The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Crumbso »

RnFnHomer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:00 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:52 pm
RnFnHomer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:45 pm
Ubik wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:54 am Oh snap, she finally did it

I've always being doubtful about this "reaction" videos...Like they are the fakest of things...

But since i'm new here i'm in need of more info...We don't like her in particular?
I doubt that people here don't like her. Probably they were just waiting to see her reaction. She actually interviewed Myles a while ago, so I'm surprised that it took her this long to find what may be one of their greatest performances ever.
Very cool. I still haven't seen any bad reaction to Myles singing live...i pity the sucker who ever does that :lol . And yes!...that show is on another level. I try not to overplay those bluray's, but i can't make a digital back up yet. Live From Amsterdam will always be my 1° though, but for other reasons; The first big/pro live recording, Ian taking the stage, Mark sobbing through In Loving Memory...it's a very special show
The Charismatic Voice is great. Elizabeth really knows what she's talking about and has been a professional opera singer for many years.

RnFnHomer
Brand New Start

Post by RnFnHomer »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:11 am
RnFnHomer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:00 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:52 pm
RnFnHomer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:45 pm
Ubik wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:54 am Oh snap, she finally did it

I've always being doubtful about this "reaction" videos...Like they are the fakest of things...

But since i'm new here i'm in need of more info...We don't like her in particular?
I doubt that people here don't like her. Probably they were just waiting to see her reaction. She actually interviewed Myles a while ago, so I'm surprised that it took her this long to find what may be one of their greatest performances ever.
Very cool. I still haven't seen any bad reaction to Myles singing live...i pity the sucker who ever does that :lol . And yes!...that show is on another level. I try not to overplay those bluray's, but i can't make a digital back up yet. Live From Amsterdam will always be my 1° though, but for other reasons; The first big/pro live recording, Ian taking the stage, Mark sobbing through In Loving Memory...it's a very special show
The Charismatic Voice is great. Elizabeth really knows what she's talking about and has been a professional opera singer for many years.
Thank you!! So she’s legit; that’s good to know :cheers

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "Well you'll be pleasantly surprised!"

Post by zazthespaz »

Just watched The Charismatic Voice video thanks to Crumbso's comment - I didn't know she was an opera singer. Her breakdown was real informative and made me appreciate Myles so much more; I always assumed he was gifted with a great voice but she shows how much effort is actually being put into that. The build up in this review was worth it too, loved seeing her reaction to the high note. Got a kick out of her saying she hopes they sing together right before the chorus kicks in too :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: "Well you'll be pleasantly surprised!"

Post by Crumbso »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:20 am Just watched The Charismatic Voice video thanks to Crumbso's comment - I didn't know she was an opera singer. Her breakdown was real informative and made me appreciate Myles so much more; I always assumed he was gifted with a great voice but she shows how much effort is actually being put into that. The build up in this review was worth it too, loved seeing her reaction to the high note. Got a kick out of her saying she hopes they sing together right before the chorus kicks in too :lol
Yep. Here she is in action:

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yup she's great, apols for not giving people much to go on in the original post :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

slasherbridge wrote: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:12 am ^ I can't speak for the rest of the world, but it seems like the entire United States has a boner for those two bands, and I just don't get it
I mean, if that's you're cup of tea, then good for you. But the oversaturation of them on the radio just kills any amount of interest I would have had in those bands.
One more of my trips through old threads.

Volbeat is my favorite band, but I don't have a boner for them. The only band I have a boner for is Halestorm.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I think I may have joined the club of those that like Mark's version of Burn It Down more than Myles's, and are now hopelessly waiting for an official version to be released.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:37 pm I think I may have joined the club of those that like Mark's version of Burn It Down more than Myles's, and are now hopelessly waiting for an official version to be released.
Maybe if AB release something like the Creed Retrospective CD. I could see that being a cool opportunity to record it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:58 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:37 pm I think I may have joined the club of those that like Mark's version of Burn It Down more than Myles's, and are now hopelessly waiting for an official version to be released.
Maybe if AB release something like the Creed Retrospective CD. I could see that being a cool opportunity to record it.
How about just a live album of the current tour, which will inevitably have Burn It Down on it?

Wait! How about another Royal Albert Hall show? That would be awesome! Throw in Burn It Down and some Pawns & Kings songs and I'm sold.

Also, if anybody didn't notice, Tim said that they are planning something for the 20th anniversary of One Day Remains that might have something to do with the demos that Mark sang on.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:41 pm Also, if anybody didn't notice, Tim said that they are planning something for the 20th anniversary of One Day Remains that might have something to do with the demos that Mark sang on.
Any chance you can post his exact words for those of us who aren't on social media? :cheers

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:14 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:41 pm Also, if anybody didn't notice, Tim said that they are planning something for the 20th anniversary of One Day Remains that might have something to do with the demos that Mark sang on.
Any chance you can post his exact words for those of us who aren't on social media? :cheers
If only I could find it buried in the comment section of some post in the Alter Bridge Facebook group from a couple months ago. Somebody was asking whether there would ever be an official release of the Mark demos, and Tim commented in his typical style: "20th anniversary next year...we got something planned for ya" or something like that.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 am
Dan Dando wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:14 pm
If only I could find it buried in the comment section of some post in the Alter Bridge Facebook group from a couple months ago. Somebody was asking whether there would ever be an official release of the Mark demos, and Tim commented in his typical style: "20th anniversary next year...we got something planned for ya" or something like that.
Cool. Thanks for sharing the info :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I haven't listened to anything AB or AB related for 2.5 months :eek ...once they come out with some new stuff that might change tho :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

A world without AB = 😭😭

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:59 pm I haven't listened to anything AB or AB related for 2.5 months :eek ...once they come out with some new stuff that might change tho :lol
That's...not good.

I assume you didn't catch them on the North American tour yet?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: They grow up so slow.

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:59 pm I haven't listened to anything AB or AB related for 2.5 months :eek ...once they come out with some new stuff that might change tho :lol
Shea moved on from Myles and onto women. :lol :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Sometimes they never grow up. Like me.

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:05 pm
Shea moved on from Myles and onto women. :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol

This made me realize just how picky I am with girls. Lzzy Hale is one of the only female celebrity musicians I like.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Lzzy is indeed amazing, but if she's one of the only, you're missing out on some amazing musicians.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Sorry, Shea.

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:58 am Lzzy is indeed amazing, but if she's one of the only, you're missing out on some amazing musicians.
I'm just not a fan of many of the female musicians out there.

Taylor Momsen used to be my celebrity crush, but that was only because of the Death By Rock & Roll album cover. (Teenage hormones raging, I know.) I don't really like her voice. Can't say I like Amy Lee's voice either. Sometimes when she sings, she sounds like she's about to cry. And let's not even talk about Ariel Bloomer from Icon For Hire. Her voice sounds more suited for pop than for hard rock, and it doesn't help that their music is basically half hip-hop already. It's just annoying.

I get turned off when some female singers try to project a "gothic" image. Actually, that can apply to male singers as well. Same for if they're mostly screamers. Tetiana Shmailyuk from Jinjer is an example. Not my type of music. I tried to like Courtney LaPlante from Spiritbox, but I just can't.

Jen Ledger has a good voice, and she can really play drums. The problem is, she's usually stuck behind the drumset in a band with arguably a mediocre frontman. Maybe I should check out her solo work. Maybe.

A couple of my other favorite female musicians are Hayley Cramer from Pop Evil and Siobhan Richards from Starset, but they're not frontwomen, so I pay less attention to them and more attention to their respective frontmen.

Point made?

Well, I guess I'm just too picky with both things I get obsessed with: bands and girls.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Sorry, Shea.

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:19 pm
gbruin wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:58 am Lzzy is indeed amazing, but if she's one of the only, you're missing out on some amazing musicians.
I'm just not a fan of many of the female musicians out there.

Taylor Momsen used to be my celebrity crush, but that was only because of the Death By Rock & Roll album cover. (Teenage hormones raging, I know.) I don't really like her voice. Can't say I like Amy Lee's voice either. Sometimes when she sings, she sounds like she's about to cry. And let's not even talk about Ariel Bloomer from Icon For Hire. Her voice sounds more suited for pop than for hard rock, and it doesn't help that their music is basically half hip-hop already. It's just annoying.

I get turned off when some female singers try to project a "gothic" image. Actually, that can apply to male singers as well. Same for if they're mostly screamers. Tetiana Shmailyuk from Jinjer is an example. Not my type of music. I tried to like Courtney LaPlante from Spiritbox, but I just can't.

Jen Ledger has a good voice, and she can really play drums. The problem is, she's usually stuck behind the drumset in a band with arguably a mediocre frontman. Maybe I should check out her solo work. Maybe.

A couple of my other favorite female musicians are Hayley Cramer from Pop Evil and Siobhan Richards from Starset, but they're not frontwomen, so I pay less attention to them and more attention to their respective frontmen.

Point made?

Well, I guess I'm just too picky with both things I get obsessed with: bands and girls.
It doesn't matter. Girls are classier in other genres anyway :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Good grief. Who chose to put such heavy autotune on Myles for this? :facepalm