The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Andy92 »

That’s better than what Spotify recommends for “if you like Alter Bridge” lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:09 pm That’s better than what Spotify recommends for “if you like Alter Bridge” lol
Yep. Spotify would recommend the bands where you go, "I haven't heard that band in years." Bands like Default, Saliva, Hinder, 12 Stones, etc. I do think their algorithm is getting better, but not really.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Andy92 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:09 pm That’s better than what Spotify recommends for “if you like Alter Bridge” lol
Well, to be fair I first asked for some bands and it recommended Shinedown, Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin and some others in that direction, and I that's where I was like "no no..." and set that predicate of wanting a heavier and complex sound.

It still tried to sneak Breaking Benjamin in there, so I have a feeling ChatGPT is a BB fan, but I quite like that song so I let it slip, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:53 pm
Timotheus wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:43 am I used ChatGPT to generate a playlist for me of 13 songs for fans of Alter Bridge :D The predicate was that I was more into their complex sound and used Cry of Achilles as an example.

"The Pot" - Tool
"The Heaviest Matter of the Universe" - Gojira
"Blackest Eyes" - Porcupine Tree
"I Will Not Bow" - Breaking Benjamin
"Isolation" - Alter Bridge
"Oblivion" - Mastodon
"My Own Summer (Shove It)" - Deftones
"Shock Me" - Baroness
"In Due Time" - Killswitch Engage
"Unnatural Selection" - Muse
"The Day I Tried To Live" - Soundgarden
"Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osbourne
"The Trooper" - Iron Maiden
Not a bad playlist actually :D
Am I ChatGPT? :lol Basically a playlist I would make.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Back to back AB tracks at WWE Elimination Chamber tonight! The Other Side as The Judgement Day entered the ring. And of course Metalingus (which the crowd was screaming along to) as Edge and Beth Phoenix entered!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's going to happen right? All Edge has to do is make to Wrestlemania in Inglewood and this is it right? AB finally plays Metalingus live at Wrestlemania the day after their final show of the US tour in the Inland Empire in Southeast California?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Current Itinerary there:

Wrestlemania - April 1 & 2, Inglewood, CA - starts at either 3 or 4 local
AB Concert - April 1, Highland, CA (90 minutes away) - starts at probably 9 - 9:30 local time - tour ends here so no concert on the 2nd

Yeah - probably depends on when Edge is scheduled to wrestle (rumored to be against Finn Balor, Hell in a Cell), but all it may take for Alter Bridge to finally play Metalingus at Wrestlemania is for Edge to wrestle early on Saturday, and give enough time for AB to get back over Highland for their show later in the night.

IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm thinking if Edge's match is on the 2nd, I think it would make things more smoother for AB to go from Highland to Inglewood, the day after their final show. Take the morning doing a brief soundcheck if permitted and all should be fine.

If his match is on Saturday, I think the Highland crowd would be very understanding if the final show needed to be move from the 1st to 2nd due to reasons not explained yet....

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Well, I just found out that TABN's own gmetzger was featured on The Alter Bridge International Collaboration Project's cover of This Is War. Congratulations, gmetzger! Check it out here.

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Apparently it was Tim Tournier's idea for Alter Bridge to scale down on the number of Blackbird songs they played live back in the day when he first became their manager.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Damn, I love the end of 'Dead Among The Living' so much, specially live.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

^^ That's my favorite on this album. Hope it's in the setlist when they are here in Colorado.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Not sure if this has been asked before....

What Tremonti songs do you think could have easily made sense to be Alter Bridge songs just by replacing Mark's vocals with Myles's (changing the key if necessary)?

And then the opposite. What Alter Bridge songs do you think could have easily made sense to be Tremonti songs just by replacing Myles's vocals with Mark's (again, changing the key if necessary)?

I would say:

Tremonti to Alter Bridge: The Things I've Seen, New Way Out, Doesn't Matter, Flying Monkeys, Another Heart, Fall Again, Dust, Desolation, Not Afraid To Lose (probably better suited for a Mark lead song with Myles on backing vocals like Waters Rising or Stay), Marching In Time

Alter Bridge to Tremonti: One Day Remains, Open Your Eyes, Burn It Down, Broken Wings, Shed My Skin, Blackbird, Show Me A Sign, Life Must Go On, Peace Is Broken, Crows On A Wire, Godspeed, Take The Crown, Forever Falling (Mark taking over the chorus), Clear Horizon, Walking On The Sky, Tear Us Apart, Sin After Sin, Stay (Eric taking over Myles's parts and Mark singing the bridge), Last Man Standing

*Yes, I am aware that Mark wrote some of the above Tremonti songs for Alter Bridge and they were rejected.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Today I had nothing better to do, so I made a multicam video for This Is War. Here it is.

EDIT: I made a few other videos. One of them was another Alter Bridge video: The Uninvited.

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Everyone did a line dance during OYE.

Post by zazthespaz »

I don’t think they played one song off of Walk the Sky or The Last Hero tonight. They did 5 off of ODR which was fine by me since I’ve never heard BID or ILM live before, just strange to me that they managed to skip two entire and recent albums. Awesome show, glad to see them again since the last time I was supposed to see them got cancelled (Mar/Apr 2020, thanks Covid). Neat to see Mark song BID and looked like he was having fun with some of the audience members and in a real happy mood. First time seeing them in TX, it was kind of strange being in a new crowd compared to the ones I’m used to in NJ/NYC
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: No one did a line dance during OYE when I saw them because they DIDN'T PLAY IT.

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:42 am I don’t think they played one song off of Walk the Sky or The Last Hero tonight. They did 5 off of ODR which was fine by me since I’ve never heard BID or ILM live before, just strange to me that they managed to skip two entire and recent albums. Awesome show, glad to see them again since the last time I was supposed to see them got cancelled (Mar/Apr 2020, thanks Covid). Neat to see Mark song BID and looked like he was having fun with some of the audience members and in a real happy mood. First time seeing them in TX, it was kind of strange being in a new crowd compared to the ones I’m used to in NJ/NYC
I honestly did not mind not having any Walk The Sky songs. I like The Last Hero, but I would rather have not heard any songs from it than heard the song that they did choose to play from it. Burn It Down was definitely a highlight of the show and I'm glad they've started incorporating that into their set permanently. Also glad to see that Come To Life is back! It was about time. Hopefully they'll continue introducing songs throughout the tour.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:42 am I don’t think they played one song off of Walk the Sky or The Last Hero tonight. They did 5 off of ODR which was fine by me since I’ve never heard BID or ILM live before, just strange to me that they managed to skip two entire and recent albums. Awesome show, glad to see them again since the last time I was supposed to see them got cancelled (Mar/Apr 2020, thanks Covid). Neat to see Mark song BID and looked like he was having fun with some of the audience members and in a real happy mood. First time seeing them in TX, it was kind of strange being in a new crowd compared to the ones I’m used to in NJ/NYC
Think the only song they're keen on playing from TLH is The Other Side. From WTS - maybe Wouldn't You Rather? But can't remember the last time they played it.

In a separate chat I've talked about this a bunch - the set just feels so dated. Barely any new, or newer stuff. So it just looks on paper like if you've been to a AB show in the last 10 years, you've already seen 80% of the set.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:42 am I don’t think they played one song off of Walk the Sky or The Last Hero tonight. They did 5 off of ODR which was fine by me since I’ve never heard BID or ILM live before, just strange to me that they managed to skip two entire and recent albums.
Is it really so strange? Hardly anything outside one or two singles from those albums has really clicked with the AB audiences that I've been a part of. Yet almost anything from an album like ODR will up the tempo of a show. I've commented on this in the past - a song like Find The Real, you hear people singing along loudly to the *verses* of that song, let alone the chorus.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:23 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:42 am I don’t think they played one song off of Walk the Sky or The Last Hero tonight. They did 5 off of ODR which was fine by me since I’ve never heard BID or ILM live before, just strange to me that they managed to skip two entire and recent albums.
Is it really so strange? Hardly anything outside one or two singles from those albums has really clicked with the AB audiences that I've been a part of. Yet almost anything from an album like ODR will up the tempo of a show. I've commented on this in the past - a song like Find The Real, you hear people singing along loudly to the *verses* of that song, let alone the chorus.
Can confirm. The Other Side didn't seem to click with the crowd. Although maybe I'm just biased against that song.

The four Pawns & Kings songs, however, went over very well.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

It's sad because The Last Hero has preeeetty good songs, I only use to skip 3 songs of that album.