The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I mean, Edge could still use Metalingus whether he's in WWE or not. WWE doesn't own the song as they didn't write it. It's like how CM Punk still got away with using Cult of Personality in AEW for that time he was there.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I might as well get this out of the way.

So I had a ticket to go see Ed Sheeran, last Saturday, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood. Let me preface this. Out of all the areas to see a concert in the Greater LA region (LA, Anaheim, Irvine, etc.), Inglewood is the worst f'en city to go see a concert, which sucks because all of the big bands wants to go play the Forum, SoFi Stadium, and the horribly named Youtube Theater. The reason this area sucks is because parking at those venues are really expensive so I got to park about a mile or two away and then take a bus to those venues.

I got to the parking location that I bought a reservation for on SpotHero and the lot, which was near the 405 freeway, was full. The security lady, rudely I may mention, said don't even bother. I said I got a reservation, I'm aware the lot is full, what are my alternatives? She did not give me an answer. Thankfully, I was able to report this on SpotHero and they gave me the other option to take what I paid for the spot and they gave me a refund as credit to use for future parking reservations, which is fine for future shows.

Then I parked at a nearby Home Depot to figure out if I can find a good last minute spot, but some of them are valet restricted (which I'm not entrusting my keys to anyone in the hellhole that is Inglewood) and some of them requires complicated ways to get in (since those were lots used for LAX parking). At that point, my options were not good, requires a lot of traveling from the spot to the stadium and back, and quite frankly, I decided it's just not worth it. So I decided to just drown my sorrows at a sushi buffet, got a specialized tea drink at that place I always go to after concerts (since it's opened until 1 AM and looks way too chic for a guy like me).

What does this have to do with AB? Given that I had a lot of free time on my hands, after I went and got my tea drink, I just drove around locally on streets re-listening to Pawns and Kings in full. Still an awesome album, although I feel like Stay and Holiday were the low points, everything else was still fantastic. My thoughts on Silver Tongue greatly improved from when I heard it to the listening party to the now. I went from, "I can't find anything noticeable about this track," to "This is actually quite a lowkey firecracker of a song, especially in the bridge verse."

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:19 pm Then I parked at a nearby Home Depot to figure out if I can find a good last minute spot, but some of them are valet restricted (which I'm not entrusting my keys to anyone in the hellhole that is Inglewood) and some of them requires complicated ways to get in (since those were lots used for LAX parking). At that point, my options were not good, requires a lot of traveling from the spot to the stadium and back, and quite frankly, I decided it's just not worth it. So I decided to just drown my sorrows at a sushi buffet, got a specialized tea drink at that place I always go to after concerts (since it's opened until 1 AM and looks way too chic for a guy like me).
Daaaaamn, that all sucks. Hopefully you'll at least be able to get a refund for the show tickets.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh, getting a refund for that ticket is a lost cause. I accept that I lit $57.00 on fire basically.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So to answer the question, yes, Adam Copeland (Edge) is now in AEW. Yes, he's still uses Metalingus as the theme song. He had to change the "You Think You Know Me" part of the intro, but it's still the same song.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1708692600629129706

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:51 pm So to answer the question, yes, Adam Copeland (Edge) is now in AEW. Yes, he's still uses Metalingus as the theme song. He had to change the "You Think You Know Me" part of the intro, but it's still the same song.

The use of Cry of Achilles' intro was a cool touch :)

maximzub
On The Rail

"My feet aren't big enough to work the pedals!"

Post by maximzub »

So...when is Blackbird gonna get its driver's license? :lol

Happy 16th birthday Blackbird!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:51 pm So to answer the question, yes, Adam Copeland (Edge) is now in AEW. Yes, he's still uses Metalingus as the theme song. He had to change the "You Think You Know Me" part of the intro, but it's still the same song.

Cool sidenote: the new version of the intro (which is now "You think you know him") is voiced by his wife, Beth (Phoenix). :)

He mentioned in the presser after the WrestleDream show (where he debuted Sunday) that it was really important to him to keep that theme, and told the story again of how he heard that song way back in the day, when it was still just a demo with Mark's vocals, and asked if he could use it for his theme and Mark said absolutely! And put over how Mark's been a close friend of his for so many years. Always cool to see those worlds cross paths. I really, really, REALLY hope they can bring the band to an AEW show at some point for the long-wished-for live entrance. I'd hate to wait almost a whole year, but they just had their All In show a couple months ago in Wembley Stadium, and they already have it scheduled there again next year in August. Imagine AB playing to a sold-out Wembley crowd?!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:58 am Imagine AB playing to a sold-out Wembley crowd?!
AEW aside, do you think they could sell out Wembley on their next UK tour? I'm not sure whether or not they sold the O2 Arena last time they were there, but if they did, maybe they can take the chance and move on up.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:20 am
TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:58 am Imagine AB playing to a sold-out Wembley crowd?!
AEW aside, do you think they could sell out Wembley on their next UK tour? I'm not sure whether or not they sold the O2 Arena last time they were there, but if they did, maybe they can take the chance and move on up.
Wembley Arena is for sure smaller than the O2. Wembley Stadium however? Blimey they'd have to sell more than four times the tickets compared to the O2.
Last edited by Crumbso on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:08 am Wembley Arena is for sure smaller than the O2. Wembley Stadium?
I didn't know.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:58 amHe mentioned in the presser after the WrestleDream show (where he debuted Sunday) that it was really important to him to keep that theme, and told the story again of how he heard that song way back in the day, when it was still just a demo with Mark's vocals, and asked if he could use it for his theme and Mark said absolutely! And put over how Mark's been a close friend of his for so many years. Always cool to see those worlds cross paths. I really, really, REALLY hope they can bring the band to an AEW show at some point for the long-wished-for live entrance. I'd hate to wait almost a whole year, but they just had their All In show a couple months ago in Wembley Stadium, and they already have it scheduled there again next year in August. Imagine AB playing to a sold-out Wembley crowd?!
I really hope AB is able to arrange that or actually have that in the books in August 2024 and that everyone is not busy with Creed or Slash in that time frame. Plus, they could book a 20th anniversary tour in the UK around that time since it seems pointless for them to fly overseas only to play one song. Do that plus the idea of playing Edge out in Wembley Stadium (which may be their only chance to play in Wembley Stadium in any capacity)? It's sound.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:49 am Plus, they could book a 20th anniversary tour.
They should do this anyway, regardless of whether they're playing at AEW.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I agree they should but anniversary tours isn't something that they do. Like they didn't celebrate 10 or 15 years of Blackbird. I would loved it if they spent the last half of the year doing 10 years of Fortress this year, but that's not happening. I just don't see them doing 20 years of AB or ODR during their break year.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Welp, it's the month where we have to celebrate the birthday of an Alter Bridge album every few days.

Happy birthday The Last Hero!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

In before everyone else....

Post by maximzub »

I would say Happy Birthday AB III, but there's more important news to share.

Alter Bridge has been nominated for not one, but THREE Grammys! 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyKLdbAu-L- ... BiNWFlZA==
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Neither of those songs should be nominated.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: In before everyone else....

Post by MidnightToker »

maximzub wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:10 pm I would say Happy Birthday AB III, but there's more important news to share.

These aren't nominations, it's the band trying to get nominated. The actual Grammy nominations will be announced on November 10th.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Grammy's aren't huge fans of long 6-7+ min. songs so the big songs like Pawns & Kings and Fable of the Silent Son isn't going to be even for consideration to get a chance at being nominated.

I say This is War is a fine choice to fire their shot at being nominated. Not so much for Holiday though.

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: In before everyone else....

Post by maximzub »

MidnightToker wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:19 am
maximzub wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:10 pm I would say Happy Birthday AB III, but there's more important news to share.

These aren't nominations, it's the band trying to get nominated. The actual Grammy nominations will be announced on November 10th.
My misunderstanding. Is the general public able to vote?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!