Top 10 AB songs

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Top 10 AB songs

Post by austinjhnsn »

Wonderful Life is a damn good song.
Thanks Timo!

LouNRoses
Brand New Start

Post by LouNRoses »

Indeed, the lyrics are really touching !
Hold on for your life, because Only the Strong Survive.
20.06.10 / 12.07.11 / 02.10.11 / 05.10.11 / 20.10.12 / 24.10.13 / 05.11.13 / 21.06.14 / 27.06.14

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

What's there to dislike? :bow

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Jz2HuTnj1Uk[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

LouNRoses
Brand New Start

Post by LouNRoses »

Timotheus wrote:What's there to dislike? :bow

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Jz2HuTnj1Uk[/youtube]
:yeahthat
Hold on for your life, because Only the Strong Survive.
20.06.10 / 12.07.11 / 02.10.11 / 05.10.11 / 20.10.12 / 24.10.13 / 05.11.13 / 21.06.14 / 27.06.14

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Wonderful Life is a damn good song.
:yeahthat I like it way more than Watch Over You
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I find them equal. I cant find any reason that one would be better.
Thanks Timo!

Jon G
Brand New Start

Post by Jon G »

1. The Uninvited
2. Cry Of Achilles
3. Blackbird
4. Fortress
5. Find The Real
6. Calm The Fire
7. In Loving Memory
8. Broken Wings
9. Ghost Of Days Gone By
10. Shed My Skin

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

So I'm making a list of the best non-promoted and non-blackbird-title-track songs because:

1) Blackbird is going to be the number one anyway, so I can just as well leave it out. You will read it as number one no matter what the list is or the position of the song on the list.
2) Promoted songs like Metalingus and Addicted To Pain are great and all, but everyone has them on their lists already and hey, I wanna be hipster on this one OK! So leave me :D

So, here comes my list:

10. Brand New Start
This song is just great and the solo makes it so much better.

9. Calm The Fire
I just love this song. What I like most about it is that it's so different from other ballads. Something which makes it special. I don't know what it is, but I like this song.

8. Waters Rising
Maybe this is just because I really like to sing this one and Tremonti took the vocals for a change, but fuck. It's so awesome.

7. Wayward One
I don't have much to say about this actually, it's just really good.

6. White Knuckles
Basically the Metalingus of Blackbird. An awesome fast paced song where there isn't one instrument that shows off but everything cooperates really great. It feels like all the instruments just turn into one really awesome rhythm section that just kicks ass.

5. Find The Real
AB's first track on their first album and still it's one of their best. It's quite catchy and of course, DAT SOLO (mouthwatering and stuff). It has a really great groove to it and the riffing in the chorus and DAT SOLO make it just extra awesome. Pure awesomeness.

4. Make It Right
So I got the ABIII album and I put it on shuffle. I added the best songs to my favorites. This was the only song that stayed on my favorites from the first time listening until now. I never got why no one talks about this song. The solo isn't that good at the end, but the whole feel of the song just feels so personal for some reason to me. I guess this is a really personal choice.

3. Slip To The Void
This song structure just makes it so awesome. The build up makes it lovely, then the riffs kick in and it just fucking awesome awesome wfehklolll. Just awesome song.

2. Words Darker Than Their Wings
This song is just really good. Mark and Myles exchange places in a great way here. I didn't like it at first because it was so dark, but it keeps growing on me every time I listen to it. And by the way, I didn't like Blackbird at first for the same reason (I was such a fool, lel) and look where it is now. I think I just didn't listen properly, but that's a different subject.

1. Fortress
The first AB song I ever heard. YouTube suggestions can really change your life sometimes. I heard it and I knew "yep, this is it, I needn't look further". Just from the beginning to the end. I absolutely love it, maybe this is even better than Blackbird but again, that's really personal. You can kill me later, lol.

Hope you enjoyed my list :D

BTW, Alter Bridge rules! :peace

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

sam1oq wrote:So I'm making a list of the best non-promoted and non-blackbird-title-track songs because:

1) Blackbird is going to be the number one anyway, so I can just as well leave it out. You will read it as number one no matter what the list is or the position of the song on the list.
2) Promoted songs like Metalingus and Addicted To Pain are great and all, but everyone has them on their lists already and hey, I wanna be hipster on this one OK! So leave me :D

So, here comes my list:

10. Brand New Start

9. Calm The Fire
I just love this song. What I like most about it is that it's so different from other ballads. Something which makes it special. I don't know what it is, but I like this song.

8. Waters Rising
Maybe this is just because I really like to sing this one and Tremonti took the vocals for a change, but fuck. It's so awesome.

7. Wayward One

6. White Knuckles
Basically the Metalingus of Blackbird. An awesome fast paced song where there isn't one instrument that shows off but everything cooperates really great. It feels like all the instruments just turn into one really awesome rhythm section that just kicks ass.

5. Find The Real
AB's first track on their first album and still it's one of their best. It's quite catchy and of course, DAT SOLO (mouthwatering and stuff). It has a really great groove to it and the riffing in the chorus and DAT SOLO make it just extra awesome. Pure awesomeness.

4. Make It Right
So I got the ABIII album and I put it on shuffle. I added the best songs to my favorites. This was the only song that stayed on my favorites from the first time listening until now. I never got why no one talks about this song. The solo isn't that good at the end, but the whole feel of the song just feels so personal for some reason to me. I guess this is a really personal choice.

3. Slip To The Void
This song structure just makes it so awesome. The build up makes it lovely, then the riffs kick in and it just fucking awesome awesome wfehklolll. Just awesome song.

This song is just really good. Mark and Myles exchange places in a great way here. I didn't like it at first because it was so dark, but it keeps growing on me every time I listen to it. And by the way, I didn't like Blackbird at first for the same reason (I was such a fool, lel) and look where it is now. I think I just didn't listen properly, but that's a different subject.

1. Fortress
The first AB song I ever heard. YouTube suggestions can really change your life sometimes. I heard it and I knew "yep, this is it, I needn't look further". Just from the beginning to the end. I absolutely love it, maybe this is even better than Blackbird but again, that's really personal. You can kill me later, lol.

Welcome!!

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

Jon G wrote:1. The Uninvited
2. Cry Of Achilles
3. Blackbird
4. Fortress
5. Find The Real
6. Calm The Fire
7. In Loving Memory
8. Broken Wings
9. Ghost Of Days Gone By
10. Shed My Skin
FINALLY someone who loves The Uninvited as much as I do.

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

AllC392Was wrote:
sam1oq wrote:So I'm making a list of the best non-promoted and non-blackbird-title-track songs because:

So, here comes my list:

10. Brand New Start

9. Calm The Fire

8. Waters Rising

7. Wayward One

6. White Knuckles

5. Find The Real

4. Make It Right

3. Slip To The Void

1. Fortress

Welcome!!

Was that picture some kind of "not bad" thing or is it on every message you post?

Thank you for the welcome, as soon as I saw this site I registered. AB rules!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

HappyHogJens wrote:
Jon G wrote:1. The Uninvited
2. Cry Of Achilles
3. Blackbird
4. Fortress
5. Find The Real
6. Calm The Fire
7. In Loving Memory
8. Broken Wings
9. Ghost Of Days Gone By
10. Shed My Skin
FINALLY someone who loves The Uninvited as much as I do.
I love this song aswell, but i probably would not set it on 1 but still somewhere in the top 5

RFP2112
Brand New Start

Post by RFP2112 »

1. Blackbird
2. Cry Of Achilles
3. Ties That Bind
4. Brand New Start
5. Fortress
6. Metalingus
7. Bleed It Dry
8. Open Your Eyes
9. Come To Life
10. Ghost Of Days Gone By

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

RFP2112 wrote:1. Blackbird
2. Cry Of Achilles
3. Ties That Bind
4. Brand New Start
5. Fortress
6. Metalingus
7. Bleed It Dry
8. Open Your Eyes
9. Come To Life
10. Ghost Of Days Gone By
WELCOME!!

awesome list

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

1. Blackbird
2. Brand New Start
3. Waters Rising
4. Find The Real
5. White Knuckles
6. Slip To The Void
7. Wonderful Life
8. Shed My Skin
9. Cry Of Achilles
10. Coeur D'Alene

... I think

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

1. Blackbird
2. Calm The Fire
3. Waters Rising
4. Words Darker Than Their Wings
5. Life Must Go On
6. Fortress
7. Shed My Skin
8. Coeur D'alene
9. Watch Over You
10. Wayward One

But thats just today. I feel like everyday this list changes.
Thanks Andy!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Micky wrote:1. Blackbird
2. Calm The Fire
3. Waters Rising
4. Words Darker Than Their Wings
5. Life Must Go On
6. Fortress
7. Shed My Skin
8. Coeur D'alene
9. Watch Over You
10. Wayward One

But thats just today. I feel like everyday this list changes.
:bow

.Myles Ahead.
Brand New Start

Post by .Myles Ahead. »

Hi! New Here!

Huge AB fan from England. My top ten is:

1. Blackbird
2. Fortress
3. Addicted To Pain
4. I Know It Hurts
5. Life Must Go On
6. Show Me A Sign
7. Calm The Fire
8. Cry Of Achilles
9. Burn It Down

.Myles Ahead.
Brand New Start

Post by .Myles Ahead. »

Hi! New Here!

Huge AB fan from England. My top ten is:

1. Blackbird
2. Fortress
3. Addicted To Pain
4. I Know It Hurts
5. Life Must Go On
6. Come To Life
7. Calm The Fire
8. Cry Of Achilles
9. Burn It Down
10. Breathe Again

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Good list. I love IKIH. Welcome to the forums.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23