Mark Tremonti himself didn't want to ruin with a solo? That's gotta be the part I like the most.

Decay

Post by Decay »

The part I like the most about Lover is from 0:00 to 5:17. After that, it sucks. :D

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Calm the Fire was one of the top songs on the record for me when it first came out, but lately, I've loved that song so much more! I can't describe the feeling when those contrasting riffs hit during the intro, but it's something special. If they released Calm the Fire as the next single, even with the cut intro, it'd still be an epic single.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Decay wrote:The part I like the most about Lover is from 0:00 to 5:17. After that, it sucks. :D
What?! The best part of the song starts at 5:17! Because that tells you it's going to start all over again! :lol ......if you have it on repeat, anyways :P

Decay

Post by Decay »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Decay wrote:The part I like the most about Lover is from 0:00 to 5:17. After that, it sucks. :D
What?! The best part of the song starts at 5:17! Because that tells you it's going to start all over again! :lol ......if you have it on repeat, anyways :P
Well, I usually start air-guitaring Peace Is Broken afterwards :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Uninvited is the next track...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Decay wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Well, I usually start air-guitaring Peace Is Broken afterwards :lol
:lol Damm, forgot that song follows afterwards. That riff sure is something! I want to see them play that song so bad on the sound & story dvd!

seems both Decay and I are thinking of a different track listing then, because AB4Lyfe just corrected both of us. :facepalm Unless Decay actually plays PiB right after.

Decay

Post by Decay »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Uninvited is the next track...
Yes.. But I play it last, along with Waters Rising. I don't know why, but I love closing Fortress with those two (when I play it on shuffle, anyways)
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
:lol Damm, forgot that song follows afterwards. That riff sure is something! I want to see them play that song so bad on the sound & story dvd!

seems both Decay and I are thinking of a different track listing then, because AB4Lyfe just corrected both of us. :facepalm Unless Decay actually plays PiB right after.
Yeah, that riff is a monster! :D :rockon

Umm, yes I do play PiB right after.. 'cause I usually play albums on shuffle, so I play The Uninvited and Waters Rising last.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Decay wrote: Umm, yes I do play PiB right after.. 'cause I usually play albums on shuffle, so I play The Uninvited and Waters Rising last.
When it comes to AB, it's never iTunes-shuffled. It's either album order, or I chose the next song manually. Having it on regular shuffle would be like "dam computer, I didn't want this song on next! :smashcomp" :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

:lol ^

When I play it on shuffle, it almost never plays The Uninvited or Waters Rising, till I decide to do so, manually... And I just love closing Fortress with those two :D

On the other hand... My PC listens to me, if it doesn't, I'd just give it a super-kick :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

I always start with Achilles and put it on shuffle
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Decay wrote::lol ^

When I play it on shuffle, it almost never plays The Uninvited or Waters Rising, till I decide to do so, manually... And I just love closing Fortress with those two :D

On the other hand... My PC listens to me, if it doesn't, I'd just give it a super-kick :lol
:lol Well I have a Mac not a PC soooooo.......

Decay

Post by Decay »

AHart96 wrote:I always start with Achilles and put it on shuffle
Hahaa, me too! :D ^
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Sooooo...? I'd RKO it. :lol

You must let it know who's the boss and who's the bitch.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Decay wrote:
AHart96 wrote:I always start with Achilles and put it on shuffle
Hahaa, me too! :D ^
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Sooooo...? I'd RKO it. :lol

You must let it know who's the boss and who's the bitch.
:lol I already told it, then it disconnected the internet connection, and killed both batteries in my mouse and keyboard :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
:lol I already told it, then it disconnected the internet connection, and killed both batteries in my mouse and keyboard :lol
Sorry to hear that you're the bitch :lol