ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote:FFS tb how can you even argue this. The answer is no... the band is not dtf with their shit being passed around for free. Hell, a few months ago at the concert I was at, right before they played Achilles, Myles said "So, who there has actually bought the new album?!" And then "and how many of you guys found a way to listen to it for free" in a much more somber tone.
I bought the album twice, myles. :(

Anyways, nobody makes money off of albums sales anymore.

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

nagpo wrote:
AB23 wrote:FFS tb how can you even argue this. The answer is no... the band is not dtf with their shit being passed around for free. Hell, a few months ago at the concert I was at, right before they played Achilles, Myles said "So, who there has actually bought the new album?!" And then "and how many of you guys found a way to listen to it for free" in a much more somber tone.
I bought the album twice, myles. :(

Anyways, nobody makes money off of albums sales anymore.
They still make more than if someone illegally downloads it, though.

Also, bands often book gigs in cities based on sales of the record(s). So if you want AB to come near you, you should buy the album and encourage others to also!

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

Anyone wanna guess odds that AB breaks ties with DC3 after the box set (and maybe Milan) is all over with?

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I will throw a party on the day that that happens and I will start a twitter movement #DownWithDC3

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

ABFan34 wrote:Anyone wanna guess odds that AB breaks ties with DC3 after the box set (and maybe Milan) is all over with?
Definitely. I knew something was off from the very beginning that's why I didn't order. This thing has been handled wrongly since the very beginning.

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

@Them Bones:

Am I allowed to be self-righteous? Because you're right, DC3 didn't make it. But you're wrong about the band. They had no part in it, other than letting us film them.

You want to know who made it? A small group of cameramen, a sound person, and two editors. Once filming was done, those editors (myself and Leslie Atkins) worked day and night for a month to edit the picture and get it locked in time for the release that was supposed to happen in January. I even went so far as to come in nights and work for free after having quit the City Drive, so that it could get done.

So yeah, when someone takes something that I worked really hard on and was hardly paid for, and a lot of other people worked on and still haven't been paid, and then asks for it for free, it pisses me off.

YOU should grow up, and realize that when you ask for a rip, you are taking money out of people's pockets. Not rock stars or directors, but people who work damn hard for a living.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

guys its not their fault. i mean, the man that epitomizes character said so.

disclaimer: my true identity is not to be passed around cuz im not about to get sued for my freedom of fuqqin speech

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

AB BATMAN wrote:@Them Bones:

Am I allowed to be self-righteous? Because you're right, DC3 didn't make it. But you're wrong about the band. They had no part in it, other than letting us film them.

You want to know who made it? A small group of cameramen, a sound person, and two editors. Once filming was done, those editors (myself and Leslie Atkins) worked day and night for a month to edit the picture and get it locked in time for the release that was supposed to happen in January. I even went so far as to come in nights and work for free after having quit the City Drive, so that it could get done.

So yeah, when someone takes something that I worked really hard on and was hardly paid for, and a lot of other people worked on and still haven't been paid, and then asks for it for free, it pisses me off.

YOU should grow up, and realize that when you ask for a rip, you are taking money out of people's pockets. Not rock stars or directors, but people who work damn hard for a living.
holy fuck this thread is hall of fame

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Hey AB Batman I'm curious to know your thoughts on the current situation being as you no longer work for them

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

he cant do that publicly. lol just trust me.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

ok then can somebody pm me lol I'm curious

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:ok then can somebody pm me lol I'm curious
Does it really matter anymore? :shrug

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

AB23 wrote:

I do not get your post or anyones here. Dint you read???????? I said, I'd buy it anyways that is if the product was released.The documentary is not released. Are you saying all those fans of the band out of the 3000 who bought the boxset will not get to see it?

And, all this jazz about musicians are struggling and do not want their music to go for free is total BS. I understand at its core level, cuz even Ive been a part of having a life in music and now with running a guitar store. At the end of the day, when a band starts whats most important for a band ? making their music known. They might wanna have a grand lifestyle, but they writ music to get out there, not essentially to make money. They dont care about getting paid. Ofcourse its important for musicians to be paid, the should be, but thats not the agenda of an "non commercial" artist right?right? . but nones gonna pay if they dont even know what the music is like.You get the point here? All those fans who care about the band are anyways going to end up buying the album or whatever, but all those who do not seem to care other than being a casual fan will not buy anyways.
So whats important here? To make most people know about your work and like it and turn into potential customers? Or keep to a small fanbase just cuz they have the money to pay for it?

You know eventually all of this material will be ripped and circulating, watched by many millions, generating their interest in supporting your "product". Nobody starts buying an album these days without having followed the band for a while. I myself am a collector of original discs and vinyls, dosn't mean I cannot keep checking all the free music thats around. If I really like something I'd buy it..
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Them Bones wrote:
AB23 wrote:

I do not get your post or anyones here. Dint you read???????? I said, I'd buy it anyways that is if the product was released.The documentary is not released. Are you saying all those fans of the band out of the 3000 who bought the boxset will not get to see it?

And, all this jazz about musicians are struggling and do not want their music to go for free is total BS. I understand at its core level, cuz even Ive been a part of having a life in music and now with running a guitar store. At the end of the day, when a band starts whats most important for a band ? making their music known. They might wanna have a grand lifestyle, but they writ music to get out there, not essentially to make money. They dont care about getting paid. Ofcourse its important for musicians to be paid, the should be, but thats not the agenda of an "non commercial" artist right?right? . but nones gonna pay if they dont even know what the music is like.You get the point here? All those fans who care about the band are anyways going to end up buying the album or whatever, but all those who do not seem to care other than being a casual fan will not buy anyways.
So whats important here? To make most people know about your work and like it and turn into potential customers? Or keep to a small fanbase just cuz they have the money to pay for it?

You know eventually all of this material will be ripped and circulating, watched by many millions, generating their interest in supporting your "product". Nobody starts buying an album these days without having followed the band for a while. I myself am a collector of original discs and vinyls, dosn't mean I cannot keep checking all the free music thats around. If I really like something I'd buy it..
you just refuted your entire argument with that last sentence. if you dont like it, then why do you care to listen to it for free...

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Them Bones wrote:
AB23 wrote:

Oh, you run a guitar store? I didn't know that! Then you must know everything about how the music industry works. I'm sorry... I didn't know.

A few things though:

1) This is a DVD, not a music release, that you are asking about. It is a DVD which I had a part in filming and I had a huge part in finishing. It has nothing to do with music releases, other than that it is a film about a band.

2) Yes, the intended idea was that it is exclusive for the people who bought the box set. The idea is, in fact, that they get to see it and you don't.

3) This is a band that has barely made any money in ten years. They've mortgaged houses to buy out of contracts with old labels, and broken even on tours. They very much care about making money on the content that they release, because they are not some band starting out. They've been out for ten years, and three of the band members were previously in one of the biggest bands from '98-'02. They know what it is like to make millions and have lost millions.

4) Your argument is the same as every other douchebag who used and abused Napster and other file-sharing and streaming applications and forced the music industry to where it is today: barely alive. Keep up the good work!

Lockstar
Bought The CDs

Post by Lockstar »

The whole idea of the box set was for the 3000 "fans" that paid for it got something exclusive that will be unavailable anywhere else. That is why the majority of us who purchased it did so. It's not as if we don't already have all their CD's & DVD's that have been released. This age of entitlement saddens me & doesn't help the bands we love put food on the table or contribute to continue recording if people just expect everything for free. You want it, you pay for it. Don't expect a rip.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

the argument of ripping the documentary is stupid and I regret saying what I said which is why I changed it. Them Bones, give up, there is no way you can justify your position. I don't know who you plan on getting it from but it won't be me and I doubt anyone else will be willing to give you something for free that they had to pay a substantial amount for.
Last edited by TremontiFan4Life on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: not expressive enough enough tho

Post by Timotheus »

This is closer to what I was expecting.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The funny thing is someone on Army of 12 made a similar comment that Them Bones did just a few days ago about artists not caring about the money they make off music sales, and Eric Friedman ripped the guy apart. I've seen Erock have to sale his personal gear the past few months just to provide for his family.

Look, I have a Spotify account to stream certain music, but if I like a CD enough to play it multiple times, I buy it to support the band financially. I've bought iTunes versions and CD versions of the same album before when it comes to bands like AB. And when they release bundle deals at album launch that include merch like a shirt and a poster, I try buying those.

Ripping music isn't "new" per se. If you never had a friend give you a burned copy of a CD (a cassette depending how far back ya go :P ) then I'd be highly surprised. The problem is that the internet makes passing around a copy of an album go from a few friends to thousands and thousands of people. That affects people financially.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

This thread is nothing but negative comments and I think its time to put this thread to bed