The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by TenaciousBe »

maximzub wrote: - Ties That Bind was originally called Bitch Slap. While being one of the band's biggest hits, they strangely stopped playing it live after 2017.
When they first played that song, and we as a fan base were sharing the mp3 around (and probably had it up on early youtube at the time), it was being called "Bitch Slapp" as a reference to Scott Stapp. I don't know if that was how the band had put it out there, though, or if some fan just made a funny and it stuck.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

TenaciousBe wrote:
maximzub wrote: - Ties That Bind was originally called Bitch Slap. While being one of the band's biggest hits, they strangely stopped playing it live after 2017.
When they first played that song, and we as a fan base were sharing the mp3 around (and probably had it up on early youtube at the time), it was being called "Bitch Slapp" as a reference to Scott Stapp. I don't know if that was how the band had put it out there, though, or if some fan just made a funny and it stuck.
Ha! This is totally new to me, love it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

maximzub wrote:Fun facts about every Alter Bridge song (most of which take a little digging to find):

- Myles didn't originally play guitar live for Find The Real. He only started playing rhythm guitar for that song in 2006.
- One Day Remains is one of three Alter Bridge song titles that could have been their band name.
- One Day Remains and Burn It Down are the only Alter Bridge songs in standard tuning, although One Day Remains is played live in half-step down since 2013, and Burn It Down is played in half-step down since 2019 (when Mark sings).
- It took Alter Bridge 15 years to go from "one day remains" to "now nothing remains" (in Native Son), with "still remains" in between.
- Myles can't bring himself to watch the Open Your Eyes music video because he hates seeing himself in the time when he didn't know what to do with his hands while singing.
- Open Your Eyes and Life Must Go On are the only songs in Mark's favorite tuning, Open D5. Fortress is in Open C#5 (at least for Mark), which is a half-step down from Open D5.
- Burn It Down, Buried Alive, and Coming Home all share song titles with Avenged Sevenfold.
- Metalingus was written in a day, and the title was originally a joke title. It is their most-played song live.
- Mark says that Metalingus is probably the Alter Bridge song that makes him the most money, because of its use in WWE.
- The only connection Alter Bridge has to Creed other than Mark, Brian, and Scott originally being in the band, is that Eric Friedman, the rhythm guitarist for Creed, once played rhythm guitar with them live for one song. Which one was it? Metalingus, in 2020.
- Broken Wings was the first Alter Bridge song I heard. I still don't like it.
- Broken Wings is the only Alter Bridge song that has ever been played in pseudo-drop A. Mark has recorded songs in a lot of tunings, but AGCFAD isn't among them. Its variant that is a half-step higher, pseudo-drop Bb, is actually one of their most common tunings. However, once when Mark sang lead vocals for the song in 2019 (and Myles played rhythm guitar), they tuned the song down a half-step from its original tuning.
- Broken Wings and White Knuckles are Alter Bridge's most consistent deep cuts. They are played sometimes on every tour, but not all the time like in the Blackbird and AB III eras.
- In Loving Memory was technically the biggest surprise of Live At The Royal Albert Hall, contrary to popular belief. While Words Darker Than Their Wings was played for the first time ever at those shows, it was only 7 years after its release. In Loving Memory, on the other hand, was played for the first time since 2008, a 9-year gap.
- In Loving Memory and The End Is Here are the only songs that they have played live in a higher key than the original. In Loving Memory was played in Open G (a half-step higher from Open F#) in the early days. An example of this is on Live From Amsterdam. The End Is Here was played in Drop C# (a half-step higher from Drop C) in 2017. An example of this is on Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
- Mark wanted Down To My Last to be the first single from One Day Remains, but it was rejected because it sounded too much like Creed, so Open Your Eyes was chosen instead.
- Watch Your Words is one of the most-played live songs from One Day Remains, which is strange considering that they only played it in 2004 and 2005.
- Shed My Skin currently holds the record for longest gap in live performances for Alter Bridge (12 years - 2005 to 2017). However, if Break Me Down and/or Wayward One is played live this year, they would break the record (13 years - 2008 to 2021).
- Cruel Sun and New Way To Live are the only Alter Bridge songs from the Rarities disc of Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities that have been played live. Cruel Sun was the last song played at Alter Bridge's first documented show, which was an acoustic show in 2004.
- Solace could have been Alter Bridge's band name. If it was, my enemies wouldn't be able to name their band Solace!
- Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad actually has a fanbase. So much that the music fan group Army Of 12 voted its solo as Mark Tremonti's 7th best guitar solo with Alter Bridge.
- Save Me is one of two songs that I don't have a fact for.
- Ties That Bind was originally called Bitch Slap. While being one of the band's biggest hits, they strangely stopped playing it live after 2017.
- Ties That Bind and Clear Horizon are the only Alter Bridge songs in D Tuning.
- Come To Life, Coming Home, Before Tomorrow Comes...Three forms of the word "come" in three song titles all on the same album.
- Come To Life is Alter Bridge's favorite opener song. You know, every band has their favorite song to open shows with. However, it didn't even open its parent album.
- Considering that I know Brand New Start well compared to some other songs on this list, I actually don't have a good fact for it.
- Coming Home is the lowest-tuning Alter Bridge song, in Drop B. Some of their songs have the E string going even lower (mostly Bb), but this is their overall lowest tuning.
- Coming Home and Breathe Again contain two other Alter Bridge song titles, Home and Breathe. More on Breathe and Breathe Again later...
- Live At The Royal Albert Hall has never been released on YouTube or many other platforms, only on Spotify. That's why I had to WASAPI-record the album from Spotify, then cut the track into pieces, so that I would have the album. However, the orchestra-only version of Before Tomorrow Comes is available on YouTube! So the version with both the band and the orchestra is not. Hmm...
- The music video for Rise Today was the first video Alter Bridge posted on YouTube.
- There's a lot of debate as to whether Rise Today or Blackbird is Alter Bridge's signature song. Let me settle it once and for all: Rise Today only charted at #3, while Blackbird was never released as a single. However, Isolation reached #1. Conclusion: Isolation is Alter Bridge's real signature song.
- Mark was once asked if he plays the whole guitar solo for Blackbird. We all know that Myles actually played the first part, marking his guitar solo debut. We also know that the two solos were collectively voted as the best guitar solo of all time by Guitar Magazine. More on that later...
- Myles sharing a guitar solo with Mark on Blackbird foreshadowed the fact that he would later start to play lead guitar on some songs. In a similar way, Mark sharing lead vocals with Myles on Words Darker Than Their Wings foreshadowed the fact that he would later start to sing lead vocals on some songs.
- One By One was the last Blackbird deep cut to be played live (Break Me Down, Wayward One, Coming Home, and One By One).
- The music video for Watch Over You is available on YouTube from several channels. However, none of them is Alter Bridge or AlterBridgeVEVO.
- Watch Over You was played live as a full band version back in 2007 and 2008 until they "discovered" the acoustic version. It wouldn't be until 2019 that they played the full band version again.
- Wayward One plagiarizes Bouree in E minor by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- We Don't Care At All, The Damage Done, New Way To Live, Never Born To Follow, Never Say Die (Outright), Cruel Sun, Solace, and Breathe are only available by buying the Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities package. However, New Way To Live is on Live From Amsterdam.
- Alter Bridge has a habit of opening with the second song from each album (One Day Remains, Come To Life, Addicted To Pain, The Writing On The Wall, Wouldn't You Rather). However, for the AB III tour, they broke tradition by opening with Slip To The Void, the first song from AB III.
- The intro of Slip To The Void is played from tape whenever they play the song live, which is pointless because, not only is it playable live, but most of it can be played with one hand (the first three open strings).
- Mark and Myles both said that on AB III, they stopped trying to write radio hits, but Isolation from that album actually became their biggest radio hit!
- AB III is an overall dark album, which is why they wanted to write a lighter song to finish the album. Ghost Of Days Gone By was that song, and they drew inspiration from Before Tomorrow Comes.
- Ghost Of Days Gone By is Myles's favorite song from AB III.
- All Hope Is Gone was a hit during the AB III era (you can tell by the Live From Wembley crowd singing "All hope is gone"). However, they haven't played it live since 2014.
- Still Remains is speed metal.
- Make It Right is the only main album Alter Bridge song to have been played live only once. However, yesterday, Myles said that he wants to play it live again.
- Wonderful Life has never been played live electric.
- Mark says that I Know It Hurts actually hurts. The solo was inspired by Guthrie Govan, and he "felt confident enough to tackle it that day." It was the song he spent the most time thinking about when recording Live From Wembley. It makes sense now that they haven't played it since 2013.
- Show Me A Sign is Mark's favorite song from AB III.
- Alter Bridge wasn't very original with their song titles. Show Me A Sign, Show Me A Leader...?
- Show Me A Sign and Cry A River have one interesting thing in common. Except for the One Day Remains era, every era started out with one show where they played a lot of songs from the new album live for the first time. Both Show Me A Sign and Cry A River were played at their respective "first shows", and both were played only once after that, in the next year of touring.
- Fallout was the name of The Mayfield Four's debut album.
- Breathe Again is mistakenly referred to as Breath Again on YouTube and Spotify.
- Breathe and Breathe Again both share song titles with Pop Evil. However, in Alter Bridge's case, Breathe Again was in 2010, while Breathe was in 2016. In Pop Evil's case, Breathe was in 2008, and Breathe Again will be on their next album in 2021 (although the song was released in 2020).
- Coeur D' Alene was a lake by where Myles grew up. Alter Bridge was a bridge by where Mark grew up. If Myles got to name the band, they theoretically could have been called Coeur D' Alene.
- Words Darker Than Their Wings features the highest note Myles has ever been recorded singing, F#5. The second highest was F5 in Stand Up And Shout from Rockstar.
- For obvious reasons, Myles says that they avoid playing Words Darker Than Their Wings live, even though it's in their top three favorite Alter Bridge songs.
- Zero and Home were bonus tracks on AB III in the US. However, in Japan, Zero and Home were actually bonus tracks on Fortress.
- The collective solos in Blackbird were ranked as #1 from Guitar Magazine. However, another poll actually ranked the three solos in Cry Of Achilles as #1.
- Addicted To Pain is my favorite Alter Bridge song.
- The band chose to release Addicted To Pain as the first single from Fortress because of the success of Isolation.
- Addicted To Pain was played live acoustic before it was played live electric.
- The solo section of Bleed It Dry is 12 times slower than the intro.
- Lover has not been played live since Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
- Scott Phillips didn't want to include The Uninvited on Fortress because it sounded too much like Tool.
- The first solo Mark wrote for Fortress was Peace Is Broken.
- Myles's and Mark's guitar parts for Calm The Fire don't match up until the chorus.
- Calm The Fire is the only Fortress song that is waiting for an official DVD release. All the other Fortress songs from Live From Milan were released on other DVDs.
- Mark referred to Waters Rising as his first lead vocal song. He might have intentionally forgotten about Words Darker Than Their Wings.
- Waters Rising was recorded in Drop C#, but played live in Drop C until 2017, when Mark's vocal abilities had improved.
- Mark says that his solo in Waters Rising was "by mistake".
- Mark didn't hear Myles's solo in Farther Than The Sun until he went to record his backing vocals.
- Myles has played All Ends Well live many times, but the band itself has not. Myles does say that he wants to play it live with the full band.
- Fortress includes a rare appearance of guitar harmonies in Alter Bridge songs. Unfortunately, both parts are recorded by Myles, so they don't play them live.
- Show Me A Leader is the first Alter Bridge song where Mark uses a 7-string guitar.
- In Wikipedia: Fact Or Fiction, Myles was asked if The Writing On The Wall was about climate change. He did not give a clear answer.
- Myles plays the bridge lead part in The Writing On The Wall under his vocals in the studio, but he doesn't do it live. In fact, it's very possible to do so. If I can do it, then he definitely can.
- The Other Side is the most disgusting Alter Bridge song ever.
- My Champion, Crows On A Wire, and You Will Be Remembered are the only three songs from The Last Hero that Alter Bridge has played live on the Walk The Sky tour.
- When putting together Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities, Alter Bridge wanted to include two live recordings of other songs from The Last Hero. While My Champion was a logical choice, the second most logical choice would have been Island Of Fools (27 live performances total). However, they instead chose Poison In Your Veins, which was only played live 8 times.
- Cradle To The Grave features a "live" music video, but it has never been played live. However, Mark seems to enjoy the song, so it's very possible he wants to play it live.
- In Cradle To The Grave, one guitar is in Drop C#, while the other is in Open Gm. However, nobody knows which. Some sources say Mark is in Drop C#, others say it's Myles.
- Losing Patience is the only Alter Bridge song that Myles Kennedy posted a professional live recording of (it's his solo acoustic arrangement). However, the song has never been played live by the band.
- This one comes from the Alter Bridge Nation forum on tunings. In a Meet And Greet with the band, a fan asked Mark what tuning This Side Of Fate was in. His response was along the lines of "I'd have to relearn the song to figure out what tuning it's in."
- You Will Be Remembered was randomly played in 2020 for the first time since 2016.
- Michael Baskette didn't want the band to include Crows On A Wire on The Last Hero because he thought it sounded too much like Mark's solo band.
- The last four notes of Myles's solo in Crows On A Wire are the same as the last four notes in the solo in Isolation. The overall structure of the song is much like an Isolation II. That isn't the biggest example of self-plagiarism they've done, though...
- In the track breakdown of the songs from The Last Hero, Twilight was compared to Break Me Down, followed by a quote along the lines of "Don't let a comparison to an underrated song make you ignore this song." Well, apparently the song is ignored anyway.
- Island Of Fools and The Last Hero are two rare songs where both Myles and Mark are in the same tuning for two songs in a row on and album.
- Last Of Our Kind is commonly referred to as Symphony Of Agony.
- One Life is Alter Bridge's first true intro song.
- In the video "Walk The Sky: In The Studio", Myles briefly mentions Zen, and immediately, One Life starts playing.
- Myles was greenscreened into the music video for Wouldn't You Rather.
- Myles wrote the riff of Wouldn't You Rather out of frustration that Michael Baskette did not like their ideas for the album.
- A fan once tried to predict what Wouldn't You Rather would sound like before it was released. The chorus turned out to be pretty close to the actual song.
- In The Deep was not played after 2019, suggesting that they may not like it.
- Other than Slip To The Void, Godspeed is the only song where they have to play the intro from tape.
- When Alter Bridge announced the music video for Native Son, an Instagrammer commented, "I hope it's not just another dumb lyrics video." Alter Bridge responded with, "It's not a lyric video. It's something we've been working hard on."
- Take The Crown is the only Walk The Sky single that does not appear on Walk The Sky 2.0, which is strange, because it was played in 2020, unlike In The Deep.
- The solo in Indoctrination is almost exactly like the solo in The Writing On The Wall.
- Indoctrination is the only song where Myles screams. It was an improvised moment, but Mark told Elvis to turn it up in the mix.
- Indoctrination, The Bitter End, Clear Horizon, Walking On The Sky, and Tear Us Apart have never been played live. Do they dislike the new album that much?
- The synth player on Pay No Mind is none other than Mark Tremonti.
- Myles plays galloping riffs in Forever Falling, which is ironic, because according to Mark, anytime Mark tries to play galloping riffs, Myles is like, "No-no."
- Walking On The Sky is kind of a title song for Walk The Sky, but it's never been played live.
- The band referred to Dying Light as "the most epic [they've] done since Blackbird." So AB III, Fortress, and The Last Hero don't exist? There were a lot of epic songs on all three albums.
- Last Rites was advertised as completely written and recorded in quarantine, but it's actually a leftover from Walk The Sky.
Didn't read the whole list but a couple things are a bit off. The lowest tuning is actually going to either in the deep in G# for Mark or indoctrination which is supposed to be A#. A lot of the new songs haven't been played live because they didn't get to fully tour the album like they planned, people have heard them rehearse a few that didn't get played live.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Jhenrid wrote:
maximzub wrote:Fun facts about every Alter Bridge song (most of which take a little digging to find):

- Myles didn't originally play guitar live for Find The Real. He only started playing rhythm guitar for that song in 2006.
- One Day Remains is one of three Alter Bridge song titles that could have been their band name.
- One Day Remains and Burn It Down are the only Alter Bridge songs in standard tuning, although One Day Remains is played live in half-step down since 2013, and Burn It Down is played in half-step down since 2019 (when Mark sings).
- It took Alter Bridge 15 years to go from "one day remains" to "now nothing remains" (in Native Son), with "still remains" in between.
- Myles can't bring himself to watch the Open Your Eyes music video because he hates seeing himself in the time when he didn't know what to do with his hands while singing.
- Open Your Eyes and Life Must Go On are the only songs in Mark's favorite tuning, Open D5. Fortress is in Open C#5 (at least for Mark), which is a half-step down from Open D5.
- Burn It Down, Buried Alive, and Coming Home all share song titles with Avenged Sevenfold.
- Metalingus was written in a day, and the title was originally a joke title. It is their most-played song live.
- Mark says that Metalingus is probably the Alter Bridge song that makes him the most money, because of its use in WWE.
- The only connection Alter Bridge has to Creed other than Mark, Brian, and Scott originally being in the band, is that Eric Friedman, the rhythm guitarist for Creed, once played rhythm guitar with them live for one song. Which one was it? Metalingus, in 2020.
- Broken Wings was the first Alter Bridge song I heard. I still don't like it.
- Broken Wings is the only Alter Bridge song that has ever been played in pseudo-drop A. Mark has recorded songs in a lot of tunings, but AGCFAD isn't among them. Its variant that is a half-step higher, pseudo-drop Bb, is actually one of their most common tunings. However, once when Mark sang lead vocals for the song in 2019 (and Myles played rhythm guitar), they tuned the song down a half-step from its original tuning.
- Broken Wings and White Knuckles are Alter Bridge's most consistent deep cuts. They are played sometimes on every tour, but not all the time like in the Blackbird and AB III eras.
- In Loving Memory was technically the biggest surprise of Live At The Royal Albert Hall, contrary to popular belief. While Words Darker Than Their Wings was played for the first time ever at those shows, it was only 7 years after its release. In Loving Memory, on the other hand, was played for the first time since 2008, a 9-year gap.
- In Loving Memory and The End Is Here are the only songs that they have played live in a higher key than the original. In Loving Memory was played in Open G (a half-step higher from Open F#) in the early days. An example of this is on Live From Amsterdam. The End Is Here was played in Drop C# (a half-step higher from Drop C) in 2017. An example of this is on Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
- Mark wanted Down To My Last to be the first single from One Day Remains, but it was rejected because it sounded too much like Creed, so Open Your Eyes was chosen instead.
- Watch Your Words is one of the most-played live songs from One Day Remains, which is strange considering that they only played it in 2004 and 2005.
- Shed My Skin currently holds the record for longest gap in live performances for Alter Bridge (12 years - 2005 to 2017). However, if Break Me Down and/or Wayward One is played live this year, they would break the record (13 years - 2008 to 2021).
- Cruel Sun and New Way To Live are the only Alter Bridge songs from the Rarities disc of Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities that have been played live. Cruel Sun was the last song played at Alter Bridge's first documented show, which was an acoustic show in 2004.
- Solace could have been Alter Bridge's band name. If it was, my enemies wouldn't be able to name their band Solace!
- Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad actually has a fanbase. So much that the music fan group Army Of 12 voted its solo as Mark Tremonti's 7th best guitar solo with Alter Bridge.
- Save Me is one of two songs that I don't have a fact for.
- Ties That Bind was originally called Bitch Slap. While being one of the band's biggest hits, they strangely stopped playing it live after 2017.
- Ties That Bind and Clear Horizon are the only Alter Bridge songs in D Tuning.
- Come To Life, Coming Home, Before Tomorrow Comes...Three forms of the word "come" in three song titles all on the same album.
- Come To Life is Alter Bridge's favorite opener song. You know, every band has their favorite song to open shows with. However, it didn't even open its parent album.
- Considering that I know Brand New Start well compared to some other songs on this list, I actually don't have a good fact for it.
- Coming Home is the lowest-tuning Alter Bridge song, in Drop B. Some of their songs have the E string going even lower (mostly Bb), but this is their overall lowest tuning.
- Coming Home and Breathe Again contain two other Alter Bridge song titles, Home and Breathe. More on Breathe and Breathe Again later...
- Live At The Royal Albert Hall has never been released on YouTube or many other platforms, only on Spotify. That's why I had to WASAPI-record the album from Spotify, then cut the track into pieces, so that I would have the album. However, the orchestra-only version of Before Tomorrow Comes is available on YouTube! So the version with both the band and the orchestra is not. Hmm...
- The music video for Rise Today was the first video Alter Bridge posted on YouTube.
- There's a lot of debate as to whether Rise Today or Blackbird is Alter Bridge's signature song. Let me settle it once and for all: Rise Today only charted at #3, while Blackbird was never released as a single. However, Isolation reached #1. Conclusion: Isolation is Alter Bridge's real signature song.
- Mark was once asked if he plays the whole guitar solo for Blackbird. We all know that Myles actually played the first part, marking his guitar solo debut. We also know that the two solos were collectively voted as the best guitar solo of all time by Guitar Magazine. More on that later...
- Myles sharing a guitar solo with Mark on Blackbird foreshadowed the fact that he would later start to play lead guitar on some songs. In a similar way, Mark sharing lead vocals with Myles on Words Darker Than Their Wings foreshadowed the fact that he would later start to sing lead vocals on some songs.
- One By One was the last Blackbird deep cut to be played live (Break Me Down, Wayward One, Coming Home, and One By One).
- The music video for Watch Over You is available on YouTube from several channels. However, none of them is Alter Bridge or AlterBridgeVEVO.
- Watch Over You was played live as a full band version back in 2007 and 2008 until they "discovered" the acoustic version. It wouldn't be until 2019 that they played the full band version again.
- Wayward One plagiarizes Bouree in E minor by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- We Don't Care At All, The Damage Done, New Way To Live, Never Born To Follow, Never Say Die (Outright), Cruel Sun, Solace, and Breathe are only available by buying the Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities package. However, New Way To Live is on Live From Amsterdam.
- Alter Bridge has a habit of opening with the second song from each album (One Day Remains, Come To Life, Addicted To Pain, The Writing On The Wall, Wouldn't You Rather). However, for the AB III tour, they broke tradition by opening with Slip To The Void, the first song from AB III.
- The intro of Slip To The Void is played from tape whenever they play the song live, which is pointless because, not only is it playable live, but most of it can be played with one hand (the first three open strings).
- Mark and Myles both said that on AB III, they stopped trying to write radio hits, but Isolation from that album actually became their biggest radio hit!
- AB III is an overall dark album, which is why they wanted to write a lighter song to finish the album. Ghost Of Days Gone By was that song, and they drew inspiration from Before Tomorrow Comes.
- Ghost Of Days Gone By is Myles's favorite song from AB III.
- All Hope Is Gone was a hit during the AB III era (you can tell by the Live From Wembley crowd singing "All hope is gone"). However, they haven't played it live since 2014.
- Still Remains is speed metal.
- Make It Right is the only main album Alter Bridge song to have been played live only once. However, yesterday, Myles said that he wants to play it live again.
- Wonderful Life has never been played live electric.
- Mark says that I Know It Hurts actually hurts. The solo was inspired by Guthrie Govan, and he "felt confident enough to tackle it that day." It was the song he spent the most time thinking about when recording Live From Wembley. It makes sense now that they haven't played it since 2013.
- Show Me A Sign is Mark's favorite song from AB III.
- Alter Bridge wasn't very original with their song titles. Show Me A Sign, Show Me A Leader...?
- Show Me A Sign and Cry A River have one interesting thing in common. Except for the One Day Remains era, every era started out with one show where they played a lot of songs from the new album live for the first time. Both Show Me A Sign and Cry A River were played at their respective "first shows", and both were played only once after that, in the next year of touring.
- Fallout was the name of The Mayfield Four's debut album.
- Breathe Again is mistakenly referred to as Breath Again on YouTube and Spotify.
- Breathe and Breathe Again both share song titles with Pop Evil. However, in Alter Bridge's case, Breathe Again was in 2010, while Breathe was in 2016. In Pop Evil's case, Breathe was in 2008, and Breathe Again will be on their next album in 2021 (although the song was released in 2020).
- Coeur D' Alene was a lake by where Myles grew up. Alter Bridge was a bridge by where Mark grew up. If Myles got to name the band, they theoretically could have been called Coeur D' Alene.
- Words Darker Than Their Wings features the highest note Myles has ever been recorded singing, F#5. The second highest was F5 in Stand Up And Shout from Rockstar.
- For obvious reasons, Myles says that they avoid playing Words Darker Than Their Wings live, even though it's in their top three favorite Alter Bridge songs.
- Zero and Home were bonus tracks on AB III in the US. However, in Japan, Zero and Home were actually bonus tracks on Fortress.
- The collective solos in Blackbird were ranked as #1 from Guitar Magazine. However, another poll actually ranked the three solos in Cry Of Achilles as #1.
- Addicted To Pain is my favorite Alter Bridge song.
- The band chose to release Addicted To Pain as the first single from Fortress because of the success of Isolation.
- Addicted To Pain was played live acoustic before it was played live electric.
- The solo section of Bleed It Dry is 12 times slower than the intro.
- Lover has not been played live since Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
- Scott Phillips didn't want to include The Uninvited on Fortress because it sounded too much like Tool.
- The first solo Mark wrote for Fortress was Peace Is Broken.
- Myles's and Mark's guitar parts for Calm The Fire don't match up until the chorus.
- Calm The Fire is the only Fortress song that is waiting for an official DVD release. All the other Fortress songs from Live From Milan were released on other DVDs.
- Mark referred to Waters Rising as his first lead vocal song. He might have intentionally forgotten about Words Darker Than Their Wings.
- Waters Rising was recorded in Drop C#, but played live in Drop C until 2017, when Mark's vocal abilities had improved.
- Mark says that his solo in Waters Rising was "by mistake".
- Mark didn't hear Myles's solo in Farther Than The Sun until he went to record his backing vocals.
- Myles has played All Ends Well live many times, but the band itself has not. Myles does say that he wants to play it live with the full band.
- Fortress includes a rare appearance of guitar harmonies in Alter Bridge songs. Unfortunately, both parts are recorded by Myles, so they don't play them live.
- Show Me A Leader is the first Alter Bridge song where Mark uses a 7-string guitar.
- In Wikipedia: Fact Or Fiction, Myles was asked if The Writing On The Wall was about climate change. He did not give a clear answer.
- Myles plays the bridge lead part in The Writing On The Wall under his vocals in the studio, but he doesn't do it live. In fact, it's very possible to do so. If I can do it, then he definitely can.
- The Other Side is the most disgusting Alter Bridge song ever.
- My Champion, Crows On A Wire, and You Will Be Remembered are the only three songs from The Last Hero that Alter Bridge has played live on the Walk The Sky tour.
- When putting together Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities, Alter Bridge wanted to include two live recordings of other songs from The Last Hero. While My Champion was a logical choice, the second most logical choice would have been Island Of Fools (27 live performances total). However, they instead chose Poison In Your Veins, which was only played live 8 times.
- Cradle To The Grave features a "live" music video, but it has never been played live. However, Mark seems to enjoy the song, so it's very possible he wants to play it live.
- In Cradle To The Grave, one guitar is in Drop C#, while the other is in Open Gm. However, nobody knows which. Some sources say Mark is in Drop C#, others say it's Myles.
- Losing Patience is the only Alter Bridge song that Myles Kennedy posted a professional live recording of (it's his solo acoustic arrangement). However, the song has never been played live by the band.
- This one comes from the Alter Bridge Nation forum on tunings. In a Meet And Greet with the band, a fan asked Mark what tuning This Side Of Fate was in. His response was along the lines of "I'd have to relearn the song to figure out what tuning it's in."
- You Will Be Remembered was randomly played in 2020 for the first time since 2016.
- Michael Baskette didn't want the band to include Crows On A Wire on The Last Hero because he thought it sounded too much like Mark's solo band.
- The last four notes of Myles's solo in Crows On A Wire are the same as the last four notes in the solo in Isolation. The overall structure of the song is much like an Isolation II. That isn't the biggest example of self-plagiarism they've done, though...
- In the track breakdown of the songs from The Last Hero, Twilight was compared to Break Me Down, followed by a quote along the lines of "Don't let a comparison to an underrated song make you ignore this song." Well, apparently the song is ignored anyway.
- Island Of Fools and The Last Hero are two rare songs where both Myles and Mark are in the same tuning for two songs in a row on and album.
- Last Of Our Kind is commonly referred to as Symphony Of Agony.
- One Life is Alter Bridge's first true intro song.
- In the video "Walk The Sky: In The Studio", Myles briefly mentions Zen, and immediately, One Life starts playing.
- Myles was greenscreened into the music video for Wouldn't You Rather.
- Myles wrote the riff of Wouldn't You Rather out of frustration that Michael Baskette did not like their ideas for the album.
- A fan once tried to predict what Wouldn't You Rather would sound like before it was released. The chorus turned out to be pretty close to the actual song.
- In The Deep was not played after 2019, suggesting that they may not like it.
- Other than Slip To The Void, Godspeed is the only song where they have to play the intro from tape.
- When Alter Bridge announced the music video for Native Son, an Instagrammer commented, "I hope it's not just another dumb lyrics video." Alter Bridge responded with, "It's not a lyric video. It's something we've been working hard on."
- Take The Crown is the only Walk The Sky single that does not appear on Walk The Sky 2.0, which is strange, because it was played in 2020, unlike In The Deep.
- The solo in Indoctrination is almost exactly like the solo in The Writing On The Wall.
- Indoctrination is the only song where Myles screams. It was an improvised moment, but Mark told Elvis to turn it up in the mix.
- Indoctrination, The Bitter End, Clear Horizon, Walking On The Sky, and Tear Us Apart have never been played live. Do they dislike the new album that much?
- The synth player on Pay No Mind is none other than Mark Tremonti.
- Myles plays galloping riffs in Forever Falling, which is ironic, because according to Mark, anytime Mark tries to play galloping riffs, Myles is like, "No-no."
- Walking On The Sky is kind of a title song for Walk The Sky, but it's never been played live.
- The band referred to Dying Light as "the most epic [they've] done since Blackbird." So AB III, Fortress, and The Last Hero don't exist? There were a lot of epic songs on all three albums.
- Last Rites was advertised as completely written and recorded in quarantine, but it's actually a leftover from Walk The Sky.
Didn't read the whole list but a couple things are a bit off. The lowest tuning is actually going to either in the deep in G# for Mark or indoctrination which is supposed to be A#. A lot of the new songs haven't been played live because they didn't get to fully tour the album like they planned, people have heard them rehearse a few that didn't get played live.
I think you're right about In The Deep, but Indoctrination is in Drop C, which isn't that low. I'll go back and fix the lowest tuning fact. What did you think of the others?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: - Save Me is one of two songs that I don't have a fact for.
No longer true.
maximzub wrote: - Still Remains is speed metal.
Really?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

gbruin wrote:
Really?
What is Island of Fools then?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Dolo wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Really?
The time will tell, my friend. Only the time will tell.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: To be fair (to be fairrrrrr) I missed a lot of them.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
No longer true.
Divide by 0 error?
gbruin wrote:
Really?
I missed this one too. Imma need an explanation on this one.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Really?
I haven't heard either song, only the breakdown of Still Remains. Now I want to hear them both.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: To be fair (to be fairrrrrr) I missed a lot of them.

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
No longer true.
He means that there's now three songs I don't have a fact for. He just debunked my fact for Still Remains.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I only lie. This is true.

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
No longer true.
He means that there's now three songs I don't have a fact for. He just debunked my fact for Still Remains.
I thought he meant that your fact for Save Me was that you didn't have a fact for it, therefore, you have a fact for it!

(I don't think saying "Really?" is debunking a fact)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote:
maximzub wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
No longer true.
I thought he meant that your fact for Save Me was that you didn't have a fact for it, therefore, you have a fact for it!

Well, I've only heard that fast breakdown in Still Remains, so maybe it's not all speed metal. For Save Me, I get it now! That's cool

Recommend me some Alter Bridge songs I should listen to. Maybe a list of 10-15.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

maximzub wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
maximzub wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
No longer true.

Well, I've only heard that fast breakdown in Still Remains, so maybe it's not all speed metal. For Save Me, I get it now! That's cool

Recommend me some Alter Bridge songs I should listen to. Maybe a list of 10-15.
I say just listen to them in release/track order, and take your sweet time with it. You get the evolution of the band (for better or worse) and in their moments of what they were singing about and what they were experimenting with, etc. It would feel weird to go from a song on TLH to a song on ODR.

By the way, didn't you rank the albums? How could you rank them if you haven't heard all the songs yet?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I guess you can kinda rank them based on their facts.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Ubik wrote:I guess you can kinda rank them based on their facts.
You're right. My favorite genre is speed metal, so Still Remains is my #1 AB song.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I second that.

Except for Fortress, I've probably heard on average about 7-8 songs per album. Fortress I've heard everything except Bleed It Dry (the intro sounded bad so I skipped it). I guess 7-8 is enough to rank the albums.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

maximzub wrote:
I second that.

Except for Fortress, I've probably heard on average about 7-8 songs per album. Fortress I've heard everything except Bleed It Dry (the intro sounded bad so I skipped it). I guess 7-8 is enough to rank the albums.
Although a far-fetched example, if all I heard were the 7-8 worst songs of the best album and the 7-8 best songs of the worst album, my list would definitely not be the same.

These are all whatever anyway, I just thought your criterion had an interesting wrinkle since you actually had yet to hear them all.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
maximzub wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
No longer true.
Yup. Zaz so gets me.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: This would probably have more relevance if I had the "Blood Machine" rank...

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote:
I second that.

This post was the only reason I listened to Bleed it Dry this morning and I forgot how good the solo is in it. Worth listening to just for that.

Also, based on Tremonti's writing style for Tremonti, judging a song based on its intro is not the way to go. (Assuming some of that writing style bleeds into AB)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: This would probably have more relevance if I had the "Blood Machine" rank...

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote:Also, based on Tremonti's writing style for Tremonti, judging a song based on its intro is not the way to go. (Assuming some of that writing style bleeds into AB)
You're right. I don't listen to much Tremonti though.

As a matter of fact, I have heard the solo for Bleed It Dry, but I'm still not a fan. Of course I plan to listen to it, but I doubt that I'll start liking it from what I know about the song (intro, drop Bb, solo). That's just my humble opinion.

--------------------------------------------------

Okay, here are the Alter Bridge songs that I haven't heard in full yet.

One Day Remains:

Blackbird:

AB III:

Fortress:

The Last Hero:

Walk The Sky:

Pawns & Kings:

Other available bonus tracks:

*OVERDUE UPDATE* I have now heard every single song in the Alter Bridge catalog. So I'm not gonna need to update this until the next album cycle.
Last edited by maximzub on Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!