ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by AllC392Was »

I would really love the band response to all of this! Seriously... If I were them then I'de be pissed

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

anyone tweet them?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i guess im just surprised that everyone is surprised. Like, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 15 times? uh. unprecedented

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I do appreciate the updates and they are willing to resend the box sets in a much better package.

The documentary is sooo cool!

AndrewW500
Brand New Start

Post by AndrewW500 »

Is it just me who is slightly disappointed that the band hasn't commented? It's absolutely not their fault, but I would have liked them to have said something by this point. Their reputation has taken some damage through all this too.

Each time I have discussed this with family, they have always asked why the band hasn't said anything/done anything about it. I've defended them as much as possible as like I have already said, it's not their fault, but the fact that it appears they aren't doing anything to rectify the issue isn't ideal. I've tweeted them a few times about the situation and I haven't received any replies...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Maybe they arent as associated with the BOX SET as we think...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Yeah I think they should come out with an official statement saying something.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I might be a bit crazy here; but when I look at the bigger picture.; I'm not actually as disappointed as I was originally.

Pluses
- The Box Set gave me all the albums (which I didn't have)
- The Box Set wasn't damaged
- I got a poster and an album booklet with signatures from the band (never had any signed items by the band)
- The interviews were very interesting (minus the reused footage)
- The images in the coffee table book were very cool to look at in such high definition; and the writing is interesting to read
- The concert DVDs in HD are nice to watch on a big HDTV rather than a small screen on the computer
- It's cool to see the band members and how they act behind the scenes

Minuses
-It took way too long to arrive
-No B-sides (unreleased)
-No Milan
-I didn't pay the extra $ for the engraving :eek
-No lyrics for ODR or B-sides
-Missing pages
-Lyric and song name typos
-Reused footage
-Duplicates of the same things (LFW/LFA)
-I don't have a decent enough record player for the records
-A lot of the videos; I've actually seen on YouTube before it was in the Box Set (concerts included)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I haven't seen/heard 4 of the 26 discs. And I'd imagine some of the interviews in the interview discs have been online from the past. Pretty much the unreleased material are the European Tour and Fortress docs.

12/26 discs are from Amsterdam and Wembley. 47%, almost half, of the content is between 2 shows that have already been released in the past. I mean I'm just rehashing what I said in November...never saw a $250 value considering most AB fans interested in a box set already owned almost everything included in it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

We all knew that. It wasn't about getting a bunch of unreleased new stuff. It was about owning a box set for the band from the last 10 years that there's only 3,000 of.

There's more interviews there than just what's online. Those were edited. These on the discs are not. They're the full interviews.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I know that was made known upfront. That's just why I wasn't personally interested in getting one is all. I guess the limited quantity part was a big selling point for people. I just didn't see the need to buy a bunch of discs twice. But I won't fault anyone that wanted it as a collectors item.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: so you'd only have that disc once!

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:I know that was made known upfront. That's just why I wasn't personally interested in getting one is all. I guess the limited quantity part was a big selling point for people. I just didn't see the need to buy a bunch of discs twice. But I won't fault anyone that wanted it as a collectors item.
Devil's advocate, you still don't own a physical Blackbird album and just got ODR this month :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol well the iTunes version of Blackbird came with a PDF of the booklet, so...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: You're not cool Andy. Get a real CD.

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:Lol well the iTunes version of Blackbird came with a PDF of the booklet, so...
BUT YOU CAN'T SET IT ON FIRE SO IT'S NOT THE SAME
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Blackbird was actually the CD I wanted to get signed at Rock on the Range, but they weren't selling it.

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

AndrewW500 wrote:
Less than 5% of the orders were affected.
Whatever... He just makes up all of these numbers. Complete liar.
STONE. FACED. LIAHHHH!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Got it! No damage to the actual box set, but the box it was shipped in was crappy, but i tossed it, no use in keeping that eye sore. I'm missing the ABIII page... Would someone be nice enough to send me a pic(s) of it/them, through pms, i just wanna see em.. Im gonna email them, but im glad its in good condition.
Thanks Timo!

jeffro5422
Brand New Start

Post by jeffro5422 »

Just dropping in to see what the reaction was over here.

Like many of you, I have a damaged product, missing pages, and unplayable DVDs. The worst part is to see a situation handled so unprofessionally be associated with the band. The guys are such genuine and humble individuals, and its really a shame that this won't be a pleasant memory for many of the core followers. I think the DC3 team is lucky that most of the die hard AB fans care enough to have even hung on for this long, through countless delays, excuse, errors, and attacks. It really speaks to the dedication of the loyalists that have supported the band from day one.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Got it! No damage to the actual box set, but the box it was shipped in was crappy, but i tossed it, no use in keeping that eye sore. I'm missing the ABIII page... Would someone be nice enough to send me a pic(s) of it/them, through pms, i just wanna see em.. Im gonna email them, but im glad its in good condition.
I dont understand... how is it in good condition if you're missing an essential component? As in, 25% of the band's history?

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

MKuzmenko wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Hate to do this while so many are facing issues, but...... those who have their "products" with them, would anyone be kind enough to rip the fortress documentary and the European tour disks and share it with the other fans?

Seriously? I don't comment much on here... but this guy... seriously?
:P

But...... I don't understand your reaction. What? Am sure there are half the people on the forum and others are waiting for rips, whats the point in being a hypocrite?
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..