The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by WaywardOne »

Damn, over the last year or so I've been noticing him looking MUCH older. We've all been aware he's on the older side, but lately it's just showing alot more. Not age shaming or anything, just hard not to notice about one of your favorite artists! Looks like he decided to let his hair just naturally go grey. All in all, just always wishing him the best and hoping he can maintain his voice and drive as long as possible!

FlyingMonkey97
Bought The CDs

Post by FlyingMonkey97 »

Here’s the full interview and a review video of Blackbird. Haven’t gotten a chance to watch yet, but the interview she did with Tatiana from Jinjer was great so I’m sure this will be interesting also.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fG0Ys5a9f4A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gbQbslDd7l0

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Last night I had a dream that I was the lead guitarist in an Alter Bridge tribute band. We were rehearsing for our first show and the only song I remember rehearsing was Cradle To The Grave. Then, it was showtime. We opened with Addicted To Pain, but somewhere in the second verse, our singer stopped singing, and then somebody told us to get off the stage and that our show was a bad idea.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Post by TheLastHero »

maximzub wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:52 pm Last night I had a dream that I was the lead guitarist in an Alter Bridge tribute band. We were rehearsing for our first show and the only song I remember rehearsing was Cradle To The Grave. Then, it was showtime. We opened with Addicted To Pain, but somewhere in the second verse, our singer stopped singing, and then somebody told us to get off the stage and that our show was a bad idea.
Bro that's pure gold :rockon

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

maximzub wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:52 pm Last night I had a dream that I was the lead guitarist in an Alter Bridge tribute band. We were rehearsing for our first show and the only song I remember rehearsing was Cradle To The Grave. Then, it was showtime. We opened with Addicted To Pain, but somewhere in the second verse, our singer stopped singing, and then somebody told us to get off the stage and that our show was a bad idea.
Reminds me of a moment in the movie Whiplash.

If you haven't seen it, it's a damn compelling film. Check it out!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:20 pm Reminds me of a moment in the movie Whiplash.
I didn't make that connection at first, but now I see! :yes It's a great movie. I watched it the summer before sophomore year in preparation for my first year in Jazz Band. Our teacher references it all the time and sometimes when he tells me that my drumming is out of time, I respond with "Please don't throw a chair at me."
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Does anyone know how exactly they made the music video for Show Me A Leader? I just randomly noticed that Mark's haircut looks different depending on the camera angle. The haircut basically switches all the time between his undercut he wears since the Fortress era and his old short hair style he had before.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 pm Does anyone know how exactly they made the music video for Show Me A Leader?
Another thing that's always bothered me about that video is how close Mark and Myles are to each other in the wide shots that show the whole band, and how Mark is stood ahead of everyone else. It's always looked a bit off to me.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 pm Does anyone know how exactly they made the music video for Show Me A Leader? I just randomly noticed that Mark's haircut looks different depending on the camera angle. The haircut basically switches all the time between his undercut he wears since the Fortress era and his old short hair style he had before.
Weirdly enough I don't think its his hair that's changing, it's light reflecting off his head/hair. Watch around the 3:56-4 and you can see how the light moves from his movement on his head.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Jhenrid wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:26 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 pm Does anyone know how exactly they made the music video for Show Me A Leader? I just randomly noticed that Mark's haircut looks different depending on the camera angle. The haircut basically switches all the time between his undercut he wears since the Fortress era and his old short hair style he had before.
Weirdly enough I don't think its his hair that's changing, it's light reflecting off his head/hair. Watch around the 3:56-4 and you can see how the light moves from his movement on his head.
Yeah, this makes more sense. I remember that they did greenscreen recordings for that video. I just assumed that they added some Tremonti footage from older performances in post production.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Anyone else think the guys/their team should put the Royal Albert Hall show on their YouTube channel? Much in the same way I (and many others presumably) discovered AB through YouTube with videos of Live in Amsterdam back in the day, I feel like AB would gain a ton of new fans over time if the RAH show was on there.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:19 pm Anyone else think the guys/their team should put the Royal Albert Hall show on their YouTube channel? Much in the same way I (and many others presumably) discovered AB through YouTube with videos of Live in Amsterdam back in the day, I feel like AB would gain a ton of new fans over time if the RAH show was on there.
YES.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:19 pm Anyone else think the guys/their team should put the Royal Albert Hall show on their YouTube channel? Much in the same way I (and many others presumably) discovered AB through YouTube with videos of Live in Amsterdam back in the day, I feel like AB would gain a ton of new fans over time if the RAH show was on there.
They should. I don't know how it works from the sales end, but it's not like they are getting any substantial sales now from the release that was out three years ago at this point. Keep that brand in people's minds. Otherwise, they are pretty darn silent.

On another note, I found that they actually released an orchestra only version of Before Tomorrow Comes that was released last year. Never knew this was out. That's another thing that they could have done to keep the name in people's minds. Release stuff like that as well for people to view.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:40 pm
They should. I don't know how it works from the sales end, but it's not like they are getting any substantial sales now from the release that was out three years ago at this point. Keep that brand in people's minds. Otherwise, they are pretty darn silent.

On another note, I found that they actually released an orchestra only version of Before Tomorrow Comes that was released last year. Never knew this was out. That's another thing that they could have done to keep the name in people's minds. Release stuff like that as well for people to view.

Somebody even included the orchestra in the studio version of the song. Admittedly it's not to the greatest effect, either because I'm trying to listen too much for it in tandem with the fact that it's trying to overwhelm at the same time, or it's just too many things going on at once for a studio thing.

It's great, just not better than hearing it in the live version or hearing the original studio version. I do wish they re-released the studio version with Mark's "wah-wahs" the way he places it live in the last chorus, though (as Myles is singing).

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

https://www.metalcastle.net/mark-tremon ... new-album/
“We are planning to go to the studio in April and May to record the next Alter Bridge record, but at this point, me and Myles haven’t put together ideas,” Tremonti admits.

Saying that each band member are working separately, Tremonti added that they have been working hard to release the record as soon as possible.

“And I think me and Myles would just get together and compare the demos and hopefully be ready by April."
So much for not rushing anymore. There's been a lot of people - myself included - here wishing they'd slow down and put out a more complete album instead of forcing this 3 year cycle rule on top of their other projects. Mark even said the pandemic and the birth of his daughter forced him to take more time on Marching in Time and I think that's the best record he's put out since Fortress. Note, when I say best, I mean good all the way through, no filler like some of the songs on TLH.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It is kinda funny that in this cycle we got two great 7 minute tracks from them and neither were with AB :lol

I've made my peace with their schedule at this point, I take whatever they give us. I think before the (tragic) delay to Daughtry's tour there was a good window for them to write and do pre-prod in, not sure now though. And from memory, Fortress actually had a pretty short writing period, though a longer pre-production (and then an insanely tight recording schedule).

It's cool that he's meeting up with Flip to go through ideas though, getting close!
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I, too, made my peace with this schedule. My main concern is that I get the vibe, unless informed otherwise, that no one in the AB camp is as ampted to do this album at least compared to Marching in Time or Ides of March.

Also, Mark had to move his UK tour dates to the summer. So most of January is all cleared up to do something regarding AB. Hopefully?
Last edited by anguyen92 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ah didn't see that, so let's see, in terms of touring now we've got:

Slash - 8th Feb to 26th March
Myles - 1st June to 23rd June
Mark - 27th Jan to 26th March, then 3rd June to 29th June

So yeah that actually now matches pretty much bang on, pending further covid chaos. Fingers crossed for an early Jan update.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Going through random playlists and listened to Take the Crown. I feel like with that song, someone dropped the ball on that one, because that could have been a huge sports anthem in any event. It had a more "in your face" vibe that fits sports.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Rare insight into Mark's private life. His daughter who suffers from Down Syndrome had an open heart surgery. Luckily everything went well.
https://www.instagram.com/markttremonti ... um=twitter

For some reason his daughter also has an IG account.
https://www.instagram.com/stellamonroeelizabeth/
Last edited by Mr. Slash on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.