The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: free tickets please, Tim.

Post by zazthespaz »

Was listening to the radio a little bit ago (Denver's rock station is awesome) and they mentioned that Imagine Dragon's annual acoustic show for charity was coming up. I think it would be awesome if Alter Bridge did this - based on the number of fans that go to the listening/album release parties, I'm sure they would sell out no problem. Plus with Mark's recent work with NDSS, seems like the perfect time and cause. Timing would probably be a little hard, but they could mix it up and do it at a different time each year in a different location or as a way to kick off a tour. Bring in some guests too and do some Slash/Myles/Tremonti stuff as bonus interludes. Love me a full electric AB show, but I think this could have some legs and support a good cause.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I will support this idea up and will make a trip out of it if it happens.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Finally got up some gumption to pick up my guitar and learn the riff to Silver Tongue! So much fun to jam!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Worst AB song is you will be remembered. But also Twilight, coming home, and Losing Patience need work.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: free tickets please, Tim. - yeah, yeah, me too. heh heh

Post by TenaciousBe »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:25 pm Was listening to the radio a little bit ago (Denver's rock station is awesome) and they mentioned that Imagine Dragon's annual acoustic show for charity was coming up. I think it would be awesome if Alter Bridge did this - based on the number of fans that go to the listening/album release parties, I'm sure they would sell out no problem. Plus with Mark's recent work with NDSS, seems like the perfect time and cause. Timing would probably be a little hard, but they could mix it up and do it at a different time each year in a different location or as a way to kick off a tour. Bring in some guests too and do some Slash/Myles/Tremonti stuff as bonus interludes. Love me a full electric AB show, but I think this could have some legs and support a good cause.
Dude, I've been saying for a few years now that AB should do a full on acoustic show / live album / whatever. Mark and Myles absolutely shine when they do pro-shot acoustic videos for radio stations, and I have to imagine adding Brian and Flip to that acoustic lineup would just round it out so amazingly. Something like Foo Fighters' Skin and Bones, Sevendust's Time Travelers and Bonfires, Seether's One Cold Night... AB would absolutely kill something like that.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I'm at the final stretches of the AB deep dive listening. Rewatched Live at Royal Albert Hall. I liked it, at first watch, when it came at 2018 though I did agree watching it connecting a laptop to TV speakers that the orchestra was not as noticeable in the mix. Listening to it on airbuds was much better where the orchestra needed to be where it needed to be without it being a distraction and did not overshadow the band. The band's performance and the setlist is high quality and The Last Hero songs has aged better than I thought it was.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:18 am So I'm at the final stretches of the AB deep dive listening. Rewatched Live at Royal Albert Hall. I liked it, at first watch, when it came at 2018 though I did agree watching it connecting a laptop to TV speakers that the orchestra was not as noticeable in the mix. Listening to it on airbuds was much better where the orchestra needed to be where it needed to be without it being a distraction and did not overshadow the band. The band's performance and the setlist is high quality and The Last Hero songs has aged better than I thought it was.
Wish they’d release more of the orchestra’s work. I regularly listen to the orchestra only version of Before Tomorrow Comes :)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

https://www.musicradar.com/news/alter-b ... es-kennedy

If I had a dollar for every time Myles/Mark says "lightning in a bottle", I'd be as rich as they are.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles and Mark with an acoustic version of Lover.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Just watched this because I wanted to watch some live Alter Bridge while waiting for the upcoming tour. Man, they sounded off at this show. Quite a few noticeable vocal and guitar mistakes throughout by Myles and Mark, and even one flub by Brian (the bass run in the bridge of Blackbird, he must have improvised something and hit some sour notes). Although, I have to give Flip credit for staying amazingly consistent throughout the whole show. Still, I can see they're all excited to play and now I'm growing even more impatient to see some new live videos and to SEE THEM LIVE FINALLY.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

maximzub wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:40 pm

Just watched this because I wanted to watch some live Alter Bridge while waiting for the upcoming tour. Man, they sounded off at this show. Quite a few noticeable vocal and guitar mistakes throughout by Myles and Mark, and even one flub by Brian (the bass run in the bridge of Blackbird, he must have improvised something and hit some sour notes). Although, I have to give Flip credit for staying amazingly consistent throughout the whole show. Still, I can see they're all excited to play and now I'm growing even more impatient to see some new live videos and to SEE THEM LIVE FINALLY.
You know what, actually Brian was playing that bass part like that on purpose, idk why, you can hear it on the first Wembley concert too and many others, but he corrected it on the live at RAH concert.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I was at that show and it wasn't too bad from the audience pov to be honest. In recordings you spot those small mistakes, but live it doesn't matter much. But Gojira was opening for them and it did stood out to me just how tight those guys are live compared to AB.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

fix wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:32 am

I was at that show and it wasn't too bad from the audience pov to be honest. In recordings you spot those small mistakes, but live it doesn't matter much. But Gojira was opening for them and it did stood out to me just how tight those guys are live compared to AB.
Gojira are ungodly tight, crazy good live band. However, they only have Gojira to focus on and the members don't tour for other bands. More rehearsal time equals tighter show. I certainly would never want to follow Gojira. It's a bit like GnR following Metallica in the early 90s. Metallica were just crushing every show with everyone at the top of their game.... hard thing to follow up.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Gojira opened for them in 2016? Would be the other way around in 2022 I fear.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I would say the size of audience is pretty similar these days indeed. But it's not the same audience haha.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:07 am Gojira opened for them in 2016? Would be the other way around in 2022 I fear.
I'm gonna go a step further as to say I don't think those two bands would tour together at all. They're completely different musically.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean AB, when picking opening bands during The Last Hero tour, went in some interesting directions outside of the usual BSC, Shinedown, Halestorm, Sevendust and their related bands mold. They had Living Colour, Gojira, Volbeat (for the UK arena shows), Nonpoint, In Flames, As Lions (which I think they brought in to get some favors from Iron Maiden to be on as a main support act for future Iron Maiden shows), and All That Remains.

Walk the Sky tour was shaping up to be bands that they know very well or that they really like. They co-headline with Skillet, had Dirty Honey as an opener, had 10 Years for two shows, had Shinedown as main support for the entire Europe tour, The Raven Age (see As Lions as to why I think they brought them). Would have had Sevendust for the UK arena shows, but their drummer had a huge illness that would not let him leave the country. For the US tour before the shutdown, they had Clint Lowery from Sevendust be main support and had another band open for them that I can't recall.

The Spring and Summer tours in 2020 would have had great support. They had BSC and Saint Asonia lined up for a small run in the states and had Dirty Honey for their Europe headlining shows and I think there was a show in Germany that had Mastodon be main support.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Five Finger Death Punch is touring with Brantley Gilbert this fall lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hire me Anheuser, you cowards.

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:56 pm Five Finger Death Punch is touring with Brantley Gilbert this fall lol
"This mosh pit has been brought to you by the friendly folks at Bud Light. Bud Light: when you want to mosh but also go to a country concert, grab a Bud."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I would think that mosh pit would be sponsored by Monster Energy Drink if FFDP is involved.