Edge Comments on Changing His WWE Theme, Alter Bridge Live

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Torsten
Loyal Follower

Edge Comments on Changing His WWE Theme, Alter Bridge Live

Post by Torsten »

Edge Comments on Changing His WWE Theme, Alter Bridge Live Performance & More

As noted earlier, former WWE Superstar Edge spoke with Journey of a Frontman. Here are a few highlights:

WWE replacing Rob Zombie’s “Never Gonna Stop” as his theme with “Think You Know Me”: “Replacing ‘Never Gonna Stop’ wasn’t my choice. The copyright ran out on Never Gonna Stop. And the way that started is, I tore my labrum in my shoulder, but I didn’t get surgery, so I ended up having a month off. So I threw a shot in the dark. I always hated that ‘You Think You Know Me’ music because it never fit me and what I actually listen to. I had actually said that I wanted to use this Black Label Society song and they were like, ‘Okay, well here’s our version of it.’ And it just sounded like a bad ripoff with this cheesy voice. The guys that did Big Show’s music and they did this version of Black Label and it was just not good. It just sounded like a bad ripoff. Rob Zombie, he had a new album coming out, ‘Can we get this?’ A shot in the dark. Next week, they brought me a copy of the CD, The Sinister Urge, and I was just like, ‘Oh, really? Holy s–t!’ I didn’t think that was gonna happen. So I had four tracks and they said the album hasn’t been released, so you can’t let anybody hear this. And I said, ‘Okay. Never Gonna Stop.’ I come back from an injury, that makes sense. So I used it, really, really liked it. And then when I came back from the neck injury, they were like, ‘Okay, well we can’t use it.’ And also if you watch DVDs, it’s never on the DVDs. So they piped in my original music.

“When I was out with my neck injury, I met Mark Tremonti. I met him at a Metallica show, actually. And I went back to his place after and he played me what would end up being the first Alter Bridge album. I heard Metalingus and I was like, ‘Dude, can I use that when I come back?’ And he said, ‘Yeah! Of course!” So that ended up being the genesis of it and when I heard it, it was actually Mark singing. It hadn’t been Myles yet. So it was in its infancy, but I had heard that song. I was like, ‘Okay, that’s gonna be what I come to the ring to.’ And that’s how that all started.”

If there was ever discussion of Alter Bridge playing his theme live at a WWE event: “My whole idea to me is if you’re a heel in wrestling, you should not having a band playing for when you come out and people will react in a positive way. And I never wanted them to react in a positive way. So it never made sense to me when Motorhead showed up and did Triple H’s song, you’re supposed to be a heel. They’re now gonna cheer you because you just had Motorhead playing you to the ring. So, to me, it just never fit. I was never a babyface at the point where it would have worked out. So, we kind of missed the boat on that. Looking back at Wrestlemania 24, I wrestled Undertaker in Orlando, which is Alter Bridge’s hometown. That would have been the perfect night to do it. But I was the bad guy. If I had done that differently, it would have been a very cool moment for all of us.”

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Edge Comments on Changing His WWE Theme, Alter Bridge Li

Post by AllC392Was »

somebody had posted this earlier brother. But thanks!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, I've already stated that in the Fortress interview though creating a thread would get a lot of better mileage on that discussion.

Here was my reaction on AB never playing Metalingus live at Wrestlemania.
Arghhhhhh!!!!!!! If there was one chance, one chance, for AB to play Metalingus live at a WWE show, the best shot would have been at Wrestlemania 27, where Edge was the face, and the champion, and that it was his last match ever. Nerts on what could have been.
I think it would have worked. Even if Myles was still touring with Slash or Mark was working with All I Was, during that time, they could have taken a day off just for this occasion.

Though, if they were going to play it like the way they did back then, people might have complained that it was insanely fast and I don't want to explain why they did that.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, it's already been posted, but what the hell :D

I always enjoy reading that stuff. Too bad they never got to play Metalingus for Edge, though. He's always been and forever will be my favorite WWE Superstar.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

That segment on RAW, although slightly cheesy, was really cool. I just wish they had played more of Find the Real!

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

Does anybody else REALLY want to hear the version of Metalingus where Mark sings?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

For some reason, I have a feeling that if he put his first vocals on metalingus, he likely put his vocals on the first versions of other songs. Broken Wings was the first song they completed right? It would lead you to believe he sings on that song too

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Yeah I would love to hear demos of Mark on lead vocals with songs like Metalingus/Broken Wings/Open Yours

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Funny thing... I was in Orlando on vacation in july 2003 (while Edge was rehabbing). We were at Universal Orlando and leaving the park when everyone was like... "hey Edge and Stacy Keibler are over at the Nascar Cafe. So I ran over and got their autographs. Very cool, and unexpected moment. This would have also been around the time that Mark was doing the ODR material. Makes me wonder if it was that fateful trip where Edge met Mark.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yes, I'd love to hear Mark singing in that demo of Metalingus...I'd love to hear all of them. That's the kind of stuff that should be in the box set. Demos of the songs...first versions of the songs (i.e. Buried Alive, Ties That Bind...think pinkpop). Oh well.
Photobucket cash grab.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Ryan wrote:Yes, I'd love to hear Mark singing in that demo of Metalingus...I'd love to hear all of them. That's the kind of stuff that should be in the box set. Demos of the songs...first versions of the songs (i.e. Buried Alive, Ties That Bind...think pinkpop). Oh well.
I asked Dan on FB if the early demos of Mark singing would be on it and he said no

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Didn't someone from the board (ABB) hear the MT demos back in 03-04? I vaguely remember someone talking about it back in the day.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

JaredWard wrote:Didn't someone from the board (ABB) hear the MT demos back in 03-04? I vaguely remember someone talking about it back in the day.
I remember this too -- at least one fan got to listen to the demos in Mark's yellow Hummer.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Mark & Myles cover of Fuzz (Sweden) december

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ryan wrote:Yes, I'd love to hear Mark singing in that demo of Metalingus...I'd love to hear all of them. That's the kind of stuff that should be in the box set. Demos of the songs...first versions of the songs (i.e. Buried Alive, Ties That Bind...think pinkpop). Oh well.
Don't worry there's a dozen versions of Wembley to watch.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Torsten wrote:Mark & Myles cover of Fuzz (Sweden) december

Somebody remind this dude what thread he is in....

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

:yeahthat