The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by maximzub »

So after a very long time of avoiding the bonus tracks that are not available on streaming services, I decided I will listen to them finally. It's fulfilling the goal to listen to every Alter Bridge song at least once this year.

EDIT: It's official. At 9:16:58 pm today, I finished listening to the entire Alter Bridge discography.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

maximzub wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:16 pm So after a very long time of avoiding the bonus tracks that are not available on streaming services, I decided I will listen to them finally. It's fulfilling the goal to listen to every Alter Bridge song at least once this year.

EDIT: It's official. At 9:16:58 pm today, I finished listening to the entire Alter Bridge discography.
Beautiful, you deserve a sticker.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:16 pm So after a very long time of avoiding the bonus tracks that are not available on streaming services, I decided I will listen to them finally. It's fulfilling the goal to listen to every Alter Bridge song at least once this year.

What did you think of them?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:09 am

What did you think of them?
Eh. Most of them are nothing special to me. I liked Solace and Breathe the most out of them. Also On My Way Now. Well, I can see why they only chose to put the better bonus tracks (Zero, Home, and Last Of Our Kind) on streaming services.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I would pay money for a studio re-recording of Burn It Down with Mark on lead vocals and Myles ripping a solo! I can only imagine what a tiny amount of studio magic could do to Mark's rendition of the song he wrote all those years back before he was a frontman... Release it as a standalone single with maybe a live version on the b-side!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Brian on drums and Flip on bass obviously.

Post by zazthespaz »

UninvitedZero wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:03 pm I would pay money for a studio re-recording of Burn It Down with Mark on lead vocals and Myles ripping a solo! I can only imagine what a tiny amount of studio magic could do to Mark's rendition of the song he wrote all those years back before he was a frontman... Release it as a standalone single with maybe a live version on the b-side!
There's an idea for an album, re-record some songs but switch who plays the solos and let Mark take the lead on vocals (& Myles harmonize maybe). Could lead to some cool interpretations of the songs while keeping it within Alter Bridge. Would give Myles a much needed rest for his vocal cords too I'm sure.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Brian on lead vox, Flip on the xylophone. Make it happen

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: roll the r's in "Do you ever cry?"

Post by zazthespaz »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:09 pm Brian on lead vox, Flip on the xylophone. Make it happen
Reggae Ghosts of Days Gone By.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

13 Questions with Mark Tremonti. Quite fun to read. Can't wait for a Tremonti x Busta Rhymes collaboration!
https://www.kerrang.com/13-questions-wi ... k-tremonti

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:22 am 13 Questions with Mark Tremonti. Quite fun to read. Can't wait for a Tremonti x Busta Rhymes collaboration!
https://www.kerrang.com/13-questions-wi ... k-tremonti
I wish we got more random questions like these in interviews. Better than repeating the same 10 questions they get all the time.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I was going through my rummaging in finding out that the vocalist for Plush was singing in Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the western leg this year, I have found that Plush actually did a cover of Isolation. That stunned me since I don't think anyone that has name value ever covers AB.

Should they try to get Plush as a main support band the next time they tour the states later in the year? They opened for Halestorm and Evanescence last year and I liked what I heard.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'd love if AB would tour with Plush. They are a great band and Mariah has a remarkable voice. Get their album if you don't have it. They would be a great fit on tour with the fans, too.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:23 pm So I was going through my rummaging in finding out that the vocalist for Plush was singing in Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the western leg this year, I have found that Plush actually did a cover of Isolation. That stunned me since I don't think anyone that has name value ever covers AB.

Should they try to get Plush as a main support band the next time they tour the states later in the year? They opened for Halestorm and Evanescence last year and I liked what I heard.

This band is amazing, thanks for bringing them up, didnt know them. The Isolation cover is great, their album as well.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Took a look at the set list for the Manchester show last night…

16 songs.
12 from AB’s first 9 years as a band (2004-2013).
4 from their last 6 years as a band (2016-2022), only 2 represented from this year’s album.

Compared with Halestorm who played 10 songs, 5 of which were from their 2022 release.

Is AB even a band right now? Or are they an early years AB tribute band? :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'd say about ten songs on the setlist are pretty much fixed at this point, and the remaining six kinda balanced across their output with a bit of rotation. As a band they've always had a tendency to rely on their older stuff live, but that Walking on the Sky may never get a live outing is a big ugh.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Dan Dando wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:46 am Took a look at the set list for the Manchester show last night…

16 songs.
4 from their last 6 years as a band (2016-2022), only 2 represented from this year’s album.

Compared with Halestorm who played 10 songs, 5 of which were from their 2022 release.

Ever had a look at Metallica's setlist nowadays? They had like 2 songs from the 21st century. Still people go apeshit for them.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Dolo wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:55 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:46 am Took a look at the set list for the Manchester show last night…

16 songs.

Ever had a look at Metallica's setlist nowadays? They had like 2 songs from the 21st century. Still people go apeshit for them.

I’m one of those people! I lose all my identity … just go completely …Void! It’s indescribable!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Little Drummer Boy could've been a Flip solo but noooooo

Post by zazthespaz »

Anyone else think that "To face unafraid, all the plans that we made" sounds like a Myles/Mark lyric? Way to go, Christmas music, stealing all the good lyrics.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Does anyone knows of another footage of Mark tapping other than the Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad one?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I'm old now, and so I like to reminisce. I was watching footage of old concerts I've been to and thought some of our younger and/or more recent AB fans might like to see how Buried Alive used to sound:

If it doesn't start at the right time, skip to 16:25 for the start of the song. I always loved that thumpy intro and the bridge feels more epic to me.

It's also fun to see how much of a pro Myles was even back then in dealing with a broken guitar, sneakily getting the tech to look at it and then even tuning whilst still carrying on with a pretty much flawless performance.

Also also, how many bloody cabs did Mark need back then? :lol The venues they were playing were tiny.