Alter Bridge to rock Carolina Rebellion!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge to rock Carolina Rebellion!

Post by austin. »

I don't know really, I didn't have a great time, was a clusterfuck and was no where near the front. Fuck festivals.

NSL
Brand New Start

Post by NSL »

anguyen92 wrote:Here's the setlist I found via somewhere on twitter. I hate US rock festivals.

http://instagram.com/p/nmCoNEAQ8c/#

Came here to post this (that's my setlist/page). Got the band to sign it afterwards. Grabbed a cheap ticket off craigslist just to come see this set. Wish they could have gotten a longer set but I had a great time. Was nice to shake their hands and get a signed setlist. That was my first time seeing them in 6 years.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Wish I had been there. Had to work all day. Fun.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't know if I'm big on Blackbird for a festival setting. It can work, but I think it'd work better if they were headlining or direct support and had more time. With that length of set, I'd cut Blackbird and add in Bleed It Dry and one other song, maybe White Knuckles. It works pretty well at festivals.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Still looking for Peace is Broken to debut. Maybe it just isn't in the cards, but that song has "festival" written all over it.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I was there and it was awesome to me but it was also my first time seeing them live. I was somewhat near the front, we went there as soon as it cleared from Fuel. Me and my friend pretty much got smashed, there wasn't any moshing where I was but a ton of crowd surfing. For some reason it was big ass guys that kept surfing and I'm only 5'5 and my friend is 5'3, not what we consider fun but everyone around us was super nice and kept trying to make sure people didn't land on us. Also there was a crap ton of women flashing so I guess that's a plus for AB?

NSL
Brand New Start

Post by NSL »

Jhenrid wrote:I was there and it was awesome to me but it was also my first time seeing them live. I was somewhat near the front, we went there as soon as it cleared from Fuel. Me and my friend pretty much got smashed, there wasn't any moshing where I was but a ton of crowd surfing. For some reason it was big ass guys that kept surfing and I'm only 5'5 and my friend is 5'3, not what we consider fun but everyone around us was super nice and kept trying to make sure people didn't land on us. Also there was a crap ton of women flashing so I guess that's a plus for AB?
People were moshing a few songs in right where I was originally standing. Glad I moved back. I had at least 3 crowd surfers get dropped on me during Come To Life. I also noticed it was mostly bigger dudes crowdsurfing also...seriously??

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Pretty certain I witnessed a dude get layed the fuck out in the circle pit when Devour The Day was playing White Rabbit.

Those who went, what'd you think of them? They're pretty good, no?

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/MMnuroT61jM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FmK7a5wfJUE[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

cool, wish i could've gone

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I love when Myles comes up to the mic at the end and Mark moves over to his mic, it's like he's saying "Hey! That's my spot."

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Andy92 wrote:I don't know if I'm big on Blackbird for a festival setting. It can work, but I think it'd work better if they were headlining or direct support and had more time. With that length of set, I'd cut Blackbird and add in Bleed It Dry and one other song, maybe White Knuckles. It works pretty well at festivals.
:yeahthat

As much as Blackbird shows their true power and incredible musician skills, the song has a different kind of energy necessary for festival kind of shows. Most festivals I've been to, the shows should really be high energy, and blackbird has a lot of energy, but a different kind. If that makes sense?
Thanks Andy!

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Micky wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I don't know if I'm big on Blackbird for a festival setting. It can work, but I think it'd work better if they were headlining or direct support and had more time. With that length of set, I'd cut Blackbird and add in Bleed It Dry and one other song, maybe White Knuckles. It works pretty well at festivals.
:yeahthat

As much as Blackbird shows their true power and incredible musician skills, the song has a different kind of energy necessary for festival kind of shows. Most festivals I've been to, the shows should really be high energy, and blackbird has a lot of energy, but a different kind. If that makes sense?
Normally I agree but it's a nice change a pace and calms the crowd down enough for me to really enjoy the song instead of the people landing on my head.

blackbird_66
Brand New Start

Post by blackbird_66 »

I went specifically to see AB and they did not disappoint! I expected a short set, as much as that sucks..but still enjoyed it... I tried getting as close as I could, but once I got kicked square in the face, I gave up lol

As much as I love Blackbird, it just doesn't fit in for a festival. It definitely isn't a crowd surfing, boob showing song lol (not that I'm complaining about the boobs part ;) Bleed it Dry or even Fortress would have been good ones to play instead

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »