The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by davidstvz »

It's weird how songs can different depending on what other songs you heard before or after it. Album order truly affects the way songs are heard, so when you shuffle it's easy to hear songs in a new way. This probably goes less for songs you know and love already.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Blackbirddd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:40 pm I think that everyone has been in that place where you listen to a AB song (it doesn't matter if new or old) and you can appreciate that song more than ever before, I mean I was listening AB in shuffle the other day and The Last Hero came out and I can only say that this song it's perfect, I'm not sure about the lyrics tho, but at least vocally and instrumentally it's just one of my favorites without a doubt.
I always felt that they should have opened the album with this track. It just explodes at you immediately and would really capture the attention of a first time listener when they play the album.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I have to share that the last few days have been life altering! I had the time of my life and met some of the most amazing people. Louder Than Life VIP tickets are worth every cent! I loved it all! :cloud9

I’m a little bruised up and sore but going up front during “Disturbed’s” set was so unforgettable!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Oh shit, Myles' getting old

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:28 pm I have to share that the last few days have been life altering! I had the time of my life and met some of the most amazing people. Louder Than Life VIP tickets are worth every cent! I loved it all! :cloud9

I’m a little bruised up and sore but going up front during “Disturbed’s” set was so unforgettable!
Same! I feel like the experience of seeing Volbeat was ruined by all the crowdsurfers. Machine Gun Kelly was good; I don't understand why everybody was booing him. Disturbed was cool. Tremonti was my favorite experience of the whole festival. I got to see them up close and it's so awesome to see the man, the myth, the legend, a few meters away from me. Badflower was a comedy show, honestly. The HU was interesting. Skillet was underwhelming. Participating in 30 Seconds To Shred was fun! I played the Mario theme song and got an awesome reaction from the crowd! Sabaton was cool. Breaking Benjamin was cool. Judas Priest was cool. Then I got to witness history with Metallica playing the entire Black Album! Although, I'm disappointed they didn't play For Whom The Bell Tolls, Battery, Master Of Puppets, and Whiskey In The Jar. Overall, this experience changed my life!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 am
MaraCarr wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:28 pm I have to share that the last few days have been life altering! I had the time of my life and met some of the most amazing people. Louder Than Life VIP tickets are worth every cent! I loved it all! :cloud9

Same! I feel like the experience of seeing Volbeat was ruined by all the crowdsurfers. Machine Gun Kelly was good; I don't understand why everybody was booing him. Disturbed was cool. Tremonti was my favorite experience of the whole festival. I got to see them up close and it's so awesome to see the man, the myth, the legend, a few meters away from me. Badflower was a comedy show, honestly. The HU was interesting. Skillet was underwhelming. Participating in 30 Seconds To Shred was fun! I played the Mario theme song and got an awesome reaction from the crowd! Sabaton was cool. Breaking Benjamin was cool. Judas Priest was cool. Then I got to witness history with Metallica playing the entire Black Album! Although, I'm disappointed they didn't play For Whom The Bell Tolls, Battery, Master Of Puppets, and Whiskey In The Jar. Overall, this experience changed my life!
They played the songs you mentioned Friday night. I had tears it was such an emotional experience for me. It was so much better than I expected and Tremonti killed it! I didn’t get as many pics as I planned because I got into the moment! I got a few good ones though! My friend bailed on me but I met a great group of people from all over the country to hang with all weekend! We had an awesome time!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

April 2022 -> AB enters the studio to work on AB VII. Where did all the time go? This COVID thing really messed up my feeling for time. For me it feels like WTS was released yesterday.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter ... yfGtqHlTr4

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

"We need to get new music out before we go back on tour."

Can't wait for the usual set list full of Blackbird tunes.

Just teasing :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:19 am
maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 am

They played the songs you mentioned Friday night. I had tears it was such an emotional experience for me. It was so much better than I expected and Tremonti killed it! I didn’t get as many pics as I planned because I got into the moment! I got a few good ones though! My friend bailed on me but I met a great group of people from all over the country to hang with all weekend! We had an awesome time!
Honestly, I think Metallica's Friday setlist was better than the Sunday setlist.

Also, I find it interesting that I was within a mile of a fellow TABN user and never got to meet them.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

There is always next year! :cheers

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

https://www.repeeted.com/alter-bridge

Like I mentioned in the Tremonti forum, came across this website that tracks artist most used words in lyrics...check out AB :lol

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Without looking I can tell you that "carry on" is going to be a big one for Alter Bridge.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: But "Puppies" is at #19?

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:17 am https://www.repeeted.com/alter-bridge

Like I mentioned in the Tremonti forum, came across this website that tracks artist most used words in lyrics...check out AB :lol
That's cool, although whatever lyrics they're using clearly don't consider "ooh" a word because it's not even on the list :lol

Surprising to see "now" at #1, never would've guessed that. A quick glance of the list (bar chart form) makes me think it's a good summary of their songs: largely dark and depressing (words like "nothing", "end", "down") but get to the end and you'll find lighter and happier themes ("home", "light", "hope").
davidstvz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:39 am Without looking I can tell you that "carry on" is going to be a big one for Alter Bridge.
Surprisingly no! Didn't even crack the top list!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm surprised "deny" wasn't higher and "blame" wasn't there at all.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Re: But "Puppies" is at #19?

Post by davidstvz »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:07 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:17 am https://www.repeeted.com/alter-bridge

That's cool, although whatever lyrics they're using clearly don't consider "ooh" a word because it's not even on the list :lol

Surprising to see "now" at #1, never would've guessed that. A quick glance of the list (bar chart form) makes me think it's a good summary of their songs: largely dark and depressing (words like "nothing", "end", "down") but get to the end and you'll find lighter and happier themes ("home", "light", "hope").
davidstvz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:39 am Without looking I can tell you that "carry on" is going to be a big one for Alter Bridge.
Surprisingly no! Didn't even crack the top list!
If you compared two word phrases to other two word phrases I think it would be up there though!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So, my mom decided to listen to Alter Bridge for whatever reason today. I think she said it's because she wanted to listen to something from Alter Bridge other than Watch Over You (her second favorite song of all time) and Open Your Eyes (both are ones I play). Basically it was all YouTube mixes, so I got to hear some things that I haven't heard in a long time.

Dying Light: Still not a fan of the song, but the studio production is much better than the live version I heard a long time ago.
In The Deep (studio version): Much better production than the live version, which I listened to earlier today.
Pay No Mind: Wow! I don't remember Alter Bridge ever being that heavy except for The Uninvited and Last Of Our Kind.
My Champion (studio version): I didn't realize Myles was harmonized for the entire song. Sounds a little overproduced after having listened to the live version so many times.
Addicted To Pain (Live At The Royal Albert Hall): Live versions of Alter Bridge songs always seem to sound weak with headphones. Well, with the computer speakers, it was just so powerful. And Myles was singing better than I remember on that version.
Broken Wings: It had been about a year since I heard the studio version, and I'd only heard the song at all twice since (once from Live From Wembley and once from Live At The Royal Albert Hall). Looking back, I could clearly see why this was not the song that got me hooked on Alter Bridge, even though it was the first song I heard.
Blackbird: You know how they say for a lot of hit songs, "If you keep away from this song for a year, and then come back and listen to it, <insert complimentary statement about the song's awesomeness>"? Yeah, it wasn't quite a year, but these guys are right. Blackbird is an AWESOME song. I kept away from it for a while because 1. I just got bored of it, and 2. emotions associated with a girl I used to like that I was never going to see again. But I think that it deserves an official return to my playlist after this.

By the way, my mom really likes Cradle To The Grave. And my dad seemed to be analyzing the music in Isolation, Addicted To Pain, Broken Wings, Open Your Eyes, and Blackbird, which is something that he doesn't do much, but is something that I do constantly with any music.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know why, but I get this sinking feeling that AB VII could be the end of the line for this band unless we get some AB-only news coming up soon to be excited for. This pandemic has wreck everyone's schedule so hard, I think Slash/Myles/Co. is thinking of touring in 2023 (which I was hoping AB would go hard on the touring sense that year, especially after the 2020 dates got cancelled).

I feel like when it comes to a schedule crunch, AB usually gets the bad end of it where nothing happens for them in terms of activity. So far, I don't know if anyone in the camp is like really ampted to come back to do AB. I would like to be proven wrong.

Oddly enough, I think I have made my peace with that possibility. I already saw them 7 times in total and saw their final four shows before the shutdown and all of them were great, so I don't have much regrets on that end. I just wished they keep doing more.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:32 pmI don't know why, but I get this sinking feeling that AB VII could be the end of the line for this band unless we get some AB-only news coming up soon to be excited for.
I would believe Mark finally agreeing to a 2nd Creed reunion and a new Creed record before I ever believed that AB would cease to exist any time soon before they were in their 70s or something :lol . Mark and Myles are just so creatively driven and dependant that they need 3 projects, and in Marks case, an extra charity album project, to keep themselves busy and moving in their career. I'm not worried, personally.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

This should be a good watch.