Listening to Addicted to Pain

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Listening to Addicted to Pain

Post by austinjhnsn »

RavishingRik wrote:Every video I've come across so far on youtube or vimeo has been blocked :(
You just gotta look for the right site, I'm not gonna say just cause board rules, but it's still out there of course.
Thanks Timo!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

THAT BASS DRUM. I'm going to have to refrain from listening too many times, but I don't think I could get sick of this song, to be honest.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Harry© wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Not digging it. I prefer Alter Bridge's early style. This is like Queensryche. Flip seems to have been inspired from Garret when it comes to Drums, not flip's style at all. It is too modern in terms of plastic sound.

The solos is killer though.

Its alright, hoping the rest of the album will be better.
Are you american?

No.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Harry©
Bought The CDs

Post by Harry© »

I don't know why record companies go out of their way to stop people hearing the lead single from a new album?

Music industry....wake up!

I think they still expect people to buy music without hearing it first.
This is a great chance to nab peoples attention to an up coming album.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I can't even describe to you guys how much more I like this than the first time I listened to isolation. Iso is very meh to me

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I love this song. Looking forward to listening to the other songs though but I think this is a good #1 single. Hope it goes up in the charts

luminousvanity
Brand New Start

Post by luminousvanity »

Before the third chorus kicked in, during my first listen, I considered it a disappointment. Now, after a few listens I enjoy it. It's good to see Myles has room to breathe - hopefully, that's the case throughout the album. It's definitely reminiscent of "Isolation", "Show Me a Sign", and "You Waste Your Time".

Overall, I'd give it 8/10, be it this isn't the greatest of quality of sound that will be available for download from the band.

Positives:

(a) Myles has more room to breathe
(b) The solo is bad ass. I love how it sends out one last 'cry' early during the last chorus.
(c) The chorus is great.
(d) Instrumentals sound pretty decent.

Negatives:

(a) Not entirely a huge fan of the lyrics, particularly during the verses.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'm getting everyone I know to listen to it... Myles sounds pissed in this song!
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Harry© wrote:Thats the thing thats always bugged me about Alter Bridge fans on a very general basis, alot of them preffer the soppy side where as I am all about the hard rock.
For me Mark is continuing the good work that hetfield started and Iomi before him....

You call that hard rock? Plastic Hard Rock, yes. But really? Dude, I understand with the kind of music you produce(yeah, I checked your links, keep at it) the kind of music you'd like. Am not dissing any of that, but you really need to listen to a lot of hard rock if you find stuff like this impressive. Its anything but new or different or unique. Marks riffs maybe decent, but as an entire song its nothing really great imo. A lot of people like it, thats great, but those that don't, there opinion clearly is valid and really do not care what you think.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

OK found it. Great lead single, just how I like them! \m/>_<\m/

jkyleuga
Brand New Start

Post by jkyleuga »

Don't post on here much at all BUT

If you watch Macca's avatar and listen to ATP they match up pretty perfectly and its hilarious :lol :lol

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Macca wrote:Can't believe the amount of people who bitch about production. God help you if you ever heard a black metal song.

Thats precisely why I find Black Metal extremely overrated. I grew out of the genre and have had friends try and make me listen to some bands, I never liked any.

The artificial feel just dosn't do it for me.

Although, I think this is the direction Alter Bridge will head into which am sure will make a lot on this board happy, personally, I am hoping the rest of the album is not this.

Alteredge
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Alteredge »

Anyone got lyrics ?? thansks

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Go to page 97ish of the Fortress thread, it's in there.^
Thanks Timo!

Harry©
Bought The CDs

Post by Harry© »

Them Bones wrote:
Harry© wrote:Thats the thing thats always bugged me about Alter Bridge fans on a very general basis, alot of them preffer the soppy side where as I am all about the hard rock.
For me Mark is continuing the good work that hetfield started and Iomi before him....

You call that hard rock? Plastic Hard Rock, yes. But really? Dude, I understand with the kind of music you produce(yeah, I checked your links, keep at it) the kind of music you'd like. Am not dissing any of that, but you really need to listen to a lot of hard rock if you find stuff like this impressive. Its anything but new or different or unique. Marks riffs maybe decent, but as an entire song its nothing really great imo. A lot of people like it, thats great, but those that don't, there opinion clearly is valid and really do not care what you think.

Not entirely sure what your point is but hey.
Whats plastic hard rock?
I'm 33, i've listened to plenty over the years believe me.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Them Bones wrote:

Holy shit.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

BSC wrote:I don't think Flip has been too inspired from Garret, in fact I'm glad he played the song as he did, if it was Garret playing there would be much more double bass, and it would put me off.
I don't know man, the drums sound like they were in ALL I WAS at times. The tone, the sound. I do not recognise flip and in a bad way. The bridge drums might sound impressive, but on repeat listens I am liking them less and less.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Them Bones wrote:but those that don't, there opinion clearly is valid and really do not care what you think.
That's pretty contradictory, this is becoming a theme for you! :fingerwag
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

RuRo wrote:
Them Bones wrote:

Holy shit.
Shit stirrer? :lol

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Them Bones wrote:
Macca wrote:Can't believe the amount of people who bitch about production. God help you if you ever heard a black metal song.

Thats precisely why I find Black Metal extremely overrated. I grew out of the genre and have had friends try and make me listen to some bands, I never liked any.

The artificial feel just dosn't do it for me.

Although, I think this is the direction Alter Bridge will head into which am sure will make a lot on this board happy, personally, I am hoping the rest of the album is not this.
Black metal? Artificial? What do you mean? Not trying to argue here, I just don't really know what you're referring to.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?