Alter Bridge live at Foxwoods Hard Rock Cafe

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge live at Foxwoods Hard Rock Cafe

Post by chtimixeur »

One of the highlights of their career.
Back when they weren't trying to be a metal band.
I miss that band.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

chtimixeur wrote:One of the highlights of their career.
I miss that band.
That band was evolved, but you'll always have the recordings to bring the good memories back.

What doesn't change anything is being bitter about it and complain in every single thread... you can either accept it and move on or let your attitude consume you.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Marcos wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:One of the highlights of their career.
I miss that band.
That band was evolved, but you'll always have the recordings to bring the good memories back.

What doesn't change anything is being bitter about it and complain in every single thread... you can either accept it and move on or let your attitude consume you.
I will say this. I've been on here for a few years now and chtimixeur is the main name I associate with negative comments about the music of AB or Tremonti. Are you even a fan anymore? Why are you still here?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Because deep down, I hope they'll someday come back to the sound that made me fall in love with them.
Mark now has his metal project.
Myles has his hard rock project and his solo project.
So, all planets are now aligned for a true Alter Bridge record.

It's a forum, may I remind you. We're here to discuss and confront opinions. I'm never insulting towards the band, but I for sure have an opinion about their musical evolution.
Where else am I going to talk about this band ?
I'm old school, and Facebook isn't my thing.

@Tonsofun88 : well, I actually like almost every record Myles, Mark and Stapp have put out. My issue is I haven't loved anything they've done since 2007, but I'm a hopeful guy and never give up on artists that made an impact on me.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

chtimixeur wrote:Because deep down, I hope they'll someday come back to the sound that made me fall in love with them.
Mark now has his metal project.
Myles has his hard rock project and his solo project.
So, all planets are now aligned for a true Alter Bridge record.

It's a forum, may I remind you. We're here to discuss and confront opinions. I'm never insulting towards the band, but I for sure have an opinion about their musical evolution.
Where else am I going to talk about this band ?
I'm old school, and Facebook isn't my thing.

@Tonsofun88 : well, I actually like almost every record Myles, Mark and Stapp have put out. My issue is I haven't loved anything they've done since 2007, but I'm a hopeful guy and never give up on artists that made an impact on me.
Well, why don't you ever show that? If you liked them I never knew, because you are always saying what you don't like about it. It's literally all negativity with you. I'm not saying that you don't LIKE any of their recent stuff, but how are the rest of us to know if all you post are criticisms? Try saying what's GOOD about it for once. Food for thought.

Stace
Bought The CDs

Post by Stace »

*like*

:wave Hey Sandy!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

chtimixeur wrote:So, all planets are now aligned for a true Alter Bridge record.
A "true" Alter Bridge record is a record that Alter Bridge put out. Period. There's nothing truer than the exact music the band is making right now, because that's what they do, that's what defines them musically, and that's Alter Bridge.

You might not like their new music as much as their old one, but saying that everything AB have done after ODR (or maybe Blackbird, don't know when you stopped loving their music) is not "true Alter Bridge" is just plain wrong.