The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Dolo »

I would usually be the first one to talk shit about AB but I think you need to give them a break with this one - that was a little bit of a gimmick inviting Erock and Wolfgang on stage, nobody really took it seriously I guess. However, if the rest of that tour sounded this way - that's a completely different story....
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I knew that Myles worked as a guitar teacher after MF4 but I did not know that this was due to his tinnitus. He also declined to join Velvet Revolver for that reason. On the one hand it's quite obvious that a job as musician can cause hearing damages, but on the other hand that topic is still quite worrying.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... MHscgzJAsA

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or maybe I'm just a sensitive guy. Awwww.

Post by zazthespaz »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:27 pm I knew that Myles worked as a guitar teacher after MF4 but I did not know that this was due to his tinnitus. He also declined to join Velvet Revolver for that reason. On the one hand it's quite obvious that a job as musician can cause hearing damages, but on the other hand that topic is still quite worrying.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... MHscgzJAsA
What I don't get is why their shows are still loud in spite of his tinnitus. I know I'm rehashing an old point but if my ears are ringing for 2 days after one AB show, I can only imagine what it's doing to their ears night after night on a tour. I know it's a little quieter on stage, but there has to be some impact from the loudness.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

#NameDroppingLikeABoss

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:39 pm
maximzub wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:25 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm Soooo I was searching on YT for live performances of ODR where the guitar does not sound like a mess. Sadly, I did not find what I was looking for, but instead I found this video from 2011 with Wolfgang Van Halen on the drums and Eric Friedman on the guitar. Quite interesting, especially because Wolfie seemed a little nervous. He messed up the intro and his overall timing was a little bit off.

I think one of the "big" TABN users was there.
I'm pretty sure Ryan, one of our mods, was there. I was not. I had some personal issues that needed to be taken care of that year in 2011 that prevented me from going to any shows that year.
I can vouch that Ryan was there. I was next to him.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Man...You really are a boss

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:14 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:39 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm Soooo I was searching on YT for live performances of ODR where the guitar does not sound like a mess. Sadly, I did not find what I was looking for, but instead I found this video from 2011 with Wolfgang Van Halen on the drums and Eric Friedman on the guitar. Quite interesting, especially because Wolfie seemed a little nervous. He messed up the intro and his overall timing was a little bit off.

I'm pretty sure Ryan, one of our mods, was there. I was not. I had some personal issues that needed to be taken care of that year in 2011 that prevented me from going to any shows that year.
I can vouch that Ryan was there. I was next to him.
:lol
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: TABN Psychic

Post by zazthespaz »

How did you even know this!?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: TABN Psychic

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:44 pm

How did you even know this!?
I remembered one of the "big" users talking about it but I didn't remember which one.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Fun fact of the day: The phrase "addicted to pain" appears in Creed's Wikipedia page. See if you can find it.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

maximzub wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 pm Fun fact of the day: The phrase "addicted to pain" appears in Creed's Wikipedia page. See if you can find it.
:facepalm

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Why didn't 'New Way To Live' made the Album? I personally think this is the most underrated AB song ever because again, personally, I think is one of their best song they've made.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Blackbirddd wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:59 pm Why didn't 'New Way To Live' made the Album? I personally think this is the most underrated AB song ever because again, personally, I think is one of their best song they've made.
100% agreed. Maybe in terms of the sound and structure it resembled Blackbird too much and they decided to leave it off?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

maximzub wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 pm Fun fact of the day: The phrase "addicted to pain" appears in Creed's Wikipedia page. See if you can find it.
You do know that Ctrl + F exists, right?

Easy find!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Perfect random Alter Bridge post...

My dad tore his Achilles tendon on Wednesday night. Literally the next day we went to an open mic night at a bar nearby. (Not Pig Iron this time.) I offered to play Cry Of Achilles for him as a joke :yes
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Can you actually play it? That intro in particular is fairly tricky! I can almost do it by picking the whole thing, though maintaining full speed is very hard. I'm slower if I try to play it using the mix of pick and finger plucks that Myles uses.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

davidstvz wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 am Can you actually play it? That intro in particular is fairly tricky! I can almost do it by picking the whole thing, though maintaining full speed is very hard. I'm slower if I try to play it using the mix of pick and finger plucks that Myles uses.
Yes I can! I do it only with finger plucks until the end. Here is a recording of me playing it (audio only):

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

It's a very fun song to play, very challenging. So you are doing thumb and finger plucks, while I would do all pick, and Myles mixes the pick with finger plucks. Very different sounds all around. Maybe I'll record the intro soon and post just for fun and comparison.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

davidstvz wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:37 am It's a very fun song to play, very challenging. So you are doing thumb and finger plucks, while I would do all pick, and Myles mixes the pick with finger plucks. Very different sounds all around. Maybe I'll record the intro soon and post just for fun and comparison.
Oh god, doing it just with a pick sounds like my idea of hell :lol I find it really easy to do just fingerpicked, once you've got the pattern down it's just a matter of getting it well synced with the chords. But yeah, I'm not good at the hybrid picking either.
For all of the hope that it brings...

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I had little time this but morning, but as promised... this is one take with about 30 seconds warm up, so it's a mess. Maybe I'll take my time and get a better vid next week.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Maybe You guys should check out Myles' lesson. :D

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I might need to slow down a little :lol