The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by cheesedip1 »

This side of fate, dying light, last hero, symphony agony.

I would probably like those songs better if the lyrics weren’t so bland. Lyrics don’t have to be mind blowing but if they’re too vague I just can’t relate to them at all (this side of fate is blind, etc).

That’s why I like Godspeed so much.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I think Dying Light has super-interesting lyrics. I wrote a whole thing when WTS launched about how I thought it was a reflection on Buddhist philosophy. Plus, once you remember that Symphony of Agony is about the resistance of an ant colony being eradicated, it's far more interesting.

EDIT: Found it!

A bit of a lyrical analysis for Dying Light.

I saw someone say the eternal life bit made them think of Christianity but I think this works better with a Buddhist outlook, especially considering Myles said he was exploring Eastern philosophies.

In Buddhism life is suffering and people work their way towards final nirvana through reincarnation and learning inner peace. So in a sense, we have ‘eternal life’ and in the ‘dying light’ we ‘learn to live again, when we give in’ to the fact that life is suffering and when the light finally dies we ‘begin again’. You begin to work your way up to nirvana or ‘into the light’ when you ‘resign’ or ‘concede’ to that fact.

Unless I view it that way this song is actually exceedingly dark lyrically and basically is just wishing for death. So I choose to view it this way

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Alter Bridge songs I don't like. You know what I realized? Even if I don't like those songs in particular, I still feel glad to be listening to Alter Bridge. It happens with a lot of bands I like.

EDIT: Unless the song is The Other Side.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I saw a retweet from Brent Smith of Shinedown a fan that's sporting a hockey jersey that had Shinedown's design on it. It lead me to this website that has full of designs of hockey jerseys of various rock and metal bands. I might consider getting a jersey that has Shinedown's Leave a Whisper album cover on it.

I don't care what it takes or don't know if the demand is there. Tim or somebody in the AB camp needs to reach out these guys and get an AB design collaboration going. I would sport the living crap out of that jersey even if it looks ugly or has color schemes of hockey teams I hate.

https://puckhcky.com/

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Dude that leave a whisper t shirt looks pretty cool.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:58 am https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlterBr ... 756426660/

WHAT IS THIS HERESY?
It's up there man. I'm still waiting for my opinion to settle, but at the moment it's going toe to toe with any of my other favourite AB songs.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Gosh dang it, the first quiet delivery of the 'I hope it's worth it all in the end though you know it's hard for me to pretend' in Last Man Standing gives me goose bumps. That's classic AB. Further cemented as classic AB because Mark breaks out the wah for his solo, that's the sound.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

maximzub wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:58 am https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlterBr ... 756426660/

WHAT IS THIS HERESY?
It's probably top 5 for me :shrug

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Just drove around in my car singing 'Brand New Start' at the top of my voice realizing I've forgotten 80% of the lyrics. Good times.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Crumbso wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:39 am Gosh dang it, the first quiet delivery of the 'I hope it's worth it all in the end though you know it's hard for me to pretend' in Last Man Standing gives me goose bumps. That's classic AB. Further cemented as classic AB because Mark breaks out the wah for his solo, that's the sound.
That's one of my favourite parts of the album, probably second to the beginning of Fable (especially the "I used to lie awake" and the "It's hard to recognize [...] But a wasted life is still worth saving" parts). So incredibly atmospheric, and the lyrics only make it better. Last Man Standing is an amazing song in general, up there with stuff like Waters Rising and Ghost for me (which are basically the second-best category of AB songs after epics like Blackbird).

Edit: Oh, and concerning the Blackbird/Fable controversy: I don't think Fable is better than Blackbird, but I do think that it's basically as good. Blackbird likely still takes the top spot for me, but Fable is just as perfect an epic as Blackbird is.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

It's crazy to think that Alter Bridge has recorded 101 offficial songs, 103 counting the posible Bonus Tracks from Pawns & Kings

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

Crumbso wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:30 am I think Dying Light has super-interesting lyrics. I wrote a whole thing when WTS launched about how I thought it was a reflection on Buddhist philosophy. Plus, once you remember that Symphony of Agony is about the resistance of an ant colony being eradicated, it's far more interesting.

EDIT: Found it!

A bit of a lyrical analysis for Dying Light.

I saw someone say the eternal life bit made them think of Christianity but I think this works better with a Buddhist outlook, especially considering Myles said he was exploring Eastern philosophies.

In Buddhism life is suffering and people work their way towards final nirvana through reincarnation and learning inner peace. So in a sense, we have ‘eternal life’ and in the ‘dying light’ we ‘learn to live again, when we give in’ to the fact that life is suffering and when the light finally dies we ‘begin again’. You begin to work your way up to nirvana or ‘into the light’ when you ‘resign’ or ‘concede’ to that fact.

Unless I view it that way this song is actually exceedingly dark lyrically and basically is just wishing for death. So I choose to view it this way
I love Dying Light, by far the best song of WTS.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Listening to some live recordings of Alter Bridge. Man, when you listen to them side by side, you can notice that Walk The Sky 2.0 was produced MUCH better than Live At The O2 Arena. Every time in Live At The O2 Arena when Myles stops playing and Mark is the only guitarist playing, it sounds terribly empty. I don't really get that feeling with Walk The Sky 2.0, or with Live At The Royal Albert Hall either for that matter.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 6278924289

Wonder what this is referring to - performance video for one of the songs perhaps?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Trenthetfield wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:09 pm https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 6278924289

Wonder what this is referring to - performance video for one of the songs perhaps?
Might be. Would be my guess as well.

I'm getting kinda excited seeing them promoting their European shows as I'll be seeing them in Cologne in a couple of weeks.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Trenthetfield wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:09 pm https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 6278924289

Could be a Cradle to the Grave situation where they combine some performance footage with a song they haven’t played live yet.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean the Lyric video that they did for Godspeed had footage from the Europe tour in 2019. Could be the same deal for this one for an upcoming lyric video.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Revisited this video. The bee attack was epic.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!