Listening to Addicted to Pain

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Listening to Addicted to Pain

Post by Ubik »

Seriously that harmony in the verse is as good as it gets, can't get enough of it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

My short review:

Listened to it once, thought the song was INCREDIBLE! :headbang

I'm now going to avoid listening to it anymore and won't listen to anything else until the album comes out, barring any radioplay that I might stumble onto (doubtful). This album could be massive!

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

The bridge reminds me of the bridge in Zero...just the "cry out" part!

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Post by AlterBlade »

TenaciousBe wrote:I can't wait for an official release of this. As I mentioned in the other thread, it sounds like the EQ is way off on this leak, as there's all but no bass (and I'm listening through my surround sound with the sub that usually thumps my floor). Even so.... BAD. ASS.
I can hear the bass fine in my headphones. But it follows Tremonti's riff so it's hard to notice. Hope they meant it when they said he has some awesome basslines in this record.

But this fucking song is still crazy, on my 7th listen so far.
I still live.... #2024
Vote: AlterBlade

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That's what I think. The bass isn't really hard to hear, it just follows under Mark.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

This song has SOOO much influence from the success of Mark's solo album, and I LOVE IT!!!!! Been a long time since they did a song that was this fast paced and heavy. Love the vocal harmonies, the guitar work is super crisp. Since it's a stream on YT you can't really appreciate the full quality of the song, but I don't fkn care lol! I will try my best to pace myself on listening too much. Dat bridge and solo tho......

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I mean it looks like they just said fuck it and released it... wonder what will be this years words mp3 release if there is one.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I hope it'll be The Uninvited :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/nh_NOkycLCw[/youtube]

EDIT: Timo beat me to it in another topic, feel free to delete.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Also, I have a pretty good feeling that there are gonna be multiple songs similar to the content of AtP. Lover and All Ends Well I think are all linked with it. Bleed it Dry and The Uninvited are logical possibilities as well.

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Post by AlterBlade »

I have the feeling this album might actually top Blackbird, one of AB's best albums ever imo.

Definitely better than Isolation and most of the songs off AB III, that's for sure.
I still live.... #2024
Vote: AlterBlade

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

This^^

The feeling I got from listening to AtP is so much better than the feeling I got after listening to Isolation. I don't even really like isolation to be honest

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I love how everything's blowing up, and we're just like: 'Meh, that's yesterdays news' :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

It's gona have to be a master piece to top blackbird...I can be persuaded though so I hope they try their hardest, all it means is we get some awesome music from an awesome band!! If it as good as blackbird or better dare I say it, this album could catapult them to serious heights within the music industry!! Bring it on!!!!!!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Yeah this song definitely kicks major ass. Much better than All I was.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

nagpo wrote:Yeah this song definitely kicks major ass. Much better than All I was.
Definitely. Having Myles as a singer can do so much. But even besides that, the melodies and the songwriting are better in this song too.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

jripper420

Post by jripper420 »

I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed in this song. I was expecting a lot more from this album than a continuation of Tremonti's "All I Was". Why is it that Mark has gone from someone who writes great melodies and riffs to trying to continue this defunct sound from his solo album. Yeah All I was had some great licks but it was lyrically challenged and almost 50% of the songs sounded so similar to one another. What the heck happened to Mark Tremonti? So much potential with Blackbird and ABIII and now we have to hear this and All I was. Somewhere along the line Mark definitely lost his ability to write great hooks and melodies. I said it once and I'll say it again. All of Marks success musically is in his past. Some of his best work indeed. I'm a huge fan of his but I really don't know why he's chosen this direction musically. It really makes no sense. I'd of rather had something sound great than heavy and all over the map. I give this song 2 out of 5 stars. A total head scratcher for a first single as well.It doesn't hold a candle to "Isolation"

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

^ This is just one song. I don't think it's fair the judge the entire album over just one song. Isolation was the most 'metal' song on AB III too.
But of course it's your right to feel that way. I think it's a bit more of a grower though. Don't give up on it yet ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

jripper420

Post by jripper420 »

Timotheus wrote:^ This is just one song. I don't think it's fair the judge the entire album over just one song. Isolation was the most 'metal' song on AB III too.
But of course it's your right to feel that way. I think it's a bit more of a grower though. Don't give up on it yet ;)

Maybe it will grow on me. I will give it a few more listens I'm sure. It's not terrible, it just doesn't sound like Alter Bridge besides Myles Singing. Don't get me wrong I love Myles voice when its in the context of a song that fits his musical style. This song sounds a lot like "You Waste Your Time", especially Flips drumming and Tremonti's guitar work. I'm holding out hope that the album rocks. AB and Creed are my Faves.