ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

JSlade wrote:I have screenshots of my friend's conversation with Flip, but I'd rather not post it. Just wanted to let you guys know that the band knows that Dan is being shitty again.
Although I would love to know what Flip said I completely understand and respect you not wanting to make that public. It is just great to know that not only does the band know but at least one of them has seen or will see visual evidence and are mad about it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

JS, I kinda expected you wouldn't share them, but now that you've send them to AB23, do you mind sending them to me too? I won't do anything with it of course.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

I didn't send AB23 anything, actually. All I said was "What's up?"

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

:facepalm :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

This is huge cluster****. We all love this band, and the box set was supposed to be a great addition to their catalog, but so far it's just been bad experience after bad experience. In the screencaps I have, Dan says that the fans are making the band look bad. It's both ironic and sad that he thinks that.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I sent them an email saying in part

I watched the latest video that was posted and I strongly disagree with one comment that was made. The things that fans are saying on the Facebook page are not what is damaging the band's reputation, this box set is. No matter what reason anybody wants to give for the laundry list of delays that have been associated with this project the only one that was understandable was the weather delay. Everything that followed was completely and totally unacceptable

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Sue him. He's literally given us less than half the value and quality of what we all payed for, fucked so much up along the line, and yet still blames the fans, acts like a pure asshole to people who were his "friends"? Fuck him. There is no one else to blame but him in this whole situation, and he knows it. Blaming the fans is the last thing he should be doing, b/c now I'm almost positive the bands gonna do something. Us and them deserve better.
Thanks Timo!

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I would sue him, unfortunately I don't have the money or resources necessary to do so. In fact I could barely afford to buy this box set but I did so out of my love for this band and the fact that they have helped me through so much including the death of my dad.

If there is any kind of class-action lawsuit brought against him by the fans that has been wronged I would definitely jump in in a heartbeat.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Can't just sue someone for no reason. I mean, obviously if you have a defected product in any way and he refuses a refund, you can probably sue him for that.

If you wanna make big money though you're gonna need proof that he was lying about something. Whether it was a delay, content, or a physical amenity of the product. Fraud will land you some big money if you play your cards right

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I'm sure that there is something he can be sued for, not that I'm being litigious. I'm just saying that there's so much since been mishandled during this whole process. The only thing we really have to go by if anything were to be done that I know of is the statements that were made previously in this thread by AB Batman where he said that the reasons being given for the delays weren't the actual reasons and that Dan was under heavy pressure by the band to get the box out sooner rather than later.

Even if I had the ability to sue him I wouldn't do it for the money, to be quite honest I would do it with the sole intent to put them out of business so he can no longer pollute the world with his poor character, unprofessionalism and horrendous business practices.

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

All you guys are talking about suing people and I'm over here just enjoying this box set.

:rockon

AndrewW500
Brand New Start

Post by AndrewW500 »

AB23 wrote:Can't just sue someone for no reason. I mean, obviously if you have a defected product in any way and he refuses a refund, you can probably sue him for that.

If you wanna make big money though you're gonna need proof that he was lying about something. Whether it was a delay, content, or a physical amenity of the product. Fraud will land you some big money if you play your cards right
Surely he DID lie about the 3D Wembley DVD being sent out? There is proof of that in the product descriptions...

hgwy407
Brand New Start

Post by hgwy407 »

I really wanted to have the band sign my box set at the M&G next month in LA. With all that is gong on with this, I'm very uncomfortable approaching the band with it. It could be a little awkward now. Sad.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

EDIT: Read further, nevermind lol
Last edited by AHart96 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

hgwy407 wrote:I really wanted to have the band sign my box set at the M&G next month in LA. With all that is gong on with this, I'm very uncomfortable approaching the band with it. It could be a little awkward now. Sad.
I'm sure they'll still have no problem signing it! It's not like it's your fault the project went awry.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm sure they'd sign it. If you pay $250 for a product with their name on it, they wouldn't raise a stink over it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I wonder what the guys would say if you brought your box set to them to be signed... "IM SOOOOOO SORRRYYYYY!"

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

AB23 wrote:I wonder what the guys would say if you brought your box set to them to be signed... "IM SOOOOOO SORRRYYYYY!"
:lol :lol :lol

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

MKuzmenko wrote:
JSlade wrote:I have screenshots of my friend's conversation with Flip, but I'd rather not post it. Just wanted to let you guys know that the band knows that Dan is being shitty again.
Please do not ruin your friends trust and relationship by forwarding or sending on. I know what you have I just don't want the friend you referring to having his trust lost.
If you had read my posts, you'd know that I have not done that and that I said outright that I wouldn't post the screens.

Edit:

Just read all the uploads in Mike's album. Man, Dan is really a piece of work. Threatening to go tattle to the band about "negative fan comments"? Saying that no more AB videos will come out because of a select few people? Fuck you, Dan. That shit is going to blow up in his face and he doesn't even realize it. I would bet on the rest of my natural life that he gets fired by AB. Also, he is quite possibly the single worst business owner I've ever seen.
Last edited by JSlade on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

nagpo wrote:I'm disappointed that it has come to this but I saw it coming, that's why I didn't pre-order. I mean, why would I blow such a large amount of money on something that I don't even know whats going to be on it? They never confirmed anything, their was always some kind of error with a label or delay or something wrong.

And I think the biggest thing people wanted was some sort of b-side or new music. This was supposed to be the end all greatest AB collectors set. I really wish their would have been some new music released, that's what really kills this for me. The entire thing feels mismanaged. And everything this Dan guy seems to touch turns to shit.
A post I made back in January on the 15th in this thread.

I saw this shit coming. If only you guys had listened :wave .