Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
axlar
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself

Post by axlar »

answer of the year!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Hello, ABNation! I was a member of this site a long time ago as nick17_wywrd one, but when I decided to get back on recently, it acted like that account never existed. Confusion ensued, and now I'm Nick_917. Anyway, might as well re-introduce myself since it's been so long :D

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
I heard "Open Your Eyes" on the radio when it was first released. I liked it but wasn't too interested at the time because I was one of those who was like, "Creed with a new singer, so what?" Well, I decided to buy Blackbird in 2008 and everything changed. I'll leave it at that.

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
It's my first name plus my birthday. Wanted to go with something simple.

(3.) How do you spend your free time?
Playing videogames and listening to music.

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
Just one? Ok... Tracer.

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched?
Oh jeez...... last one I saw in theaters might have been Pixar's "Up". Last one I saw at home was probably "Talladega Nights" for about the tenth time. Lol. I'm not too big into movies for some reason.

(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?
I tend to open up to people fairly easily, so that's a tough question...
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

... You don't like movies? That's like not liking puppies

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Jim wrote:... You don't like movies? That's like not liking puppies
Well I mean I like them, but I'm not usually interested enough to catch "the latest hit". And it's weird because my dad is probably the biggest movie fan I know personally. Idk, I'm messed up like that :crazy

And I like puppies. Puppies are great :rockon
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

VibrantJackal
Brand New Start

Post by VibrantJackal »

Metalingus originally, although I only heard it on WWE, so when I 'discovered' it again later, I was pretty annoyed. Huge GN'R and Slash fan, so decided to check out Myles' other stuff...then spend all my time listening to that!

Vibrant was a football nickname I got, Jackal was part of my PSN account name, needed a new one for Steam and put the two together. Now it's my main online name.

Football, free-running (rarely now though due to prioritising other things), learning/attempting to play guitar, listening to music, bit of games and reading. But music is near always on in some level.

Guns N' Roses

Scott Pilgrim vs The World, on my flight back from Spain today.

I can't really think of anything! :3
I have to find a place where I belong, I do not like what I have become. No more compromise I will be gone, free to fly farther than the sun.

blackbirdgraphics
Brand New Start

Post by blackbirdgraphics »

A friend introduced me a long time ago to Creed. I had been stuck under a rock...lost and listening to ....Jesus H Christ I can't believe I'm about to admit this, the Spice Girls. Creed saved me haha. So I took a lot of crap in high school for being a Creed fan. Not sure why, I guess Scott Douchebag Stapp had something to do with it. Anyway, yea...been following Mark's progress as a musician ever since.

I was deeply inspired by the entire album of Black Bird, but more specifically the song. I've never experienced an epiphany until I heard that song for the first time at 3am with my iPod turned all the way up. I actually cried the first time I heard it hahahaha. Whatever, I'm man enough to admit it ; ). So after that I started giving a crap about my academics and it changed me. So it felt natural to name my Freelance Designer title after the song.

When I'm not interning as a Graphic Designer or painting, I pirate movies and enjoy a few cold ones.

Two way tie for this one. Disturbed and Device. I find David Draiman's voice empowering.

Busty Cops 6 (JUST KIDDING!!!)
Silver Linings Playbook. Good movie, Jennifer Lawrence is pretty hot!

Oh,...man uhm. I can't really answer that cause the closest ones know everything. They know all about my skeletons in the closet haha.

Merlin
Brand New Start

Post by Merlin »

Hi! i'm new here,

1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
I went to a Slash concert with my brother in 2010 and when i saw Myles on the stage I knew he was the best singer ever, so I checked out AB.

Well, he's just the mythic wizard

I write and read a lot as my goal is to be a writer, I listen to music, play the guitar (I try), ride my bike, watch tv, see my friends.

When I was 12 I was in love with Guns n' Roses, now i listen to Black Stone Cherry a lot.

The Hobbit (huge Tolkien and Peter Jackson fan)

Gee, my friends know pretty much everything about me, already!

OprahWinfrey
'O'

Post by OprahWinfrey »

I saw ads for ABIII on Ultimate Guitar and the ads looked cool but I never thought to check it out. Then I noticed Alter Bridge Live From Amsterdam on TV so I turned it on and have been a fan since.

Oprah Winfrey is a TV personality, famous from the TV show titled "The Oprah Winfrey Show." You may also know her from her very own TV channel, the Oprah Channel. She is a humble lady.

Playing guitar and making music. Playing basketball and tennis. Writing. Putting prizes under people's seats.

Audioslave

The Bourne Ultimatum

The Oprah Show is coming back!
Who knew Oprah likes Alter Bridge?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Lol. Welcome to the boards, Oprah. Looking forward to having you as a positive presence in our community.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Bees!!!

Post by zazthespaz »

OprahWinfrey wrote:(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
Oprah Winfrey is a TV personality, famous from the TV show titled "The Oprah Winfrey Show." You may also know her from her very own TV channel, the Oprah Channel. She is a humble lady.
Best unnecessary thing written yet! Welcome OOOOOOPPPPPPRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Best "newcomer of the year"!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Oprah plays guitar? I may have a newfound respect for her.

Also ouch, Timo... </3

=)

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Back in 2009 I had my own PSP. I thought I would use it mainly as an mp3 player so I searched for some bands on the internet. I was a reggae fan back then but I found out about AB and I was hooked to it. I am now a Hard Rock fan and not just a reggae fan. And I was not into metal but because of Alter Bridge, I embraced Heavy Metal for the first time!
Div is the first half of my middle name and Cruz is, well, my last name. It's now my main online username.
I spend my free time playing guitar and writing songs. Alter Bridge inspired me to play the guitar and eventually write my own songs and also be in a band, though I have no band yet. I also play basketball and I occasionally listen to music.
I enjoy Chris Cornell (Both in Soundgarden and in Audioslave as well as being a solo artist). He is one of my favorite Singers second to Myles Kennedy.
I watched Evil Dead last friday at home. Got into some horror marathon because I watched Sinister the night before that and Insidious just last week :lol
Uhh.. I don't know what they don't know about me. :shrug

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

DivCruz wrote:I was a reggae fan back then but I found out about AB and I was hooked to it. I am now a Hard Rock fan and not just a reggae fan. And I was not into metal but because of Alter Bridge, I embraced Heavy Metal for the first time!
Can you explain more about this. I would be fascinated to hear about how you found Alter Bridge. I simply cannot imagine being a fan of one genre, and suddenly seeking out artists of a completely different genre.

Also, if you were searching for rock bands, I imagine you'd find groups like Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, and Van Halen. Or if you were searching for modern rock bands, there are plenty of more popular bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Shinedown, Disturbed, and Staind. How did you discover Alter Bridge?

Welcome to the forums :cheers

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Would you guys consider Shaggy reggae? I've been listening to him a lot lately. Sometimes I just need to listen to uplifting music to get me through a stressful day, and he does it no problem

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Inconquerable wrote:Oprah plays guitar? I may have a newfound respect for her.

Also ouch, Timo... </3

=)
I was just fooling around! ;) you know you've got my heart! no homo

And I love the amount of new members!!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

abw1987 wrote: Can you explain more about this. I would be fascinated to hear about how you found Alter Bridge. I simply cannot imagine being a fan of one genre, and suddenly seeking out artists of a completely different genre.

Also, if you were searching for rock bands, I imagine you'd find groups like Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, and Van Halen. Or if you were searching for modern rock bands, there are plenty of more popular bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Shinedown, Disturbed, and Staind. How did you discover Alter Bridge?

Welcome to the forums :cheers
:cheers Thanks abw1987!

When I was still listening more to reggae back then, the artists that I listen to were mostly the artists that my brother listens to as well and so I thought that I haven't discovered an artist myself, or a band that I would proudly say I'm a fan of because I discovered them myself. I searched on the internet for artists, specifically Alternative Rock/Hard Rock infused with some reggae influences. I found some on wikipedia, I just typed in list of *input genre here* artists. I stumbled upon the lists of alternative metal and that's where I found about AB. I listened to Rise Today and I loved it! I downloaded the songs (yes, pirate but it is only because I didn't have money to buy records and also, here in the Philippines, they don't sell AB records!) but I didn't listen to it much but I could not remove it from my playlist. And every time I would listen to AB I get to love the sound more and more. That's when I crave more for the Heaviness but still melodic Alter Bridge. I tried to find some similar bands in terms of the heavy stuff and I did find A7X, Shinedown and some classic like Guns N' Roses and Led Zeppelin but I still stick to Alter Bridge up until today.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

AB23 wrote:Would you guys consider Shaggy reggae? I've been listening to him a lot lately. Sometimes I just need to listen to uplifting music to get me through a stressful day, and he does it no problem
I would consider him as a reggae artist. If I get that "feel good vibe" from artists saying they're reggae artists then indeed they are a reggae artist. :lol because some modern bands somehow imitate the reggae sound and assume they are within the genre because of the upstrokes of their guitar but the vibe is not actually there, they're just like trying hard to fit in to the genre.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I wonder if AB is going to have a reggae period at one point and put reggae aspects in their songs like Rush did. I'm not a reggae fan, but I like the allure and sound of it.