Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

Post by Jesterhead92 »

Hey guys, long time lurker here, kinda went through a "done with this band" phase and now I'm really enjoying them again.

1. Discovered Alter Bridge in lIke Sophomore or maybe Junior year of high school, YouTube recs blessed me with the Rise Today video and I was instantly hooked, followed soon by a full blown obsession when I heard the whole Blackbird record.

2. Been an In Flames fan for a long time, and Jester just stuck as a gamer tag that worked for everything. 92 is when I was born.

3. Write and play music, music theory analysis (well I try anyway), video games (Nintendo in particular), watch shit like Game Grumps on Youtube til my brain melts

4. The Dear Hunter is probably my favorite band of all time

5. The Steven Universe Movie

6. Not sure, I'm not really a secretive person tbh.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Welcome, Jesterhead! Glad you're back on the AB bandwagon with us. Cool to see an In Flames fan. I just posted an older Kamelot vid with Alissa singing on it a few days back.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Erik Must Go On
Brand New Start

Post by Erik Must Go On »

1. How did you discover Alter Bridge? I graduated in 04 and was already into rock and bought One Day Remains shortly after it was released. Admittedly, I had been a fan of Creed and knew this band had former Creed members, mainly Tremonti, but with a new lead singer. Immediately loved them way more as Myles Kennedy was insane! Had never heard of him before until Alter Bridge. The album as a whole was great but Down to My Last was a game changer for me. Have been hooked ever since.
2. What is the meaning of the username you chose? Nothing really deep but AB3 came out shortly before I was going through some hard times. I listened to Life Must Go On a lot and the song started to become more than just a song to me at some point. Now it's a song that will always sort of mean a bit more to me. Hence the admittedly "cheesy" username.
3. How do you spend your free time? With a full time job and two kids now in sports and activities I don't have a ton of free time anymore. When I do I'm usually watching sports, hanging out with the fam, or of course listening to AB.
4. What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? This is where I may confuse many of you. I was never a hard rock guy. AB is actually what pulled me into what I guess you would call harder rock. Growing up my favorite band was actually Matchbox20. I was also big fans of Shinedown and Seether as time went on. AB is so unique and they just grew on me. They could be heavy, yet melodic and with Tremonti's solos and Kennedy's vocals I have yet to find a band that really compares. Now when someone asks who my favorite band is, I say AB, and it's not close.
5. What is the title of the last movie you watched? I'm not sure. The last one I saw in theater was Avengers End Game, so we'll go with that I suppose.
6. What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? Not real sure. Probably that I'm a huge AB fan. I don't really have any merch or talk about AB with many people. I would but doesn't come up in discussion I suppose.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Welcome, Erik! Love the username :)

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

It's just occurred to me that I never posted an introduction, so I guess now is as good a time as any! I've been around longer than my account creation date would suggest, spent years lurking under a different username until losing access to the associated email :facepalm

How did you discover Alter Bridge?
First discovered Alter Bridge in 2012, a friend at the time shared I Know It Hurts on Facebook and 14 year old me fell in love with it. I asked him if they had any other good songs, at which point I was recommended Isolation (which was met with similar appreciation). By the end of the year I'd traveled so far down the rabbit hole that I could name every Alter Bridge song just by listening to the first 5-10 seconds of the track! They've been my favourite band ever since, and the unhealthy obsession has yet to temper.

What is the meaning of the username you chose?
Oh dear, It's a silly username and one I desperately wish I could change! Years ago I used to play a game called Heroes of Newerth, and one of my favourite heroes was named Revenant. So in a creative fashion, I robbed it. I'm also from the UK so GB felt appropriate somehow.

How do you spend your free time?
Primarily playing guitar and learning how to sing, as well as reading (philosophy, politics, fantasy, anything really). Couple that with the more conventional hobby of video games, and that's my free time spent. I also drink copious quantities of Yorkshire Tea, which is probably a hobby in and of itself at this point.

What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
Aside from every side-project relating to the members of AB? Oasis, more specifically Noel Gallagher.

What is the title of the last movie you watched?
It's been so long since I watched a film, I think it was probably Interstellar.

What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?
That I make Soundcloud posts of me performing songs for the purpose of singing progress checks, and that the first few are so desperately bad that no one but me shall ever bear witness to them.
Last edited by RevenantGB on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Skittler
Brand New Start

Post by Skittler »

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? - I was a fan of Creed since 1997 so I automatically followed everything Tremonti/Phillips did.

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? - Nothing really, just Riddler and Skittles put together :D.

(3.) How do you spend your free time? - Playing guitar/singing, studying world history, cooking, traveling, swimming, watching horror films

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? - Devilskin. Great female-fronted rock band from New Zealand.

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? - Wicked Witches (2018)

(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? - I have a foot fetish :shrug.

jkody00
Brand New Start

Post by jkody00 »

1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? - From Creed
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?- part of my first, middle and last name
(3.) How do you spend your free time? gym, outside, obsessing over AB music :)
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? 5FDP
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? Hobbs & Shaw lol
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? um.....
Blackbird fly away
May you never be broken again

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
Was listening to some SMKC and read something about how good Myles was in AB, look to the left and there is Blackbird in the suggested listens.

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
Was a SMKC song which I used to make my username on the GNR forum, I've kept it for all music forums.

(3.) How do you spend your free time?
I'm a full time student with on average 3-4 jobs and help run 2 sports leagues. My free time is usually spent with a record playing.

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
Iron Maiden and Scorpions can't really say just 1.

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched?
Honestly haven't had time so I think the last one was John Wick in terms of a new movie.

lavillasean
Brand New Start

Post by lavillasean »

New to the board here. I discovered AB in 2011 or 2012 I believe. I was watching the old Palladium channel which broadcast concerts and music documentaries. I stumbled on the Amsterdam show by accident and was immediately blown away by Myles and the energy of that show. I was a casual Creed fan but hadn't followed them for years so I didn't even recognize Tremontoi, Flip or BMarsh. Next thing you know I downloaded all their stuff on itunes and bought the blueray of Amsterdam. Now I have been to 9 AB shows. Can't get enough of them. Funny story about the last show I saw on 10/25 at HOB Orlando. After the show, my wife and I strolled down to Blaze Pizza in Disney Springs to eat. After that, we were walking back past the venue towards to taxi/uber stand and suddenly I see Tremonti walking by himself across our path towards the parking area. Probably an hour after the show ended. I told my wife I thought it was him and she said I had to be wrong. I quietly said "hey Mark, great show." He turned around and said "thanks man", gave me the rock on hand gesture and went on his way. Pretty cool stuff

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

lavillasean wrote:I discovered AB in 2011 or 2012 I believe. I was watching the old Palladium channel which broadcast concerts and music documentaries. I stumbled on the Amsterdam show by accident and was immediately blown away by Myles and the energy of that show.
That's pretty cool to hear! I never would have thought someone would just stumble across the band that way. To be honest I wouldn't even bother turning on Palladium unless I already recognized the band in the description. :lol Good on you for having an open mind! Glad to have you on board.

lavillasean
Brand New Start

Post by lavillasean »

abw1987 wrote:
lavillasean wrote:I discovered AB in 2011 or 2012 I believe. I was watching the old Palladium channel which broadcast concerts and music documentaries. I stumbled on the Amsterdam show by accident and was immediately blown away by Myles and the energy of that show.
That's pretty cool to hear! I never would have thought someone would just stumble across the band that way. To be honest I wouldn't even bother turning on Palladium unless I already recognized the band in the description. :lol Good on you for having an open mind! Glad to have you on board.
I think Palladium is now defunct, although there is probably a successor channel out there. They used to have some pretty good stuff (concerts and documentaries etc) and some stuff I didn't care for. Glad I found AB there though. And I even got my wife into them after that, especially with Myles and his great voice. She was 100% on board when I told her we need to go to Vegas in Feb to spend the weekend and see the show. Make a weekend of it and enjoy the show (hopefully a much longer show than the co-headlining gigs with Skillet were)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

lavillasean wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
I think Palladium is now defunct, although there is probably a successor channel out there. They used to have some pretty good stuff (concerts and documentaries etc) and some stuff I didn't care for. Glad I found AB there though. And I even got my wife into them after that, especially with Myles and his great voice. She was 100% on board when I told her we need to go to Vegas in Feb to spend the weekend and see the show. Make a weekend of it and enjoy the show (hopefully a much longer show than the co-headlining gigs with Skillet were)
It's still around, they just renamed it to MTV Live, which I suppose is more intuitive. It's cool to hear that the Amsterdam concert's run on that channel resulted in some new fans! I always tuned in whenever I saw it on the guide, and I kind of figured only existing AB fans like myself would ever be doing that.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

:headbang
Last edited by MaraCarr on Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Glad to have you with us, MaraCarr! :cheers

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Hey you! Thank you so much! Truly "A JOY" to be here... :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I do need to say that another band that I really love is TooL! :cloud9

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

MaraCarr wrote:I do need to say that another band that I really love is TooL! :cloud9
Nice! Looks like someone made a Tool thread in our Other Bands forum a while ago – what better time to revive it?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=290&p=7298

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Hi Mara, wonderful to see a new person! Greetings from a fellow writer ;)
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Hi Lotha, Thank you! Happy to meet you too! :)

sukidayo
Brand New Start

Post by sukidayo »

Hello,ABNation. I'm from Japan.
(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? Through Creed and WWE.
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? Secret.
(3.) How do you spend your free time? Listening to music,yoga,reading books.
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? Lifehouse
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? Asadake
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? haha what?